The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some additions to Operator customization options

bowiespoon

Before we begin, I actually believe that the operator customization options we have currently are quite impressive. That said, there are a couple minor things that I'd love to see. I'd like the ability to color eyelashes and eyebrows separately from hair color, and for the ability to color each eye individually.

Oh, and it would also be great for hair highlights to actually be visible in missions. As it stands, we only seem to get the main color (at least in my experience)

EDIT: some other people pointed out some additional changes that would be great.

- have the operators head move along with camera, like the warframe

- change the shape of the hexagonal iris to a circular iris

Edited by bowiespoon

9 minutes ago, Burritochu said:

I wouldn't mind the ability to set your operator's facial expression. I'm kind of tired seeng mine look so dead on the inside.

More expression in general would be nice. Maybe when we get some mocap.

Also, circular iris/pupil. They shouldn't have noticeable sides.

Kinda off-topic, but I just want Operators to turn their heads toward the camera / examine objects of interest like our Warframes do. They'll never seem like an actual person if all they do is blankly stare ahead, with their eyes always unfocused and their faces always expressionless.

But yeah, more customization would be great. Not being able to colour my hair and brows/lashes separately has always bugged the hell out of me.

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Kinda off-topic, but I just want Operators to turn their heads toward the camera / examine objects of interest like our Warframes do. They'll never seem like an actual person if all they do is blankly stare ahead, with their eyes always unfocused and their faces always expressionless.

But yeah, more customization would be great. Not being able to colour my hair and brows/lashes separately has always bugged the hell out of me.

I totally forgot about this but yes! Please DE! Let us look around!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

Beards! Why the Hek can't I beard up my Operator? :sadcry:

Because the Operator is a child.

I'd be totally down for fake Santa beard attachments for holiday events or something, but actual facial hair is entirely out of the question.

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Because the Operator is a child.

I'd be totally down for fake Santa beard attachments for holiday events or something, but actual facial hair is entirely out of the question.

They are teens. My beard started growing when I was 13. I gave in and crafted an actual beard when I was 16.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)SageHeed said:

They are teens. My beard started growing when I was 13. I gave in and crafted an actual beard when I was 16.

Obviously the age varies from person to person, but the Operators look to be around 12 to 14 at most. And combined with the fact that they're all bloody tiny compared to every other humanoid in this game (as opposed to some having growth spurts like an actual human being), I'm having a lot of trouble picturing them with anything other than a wispy little baby's-first-moustache.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

Obviously the age varies from person to person, but the Operators look to be around 12 to 14 at most. And combined with the fact that they're all bloody tiny compared to every other humanoid in this game (as opposed to some having growth spurts like an actual human being), I'm having a lot of trouble picturing them with anything other than a wispy little baby's-first-moustache.

It would be absolutely passable in my opinion. But I see why other's opinions would differ and would settle for some "beard-like" alternative. An additional customization slot; "Facial masks". It could contain ninja/gas-mask looking mouth covers and high-tech goatees. Things that would add a beard-like profile.

1 hour ago, Cptcuddlybuns said:

I think that's intentional. Part of the mix of technology/void magic that made them. That's why the Iris glows. 

I don't think it's intentional. I think they just haven't gotten around to improving it yet. It looks awful.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:31 AM, bowiespoon said:

...I'd like the ability to color eyelashes and eyebrows separately from hair color, and for the ability to color each eye individually...

Why? Why does everyone want to make their frames, & now you with your operator, a rainbow colored pile of clown vomit? I don't understand this. It is bad enough every time I see someone's operator, it has some dumb two tone color to it like they are a brain dead Tumblr feminist. Now you want separate colors for the eyebrows & each eye HAS to be different for you too? It feels like all you want is to have the options to make the best crayon drawn Sonic OC on DeviantArt. If frames don't have better color options to control smaller & more individual aspects of each part separately (head, body, arms, legs), why should operators get it first & to something so pointless? Next I suppose you will want every individual hair to be a separate color?

