Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction marker in exterminate missions

ChuckMaverick

Since the changes to exterminate missions where enemies continue to spawn even after the objective total is reached, the green extraction marker seems to be behaving oddly.

It appears that if you have killed all the enemies currently spawned (or maybe only on the current tile?) the extraction marker will appear on the minimap, even if you haven't yet reached the total required kills.

Also, when you have reached the required kills, if more enemies have spawned (due to the recent changes) the extraction marker disappears.

It can make it very confusing when you have finished the mission objective but have no indication of where to go to extract.

41 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

It appears that if you have killed all the enemies currently spawned (or maybe only on the current tile?) the extraction marker will appear on the minimap, even if you haven't yet reached the total required kills.

This would happen before the new marker changes occurred.  With the new markers it just makes it far more noticeable and yeah very annoying and frustrating.  They should probably create a not-yet-completed-objective-but-go-this-way marker and have it be ... I dunno orange? Blue?  Something distinguishable from the actual extraction anyway.

Definitely still has a few kinks that need unkinking.

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are using the enlarged map rather than the mini-map in the upper left-hand corner, correct? If that is the case, the way I "fix" this issue is by pressing "m" to go back to the smaller map which I find isn't as glitchy post mission success (e.g. the extraction marker doesn't disappear).

7 hours ago, CherryPauper said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are using the enlarged map rather than the mini-map in the upper left-hand corner, correct? If that is the case, the way I "fix" this issue is by pressing "m" to go back to the smaller map which I find isn't as glitchy post mission success (e.g. the extraction marker doesn't disappear).

I am using the larger map, and thank you for the work-around.

Hopefully this additional info will help the UI team locate the issue.

12 hours ago, Soribada said:

I've actually posted this few days ago too and one thing they can do is after you completed the required amount, it can show both red and extraction marker at the same time.

I second this, it would be the best solution.

Having the red and green markers interchange gets confusing.