Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World on Fire

DSkycroft

3 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Dude, yes she is! Did you not just read about how she stole that guys kill?! She STOLE IT! HIS KILL! Ember MUST be ner...reworked as soon as possible! Nothing could go wrong! STOP LOOKING AT ASH IN THE CORNER, I SAID NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!

Please attempt not to make rude comments.

3 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

Protip, you will never get people to make 100% positive, viable, respectfu, etc., comments on the internet.   It's a lot easier to ignore them and keep on going.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Protip, you will never get people to make 100% positive, viable, respectfu, etc., comments on the internet.   It's a lot easier to ignore them and keep on going.

Probably a protip to refrain from responding to these responses as well. I can already see the quoting thread this will start :P

22 minutes ago, row49382 said:

There is always someone willing to play Akkad. for other missions, play solo, or with clan members, or ask for help in recruiting chat. There are usually generous players who are willing to help out. 

EDIT: You also didn't answer my initial questions. Based on your reasoning of her ability, "Stealing your kills," you shouldn't like playing with any damage frame. Instead you pick Ember with WoF out of the crowd. Please present more reason for your argument other than the reason above as to why you dislike ember more than any other damage-dealing frame.

More people play as her than most other Damage frames ( at least from my experiences). I have not really had problems with others besides Ember. Also,a lot of other frames with high damage and CC ults also benefit their team in ways that don't take ALL the fun out of it. Oberon's fourth kills most surrounding enemies,but it also causes them to drop health orbs. Equinox has two sides to her fourth. Maim can be frustrating,but Mend heals allies. Frost's fourth,when it doesn't kill the enemies,makes them easier to kill by freezing them. Saryn also makes it easier to damage enemies with her fourth by attaching spores to them.

Edited by DSkycroft

12 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

12 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

rude

It would have been 'rude' if I had said you smell like moldy cheese. Me making a comment on how DE's frame reworks of late are nothing more than badly conceived nerfs is not only not rude, it's not even directly aimed at you.

2 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

More people play as her than most other Damage frames ( at least from my experiences). I have not really had problems with others besides Ember. Also,a lot of other frames with high damage and CC ults also benefit their team in ways that don't take ALL the fun out of it. Oberon's fourth kills most surrounding enemies,but it also causes them to drop health orbs. Equinox has two sides to her fourth. Maim can be frustrating,but Mend heals allies. Frost's fourth,when it doesn't kill the enemies,makes them easier to kill by freezing them. Saryn also makes it easier to damage enemies with her fourth by attaching spores to them.

Then we need to nerf Mag's Polarize.  She can wipe large groups of armored enemies in seconds with that ability.  Fun = removed.

We need to nerf Excal's exaulted vlade, it takes out groups from across the room.  And the noise is annoying.  No really, that noise is Hek'ing annoying. Fun = removed.

We need to nerf Hentoids tentacles.  No way can any one shoot the mobs it stickies and takes away xp and fun.  Oh, and the puddle power.  You Don't get sht when that power is active.  Hentoid just takes entire mobs and plays keepaway with them. Fun = removed.

We need to nerf Terrify Nekros.  He makes all the mobs run to the other side of the map and force others to chase them down to get xp. Fun = removed.

We need to nerf half the 'frames in the game because some players don't find their abilities fun.

4 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

I give up. Can't reason with this.

As I said earlier,a good way to rework her without upsetting a ton of people would be to shorten the maximum range of her fourth,but increase it's damage output. For example: If an Ember was with a team on Akkad,and she was standing on the objective,her fourth wouldn't kill things the moment they entered the main area,but would instead affect them when the got close to the objective.

22 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Dude, yes she is! Did you not just read about how she stole that guys kill?! She STOLE IT! HIS KILL! Ember MUST be ner...reworked as soon as possible! Nothing could go wrong! STOP LOOKING AT ASH IN THE CORNER, I SAID NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!

I love you.

1 minute ago, zzzNitro said:

I give up. Can't reason with this.

How exactly is my comment unreasonable? I simply stated facts as to why a lot of other damage frames aren't as frustrating as Ember. Just because you can't come up with a more logical argument doesn't make me wrong.

2 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

As I said earlier,a good way to rework her without upsetting a ton of people would be to shorten the maximum range of her fourth,but increase it's damage output. For example: If an Ember was with a team on Akkad,and she was standing on the objective,her fourth wouldn't kill things the moment they entered the main area,but would instead affect them when the got close to the objective.

I would rather see a terrify compenant added.  Not many people calmly keep shooting while they're aflame.

Just now, DSkycroft said:

How exactly is my comment unreasonable? I simply stated facts as to why a lot of other damage frames aren't as frustrating as Ember. Just because you can't come up with a more logical argument doesn't make me wrong.

Those weren't facts though.  You specifically said it was based on personal experience.  That's not a fact, its the opposit of a fact.

