Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question regarding XP shares

mosaickle

Question

So lets say I'm trying to level up a frame or myself, does it matter whether I run solo or public?

Cuz I was thinking if it doesn't then I might as well run public all the time since public squad endless missions you tend to go for longer than you can than solo in terms of survivability

9 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Atylia said:

So lets say I'm trying to level up a frame or myself, does it matter whether I run solo or public?

Cuz I was thinking if it doesn't then I might as well run public all the time since public squad endless missions you tend to go for longer than you can than solo in terms of survivability

Public is by far better, and yet a full squad is even more better.

PS: let the squad kill for u, you just kill the minimum, and you will gain more XP then if you were killing yourself

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Public is by far better, and yet a full squad is even more better.

PS: let the squad kill for u, you just kill the minimum, and you will gain more XP then if you were killing yourself

Minimum as in?

AS far as i know, you get your portion of affinity and a portion of your teammate's affinity (around 20%?) 
Also, more players = more enemies = more exp.
And your gear also shares all your exp, even if it's lvl 30. 
What i usually do is equip lvl 30 warframe and a thing that i want to level up, nothing more. And there is a colossal boost in affinity.
I'm not sure about sentients though, some people say that they do not share your exp, neither you get portion of theirs.

In two words: if you want express affinity, go on a mission with big level enemies while having 0 lvl single weapon. It's the fastest way possible. Also, stick together with your squadmates, so defences in my opinion are the best (Hydron on sedna - 15 waves for lvl 0-30 weapon.)

1 hour ago, Atylia said:

Minimum as in?

Minimum as you don't considered as AFK or make your team mates angry from you, or just kill to defend yourself

Basically, let the others do most of the killing.

PS: you would like to join a squad where there is a mirage/synoid or a killer banshee, as they will get 95% of the kills and you will maxed out before 20 waves in Akkad or Hydron

2 hours ago, Quanlain said:

AS far as i know, you get your portion of affinity and a portion of your teammate's affinity (around 20%?) 
Also, more players = more enemies = more exp.
And your gear also shares all your exp, even if it's lvl 30. 
What i usually do is equip lvl 30 warframe and a thing that i want to level up, nothing more. And there is a colossal boost in affinity.
I'm not sure about sentients though, some people say that they do not share your exp, neither you get portion of theirs.

In two words: if you want express affinity, go on a mission with big level enemies while having 0 lvl single weapon. It's the fastest way possible. Also, stick together with your squadmates, so defences in my opinion are the best (Hydron on sedna - 15 waves for lvl 0-30 weapon.)

Technically, you don't get a portion of your teammates affinity - you get all of it.

Let's say there's an enemy that gives 100 affinity when you kill it. If you kill it with a warframe power, your warframe gets 100 affinity. If you kill it with a weapon, your weapon gets 50 affinity, and your warframe gets 50. If a teammate kills it, they get 100 affinity as I described - in addition, you also get 100 affinity. That 100 affinity you get is distributed evenly across your weapons and frames: If you have frame, primary, secondary and melee, each gets 25 affinity. If you don't have, say, a melee equipped, then the rest get more affinity. Remember that you need to stay within 50 meters of your teammates to share their affinity (you can track this by the symbol next to the players names).

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

This is just so wrong.  The amount of affinity never changes regardless of who or how a kill happens.  It does affect how that affinity is divided across your load out though.

The OP said he wanted to rank up frames.  If the OP uses his own frame to kill something that frame gets 100% of the affinity.  If the OP uses his weapons to kill then 50% of the affinity goes to his frame.

When the OP lets someone else get the kill 25% goes to his frames and 75% is then split across his weapons.  25% is less than both 50% and 100% last time I checked.

4 hours ago, Tomppak said:

If you have frame, primary, secondary and melee, each gets 25 affinity. If you don't have, say, a melee equipped, then the rest get more affinity.

To clarify, 25% to the frame is a fixed number.  Not equipping one or two weapons simply makes the weapon(s) you do equip get a larger share of 75%.  This is very effective at ranking up one weapon at a time... and why leechers exist.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

This is just so wrong.  The amount of affinity never changes regardless of who or how a kill happens.  It does affect how that affinity is divided across your load out though.

This is just so right

I go to hydron with my friend

When he kills with Banshee i level up faster than if i kill with mirage/Synoid.

We do it daily to collect focus point. and for over 6 months now. i suggest you try it