Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player

(XBOX)Spawn H3ll

Question

Hello everyone,

I started playing last night and i'm now level 8, i've already defeated Vor, I'm still on earth (Mars and Venus junction still locked). I still have 3 missions locked on earth (Oro, Tikal and Coba), I am unable to do Erpo (Archwing Quest completed required)

Questions :

1) Archwind Quest = Mars junction??

2) How do I unlock the 3 other missions?

3) I would like some tips on how to level up fast, or any other usefull tips

4) How to get the best gears/weapons (for my current progress) most of the things that I can buy require Platinum and I only have 50 for the moment.

Thanks for taking the time :)

6 answers to this question

It's been a long time since I started, so i'm a bit rusty, but i'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, but first thing's first: SAVE THAT PLATINUM.

1.Yes, the Mars Junction awards the Archwing Quest.

2.Oro is the Vay Hey Boss fight. locked until you hit Mastery Rank 5, so keep leveling up your frames and weapons! As for the Dark Sectors Tikal and Coba, i'm not sure if there was any specific way to unlock them other than to complete the node before them. (Again, it's been a long time)

3. Defenses and Excavations (Mainly the excavations) are good for leveling up. Defenses let the enemies all come to you, and you just take them out at your leisure and maybe get a mod you don't have. Excavations are great for lots of things: Completed excavators give you big affinity boosts,as well as credits, endo, and mods.

4. Buy the blueprints! In the market just hit RB when you've selected an item and it'll take you to the blueprint variant which you can buy for CREDITS then build when you get the materials. You'll get everything eventually, so just pick what looks coll to you and be on your way!

Hope that helps!

Welcome to Warframe!  If you haven't checked out the wiki, I highly recommend it: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

4) Save those plats for weapon and frame slots.  With very few exceptions, don't buy prebuilt weapons or frames with plats in the market.  I wouldn't worry too much about best gears right now at your level.  Just grab whatever blueprints that look interesting and build them.  Do replace your MK stuff as soon as you can though.  I recommend you finish leveling those MK weapons then sell them to free up the weapon slot.  I think you can get a prebuilt Braton with 25,000 credits (not Platinum) in the Market so if I were you I'd get that first.

I'd be happy to answer the other three questions, but I need to crash now.  I'm sure plenty of other people can help you with those questions as well as give you helpful tips.

Hi there tenno ^.^ 

1- Archwing is avaible with the quest avaible once you unlocked the mars junction. Junction are the nodes unlocking new planet so you must unlock mars and do the junction there. Here for more detail about junction http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Junction.

2- To unlock 3 other mission ? I'm not rly sure what you mean but actualy once you completed a node on the planet the next one will unlock by itself. Oro is vay hek he is MR restricted you will be able to do it later ^.^  for Tikal and Coba they are dark sector as minuscule said those should be avaible if you unlock the node just before them.

3- Level in warframe are called mastery rank. Sadly there is no explaination in game to clarify this but i'm gonna try to make it as simple as possible for you.

Mastery rank can apply to Weapons , Warframe , Companion and your "Tenno" lets say

So you can have different rank(level) for your frame and your weapons and the max rank is 30. Each time you rank up a weapon/Warframe/Companion it will give you exp to rank up your global Rank for the moment lets call it your "Tenno Rank" and you can rank up by doing tests ( like an exam) that are required. Basicly i'm MR19 ( thats my global MR) but i'm using an MR 30 on all weapons and an MR 30 excalibur.

To fast level you need to use your weapons and warframe as much as you can. If you have an MR30 weapons it will not give you points anymore you might want to use another one but keep your mr30 in case you need it or if you love it. Basicly to rank up fast you can ask high rank tenno to bring you to super dangerous place ( defense or survival in high lvl mission )and help you gain affinity much faster ( thats how we call exp ).

If you have any question just ask i know it may not be clear at first.

4- Never spend plat on weapons or frame ( unless you rly want to of course ) plat is for slot and cosmetics but mainly slots in early game. To get better weapons you must rank up because there is MR restriction on certain weapons. But all weapons are good if properly moded ( even you machete i know almost nobody likes you but you can also shine ). You selection of weapons is all up to your personal taste and playstyle how do you like to fight tenno ? A bow that throws arrow piercing trought enemy ? A good old dual machine guns ? Or even an flamethrower ? You can choose anything ^.^ ( even a stargate like fireball shooting staff thingy )

Sorry for the wall of text tenno.

Welcome to the forums.

Edited by trunks013

Good stuff here already.

If you can buy plat some of the advice here isn't relevant to you.  If you're interested you can check out the prices for buying plat through the market in game.  If you can afford to buy enough plat you can speed up your leveling by buying items that are already completed and buying forma and orokin catalysts/reactors.

Acquiring mods and leveling them up is something else you should look into.  In general you want to make something that's already strong stronger rather than trying to shore up weaknesses.  You wouldn't want to consider leveling up and installing a mod to increase the 15 armor for your Volt.  You would want to consider leveling up and installing a mod to increase its 300 health and/or 450 shields (at rank 30).  After a while you'll get a feel for what is a low value and what is a high value for stats on an item.  Each item has strengths, weaknesses, a limited number of slots for mods and a limited amount of capacity.  Each mod has an amount of drain that increases when you level it up and counts against the capacity for your item.  You can look up or ask about 'builds' for each weapon, frame, sentinel, etc. that you have questions about.

5- You did not ask but shall recieve, MR or Mastery Rank some people mentioned is a seperate leveling system in this game that gains exp by: Finishing missions for the first time and leveling Frames, weapons and pets to max rank for the first time only and levels up with you passing trials. (4) better gear thus requires you to level everything that crosses your path at least once as better gear is locked by mr, up to a mastery rank of 16 i believe. (frames/weapons up to 13 with necros prime, riven mods up to 16, randomly generated mr on those mods with no actuall influence on its stats.)

6-Gear isn't everything in this game. A big fragment revolves around mods, synergy and build strategy. Learning the mechanics is thus a mandatory for the best possible results. I advice you to consult guides often, the wiki especially. (weapons are easy and rather obvious to build but frames tend to be tricky. Just google -"name" warframe wiki- and you should get what you need immediatly)

Your most important mods for now are gonna become "corrupted mods", next to the ones that dropp regulary. Those are avaiable in "vault runs". (orokin derelict-spotting and opening a vault somewhere on the map by using "dragon keys", bp avaiable for credits in the market.)

Further, remember: Do not level "Fleeting expertise" above rank 3 without having a spare, rank 3-4 combined with streamline is the ideal for maximum power efficiency with minimal duration loss. Everything above that requires specific builds and is mostly a waste of duration. Also keep "Life Strike" close to Rank0. Rank 0-2 is more then enough to keep you alive. Ranks above that only drain energy for no reason.

^typical newbie misstakes.

Welcome and enjoy the ride :)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108