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Those weren't facts though.  You specifically said it was based on personal experience.  That's not a fact, its the opposit of a fact.

That part wasn't fact,it was an opinion. What I said past that was information I got from a person who has played all of those frames. Also,everything I said about what those abilities do is accurate. Instead of just telling me I'm wrong,at least try to tell me WHY I'm wrong.

Edited by DSkycroft

4 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

That part wasn't fact,it was an opinion. What I said past that was information I got from a person who has played all of those frames. Also,everything I said about what those abilities do is accurate.

Still not fact though.  The only Warframes I dont have are three Prime variants and Nidus, I'm well aware of how those Warframes abilities work.  

Yes, you are correct about the after effect of them but you saying it's okay for Oberon to wipe the area with his hot because he leaves behind health orbs isn't a fact, that's entirely subjective.

Yes, he leaves them, but not everyone sees that as a fair trade off for having their kills "stolen" it's subjective to the people involved.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Still not fact though.  The only Warframes I dont have are three Prime variants and Nidus, I'm well aware of how those Warframes abilities work.  

Yes, you are correct about the after effect of them but you saying it's okay for Oberon to wipe the area with his hot because he leaves behind health orbs isn't a fact, that's entirely subjective.

Yes, he leaves them, but not everyone sees that as a fair trade off for having their kills "stolen" it's subjective to the people involved.

It is still beneficial to his team though. I never said it was a fair trade off,I just said it is helpful. It also depends on how you mod him whether it kills enemies or just damages them.

3 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

It is still beneficial to his team though. I never said it was a fair trade off,I just said it is helpful. It also depends on how you mod him whether it kills enemies or just damages them.

Personally, I so rarely take health damage that it does nothing for me.  So for me, and players like me, its not really beneficial at all.

And the same can be said for WoF, it can be nodded for range and damage, or it can be nodded to support the Firequake augment.  

Its just a matter of if the player feels like doing it.

1 minute ago, DSkycroft said:

More people play as her than most other Damage frames ( at least from my experiences). I have not really had problems with others besides Ember. Also,a lot of other frames with high damage and CC ults also benefit their team in ways that don't take ALL the fun out of it. Oberon's fourth kills most surrounding enemies,but it also causes them to drop health orbs. Equinox has two sides to her fourth. Maim can be frustrating,but Mend heals allies. Frost's fourth,when it does kill the enemies,makes them easier to kill by freezing them. Saryn also makes it easier to damage enemies with her fourth by attaching spores to them.

You need to treat equinox in two roles because you can only build for one effectively at a time. night equinox isn't a damage frame so I'm throwing that out (no, sleep + covert lethality does not count as damage dealing). Same with Oberon as his damage on his ult DOES NOT scale. Frost's ult is not to damage, it is for CC and debuffing. Saryn is the only example you brought up that does do more DoT than raw damage so there is utility there if it doesn't kill within two seconds. 

Also, Ember's ult does have utility. Increased Power strength on WoF increases the status chance of each blast, so when ember gets to the point where her damage does fall off, she can proc heat for CC (even without the augment) while you finish them off with your weapons. That sounds like it would benefit the team to me without taking all the fun out of it.

23 minutes ago, DSkycroft said:

You assumed your premise true when it could have been either true or false (because it is based on your own experience). Essentially, you created a non sequitur.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Personally, I so rarely take health damage that it does nothing for me.  So for me, and players like me, its not really beneficial at all.

And the same can be said for WoF, it can be nodded for range and damage, or it can be nodded to support the Firequake augment.  

Its just a matter of if the player feels like doing it.

I'm more complaining about people who go for damage builds and kill enemies before anyone else has a chance to fight them. Sure it makes missions easier,but it also can take a lot of the fun out of them. I honestly don't know why we have moved on to discussing Oberon since most of his abilities other than his fourth are useless anyway. If you want to be a healer,Trinity is a much more viable option than Oberon.

2 minutes ago, row49382 said:

You assumed your premise true when it could have been either true or false (because it is based on your own experience). Essentially, you created a non sequitur.

For most of what i said in that comment I just reworded the descriptions of the abilities. I stated most people using her for damage was from my own experience. I NEVER SAID that any other part of that comment was from experience alone.

Just now, DSkycroft said:

I'm more complaining about people who go for damage builds and kill enemies before anyone else has a chance to fight them. Sure it makes missions easier,but it also can take a lot of the fun out of them. I honestly don't know why we have moved on to discussing Oberon since most of his abilities other than his fourth are useless anyway. If you want to be a healer,Trinity is a much more viable option than Oberon.

You brought up Oberon per your response to my comment:

30 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oberon's fourth kills most surrounding enemies,but it also causes them to drop health orbs.

I see what you are trying to do, but you can't say that WoF sucks out the fun of the game because it kills enemies before they enter the ring and not say that all damage frames do the same. It's hypocritical.