Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to ruin progress in a progression based game! ... or Ferrox powercreep deluxe!!!

AcceptYourDeath

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, EnterTheShikari said:

We get a few weapons that aren't Mastery fodder for once and everyone complains about powercreep. No pleasing the masses.

this^. I'll be happy if it's still powerful when it hits consoles (probably not, it'll likely get nerfed into the ground). people should be happy when we get a weapon that can actually scale somewhat in this game.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

8 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

1] Ferrox is a PRIMARY weapon

2] Learn to mod your weapons (This is not only for you, Orthos a piece of junk, lel ?)

3] Play against level 60+ ennemies before bashing a weapon

Exactly. Also the OP forgot that theres a "small" difference between pistol and rifle mods.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:03 AM, AcceptYourDeath said:

OK so I guess we can now research weapons for 2 rusty bottle caps and a handful Oxium (funny after Hema/Mutagen :crylaugh:) which can easily challenge Prime Weapons. Our latest edition for example Euphona Prime.

No travel time - Euphona has

ALOT of ammo - Euphona hasn`t

Punch through - Euphona hasn`t

More overall physical damage with a nice portion of slash damage (I wonder what that does with critical hits mixed in?)

Same crit stats, double magazine size, shorter reload, better status

Neutral riven disposition compared to faint for Euphona.

HALF Mastery Rank required than Euphona (and btw lower MR than Syndicate primary/melee weapons which need alot more resources and effort to get)

Ferrox has charge rate, so I guess there is that.

Oh wait - It beats basically any bow in the game with its charge rate .....I am so glad I got myself a Cernos Prime  right? RIGHT? :laugh:

I honestly appreciate how alot of players seem to buy Prime Access with noble intentions, I really do.

So yeah DE I actually wonder at the moment if I should bother getting weapons, Prime weapons, Potatos, Rivens, Forma if a week later stuff like this can drop?

So you are whining because a Primary weapon is better than a Secondary weapon.... Just because it is a Prime weapon does not mean it is automatically the best weapon. Lesion Zenistar, Telos Boltace and Atterax Bury Schindo Prime and Nikana Prime in DPS. So what? Time progresses and things get more powerful. The Euphonea is... decent I guess but at the end of the day it is a Secondary. I would call Feerox powercreep. it has its weaknesses... 

On 3/14/2017 at 8:57 AM, EnterTheShikari said:

We get a few weapons that aren't Mastery fodder for once and everyone complains about powercreep. No pleasing the masses.

This, it seems to happen everytime a weapon comes out.

For the most part, on the Forums there are 2 weapon grades:

Overpowered / Power Creep

Mastery Fodder / Trash

I mean come on it's not like haven't had certain weapons that get commented on as "op, pls nerf" for a pretty long time already. And these new weapons have yet to dethrone those older weapons. 

Even the supposedly OP Euphona Prime has to contend with both old stand-by's in the form of Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok, as well as newer top contenders like Staticor, Aklex Prime, and Akstiletto Prime. 

There's plenty of room for personal preference and some weapons to just be "good". 

Lately, it seems like maybe DE does want to let us have some nice things, heh. =p

Edited by Rolunde
typo

Yeah, it's kinda funny and annoying to see these threads about too many lackluster weapons until a good weapon is introduced into the game, that's when people start calling out for powercreep. Next thing, they're begging for nerfs the next day. Can't make up their minds and some think they know the game better than DE. Yes, it's good to have a balanced gameplay, but this sort of mentality isn't healthy for the community. 

Of course, you can't please everybody. Even some of the people who seriously want the nerf hammer aren't satisfied.