Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Ember (Can We Make This Work? #1)

SenorClipClop

Question

Hey Tenno,

Before I get started: yes, I know that ranged Ember is "better" than melee Ember. I am aware that Ember is not built to play melee. Yes, I am trying to use the Silva and Aegis, an arguably "bad" weapon, for the purposes of FashionFrame. I am not aiming to make this LoR-viable or anything top-tier, I just want to make this work as well as it can. If you're just going to comment about how this is a bad idea or a sub-optimal loadout, you are not providing any level of helpful feedback. Yes, you're very clever, but don't bother with this thread unless you want to help me make this work. Thank-you.

Today I started trying to put together a build for Ember to play dedicated melee. Ember can't tank, but I'm working on using her various forms of CC to lock down targets and keep her alive. Here's the current build I have on her. (No Ember Prime, no Forma, no Exilus slot unlocked just yet. I don't really play much Ember and I'd like to figure out how to build her melee before investing much in her.) Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Furthermore, I'm trying to use the Silva and Aegis, since it looks nice with Ember and the whole fiery aesthetic. So far I'm going with a Status-heavy build and taking advantage of the buffs granted by blocking. This is the build I have (again no Forma, but if I can make it work I might throw a couple on and see what happens).

Cheers,

SCC

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, maj.death said:

I'm not even gonna read this. Yes it works. Question answered. That's my main ember build, good day!

26 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Yes, you're very clever, but don't bother with this thread unless you want to help me make this work. Thank-you.

Sometimes, reading is important.

10 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Ouch, Tenno! That hurts.

Please, share with me your Embery wisdom! If you know what's up, knowledge is better shared <3

Since I apparently need to respond to random stuff I don't remember commenting on in the middle of the night... and in advance, yes I need more Formas.

Spoiler

7zSKmqc.jpg

Spoiler

mdV2Z4j.jpg

FYI I use Accelerant paired with flat heat damage on all melee weapons with Ember. Stretch or not really depends on your weapon, and if you want to use WoF. Also do people really call the Silva & Aegis bad? :sadcry:

Edited by maj.death