Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun riven help

(XBOX)CyBirdNetic

Question

9 answers to this question

@BirdSarcoma Strun is a very interesting weapon as it has a significant Crit chance for a shotgun of its level, Strun Wraith even further, can be build for both Crit and Status tho i would prefer a Crit one with some Elemental mods for extra damage.

Your current Riven Mod for the Strun is very good, specially for a Viral Elemental build as it already comes with a high Cold damage and since it already has a very high Punch-Through you can put on Tatical Pump instead of Seeking Force for faster Reload if you feel needed.

Mine is almost the same (just add a -Flight speed to it and higher damage boost :P), and after 3-4 Formas on my Srun Wraith I can tell you that Fire/Viral build is the best I could find, since if you want damage you'll need Hell's Chamber, PPB and Blaze, but since your (our) Riven has Ice damage (and explosive is not the best elemental damage out there, since it's only usefull against heavy Infested and freakin' Rollers), you'll need one more elemental damage type, So you'll have to choose between Gas/Ice, Ice/Rad, Viral/Fire or Magnetic/Fire. Against Corpus, I would try the Gas one, but against Grineer, Viral/Fire. 

Currently, my build is:

• Primed Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Blaze
  • Riven
  • Chiling Reload
  • Toxic Barrage
  • Chilling Grasp
  • Scattering Inferno

Strun Wraith can achieve 100% status before multishot easily and this where Strun will shine.

You can build it for corrosive for instance and you will have one of the best armor strip weapons in game without ANY doubt. 

Shotguns that can achieve 100% status before multishot will proc EVERY pallet. And thats why:

1) Procs that benefit from repetitive applies like corrosive and slash work wonders with this. 

2) Procs like viral which are applied once and can only have any affect after its duration dont getthe beautiful benefit of dozens of procs per second.

3) People were paying thousands of plats for a Kohm riven to take it to the 100% before multishot territory.

Strun will shine in that territory. The straight damage territory is for other shotguns...

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Mine is almost the same (just add a -Flight speed to it and higher damage boost :P), and after 3-4 Formas on my Srun Wraith I can tell you that Fire/Viral build is the best I could find, since if you want damage you'll need Hell's Chamber, PPB and Blaze, but since your (our) Riven has Ice damage (and explosive is not the best elemental damage out there, since it's only usefull against heavy Infested and freakin' Rollers), you'll need one more elemental damage type, So you'll have to choose between Gas/Ice, Ice/Rad, Viral/Fire or Magnetic/Fire. Against Corpus, I would try the Gas one, but against Grineer, Viral/Fire. 

Currently, my build is:

• Primed Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Blaze
  • Riven
  • Chiling Reload
  • Toxic Barrage
  • Chilling Grasp
  • Scattering Inferno

Mine also has -flight speed as well! I didn't add it to the list because it has no positive/negative impact on the riven :D

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)Bird Sarcoma said:

Mine also has -flight speed as well! I didn't add it to the list because it has no positive/negative impact on the riven :D

I read another thread where it is mentioned that negative flight speed affects the damage fall off distance. Can you confirm it?

On 3/16/2017 at 7:46 PM, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Seriously? Have you ever rerolled it? 'cause mine isn't. 

Mine has been rerolled twice.

21 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I read another thread where it is mentioned that negative flight speed affects the damage fall off distance. Can you confirm it?

Not entirely sure. I'm able to score kills at fairly long range with the Strun+Riven. I'll have to do some number crunching when I get a chance.