Operators could use real additions such as:

• More hair options that are not out of a generic cyber-punk world. The half shaved heads look stupid.
  • Better hair in general so it looks less patchy for operators & even kubrows.
  • More suit options. There are only 5 suits to choose from, 1 of which is vaulted because you can only get it through Prime Access.
  • The suits should be just like what the frames need that I mentioned above, individual customization for arms, legs, & body so we can have the colors closer to what we want.
  • Options to choose different suits styles for each arm for the only kind of asymmetry that matters. Example shown bellow.
  • 06526866e1dcb702da91b5b043ad48d4.jpg
  • Let us grow them up. I don't want to be a dumb kid, I want an adult operator & so do a lot of other people. Strong, bearded, & the same size as my frames so there is no need for an annoying FoV shift. I will gladly do a 10 hour quest for this, I don't care since any quest is a nice break from running the same missions over & over. Unless it is a long quest where you just run the same missions over & over like the Glast Gambit.
  • Masks, helmets, & hats would be nice. Not just a zipped up hood.
  • A real hood that goes over the head & leaves the face open.
  • I agree with the round iris, more movements, & expressions.

Any of these would be better than special snowflake eyes & eyebrows. If we ever do get the option to make them adults, I can already see a similar thread about wanting beard hair to be different than the hair on your head. Which is stupid, but I can see that being better than eyebrows.

Edited by BuzzBomb8

Wow, you're a bit upset. I dunno about what you see on tumblr, but genetically I have blonde hair and brown eyebrows. No dye involved. It's actually quite a common trait. I find blonde eyebrows and eyelashes strange looking, and want to change them out for something more normal looking. 

4 minutes ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

Why? Why does everyone want to make their frames, & now you with your operator, a rainbow colored pile of clown vomit? I don't understand this. It is bad enough every time I see someone's operator, it has some dumb two tone color to it like they are a brain dead Tumblr feminist. Now you want separate colors for the eyebrows & each eye HAS to be different for you too? It feels like all you want is to have the options to make the best crayon drawn Sonic OC on DeviantArt. If frames don't have better color options to control smaller & more individual aspects of each part separately (head, body, arms, legs), why should operators get it first & to something so pointless? Next I suppose you will want every individual hair to be a separate color?

13 minutes ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

Operators could use real additions such as:

• More hair options that are not out of a generic cyber-punk world. The half shaved heads look stupid.
  • Better hair in general so it looks less patchy for operators & even kubrows.
  • More suit options. There are only 5 suits to choose from, 1 of which is vaulted because you can only get it through Prime Access.
  • The suits should be just like what the frames need that I mentioned above, individual customization for arms, legs, & body so we can have the colors closer to what we want.
  • Options to choose different suits styles for each arm for the only kind of asymmetry that matters. Example shown bellow.
  •  
  • Let us grow them up. I don't want to be a dumb kid, I want an adult operator & so do a lot of other people. Strong, bearded, & the same size as my frames so there is no need for an annoying FoV shift. I will gladly do a 10 hour quest for this, I don't care since any quest is a nice break from running the same missions over & over. Unless it is a long quest where you just run the same missions over & over like the Glast Gambit.

Any of these would be better than special snowflake eyes & eyebrows. If we ever do get the option to make them adults, I can already see a similar thread about wanting beard hair to be different than the hair on your head. Which is stupid, but I can see that being better than eyebrows.

I agree that our current hair isn't that great, but I'm trying to focus on changes that would be easy to implement. Asymmetrical suits aren't unreasonable either, although I don't really think that your particular example is particularly good looking.

Growing them up? I'm sorry, but I doubt that will ever happen. DE seems ironclad on going down the current path, for better or worse.

Overall, I would recommend being less aggressive in your posts. You won't sway minds that way, and ultimately you hurt yourself.