The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Firestorm increase Ignis' Damage?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

7 answers to this question

Firestorm will increase the the ratio of fall-off damage slightly. In example 20m distance with firestorm will do slightly more than without. What's strange about this is that it doesn't actually increase the max range of Ignis. Firestorm mixed with Heavy cal will substantially increase the width of effect but has little affect on the range. Sinister Reach will have a much more dramatic difference in the range of the weapons and fall-off ratio but only a slight increase in the width. What's strange about Sinister Reach on Ignis is that it's currently giving the weapon roughly 70m range instead of 52m.

For content under lvl 50, I prefer Firestorm but either works well. or hell do both if you want. After lvl 50 though you might want to focus on damage/status instead.

Edited by Xzorn

Does it increase damage really? Don't you mean that it in practical terms will increase damage when affecting weapons with explosive damage falloff since targets are more likely to be "further into" the explosion with a larger radius? 

From what I've read about the Ignis, the cone is actually comprised of a widening field of invisible AOE spheres, and Firestorm increase the radius of each of those spheres. It can hit more enemies over a wider area but I don't think it will increase the damage to enemies hit. I definitely could be wrong, I haven't done any testing. I feel sure enough that adding an additional elemental mod will more reliably increase my damage output in most (if not all) situations.

Firestorm may indirectly increase ignis damage, imo ignis has enough AoE already, what it lacks is raw hit power for tough targets.

It all depends how far you are willing to push it, my ignis has 7 forma, crit chance /damge riven and crit build and it works fabulously, melting away 100 lvl heavy gunner in mere seconds. I would recommend crit build to anyone, classical serration, split chamber, H. caliber, point strike, vital sense, corrosive combo. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

2 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

Firestorm may indirectly increase ignis damage, imo ignis has enough AoE already, what it lacks is raw hit power for tough targets.

It all depends how far you are willing to push it, my ignis has 7 forma, crit chance /damge riven and crit build and it works fabulously, melting away 100 lvl heavy gunner in mere seconds. I would recommend crit build to anyone, classical serration, split chamber, H. caliber, point strike, vital sense, corrosive combo. 

Ignis Rivens are expensive as Hek though

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

5 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

60/60 or 90% ? Ignis Wraith or regular one.

Wraith, ofc, BPs are given away often for free in trade chat. Full 90% elements, I've tested 60/60 mods and it didn't improve kill power, status is way too low for that. As a rule you build for status OR crit, not both. It is questionable if you can build for status in continuous beam weapon at all but ignis may be an exception ...maybe. 

And yes, unfortunately ignis, together with euphona and hek/tigris, maybe ferrox is currently among most expensive rivens on market, but with some luck you may get crappy one for 100-150p.