Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reporting Harassment

ControversyB

Question

In several years of WarFrame, I've seldom found it necessary to go the clicking distance from the simple "Ignore" button, to the actual "Report" button. In fact, I can recall this happening only once - prior to this evening, that is. I've just reported two players simultaneously under "Harassment." Forgetting the simplicity of the process, I bothered with screenshots of the conversation. It almost seems hardly worth it, what with the power the of the Ignore button, but the gang-up style gave me that slight twinge of remembering those "schoolyard bullies." I was quickly reduced to making my own offensive remarks before hitting that zen moment of "be the better man."  Anyway, I wanted to know what is actually happening when reporting a player. What steps are taken after the report has been made? What, if anything, qualifies as actionable? I don't personally wish to see the aforementioned players smacked with the ban-hammer, unless they're repeat offenders or the behavior is consistent. Is there something of a "1 strike, 2 strike, etc." system?

Any info is appreciated. I'd like to know whether or not this route is an appropriate option in the future. I'd rather not cause a fuss, but I'd also like to help ensure any of the younger, perhaps more vulnerable players aren't getting pushed around.

11 answers to this question

It depends on the severity of the offense. I myself have only ever reported one player, because he was going to DDoS someone for killing an enemy they were using 'Devour' on, and that wasn't even to DE, I reported them directly to Sony. Only reason I knew was because the idiot was dumb enough to speak to his friend about it over his mic.

How users are moderated and how they are punished for violating the rules of the game/forum is a private matter between them and the moderators/support staff. 

For in game violations, depending on the severity, it can be as mild as a kick from the in game chat (where reloading the game restores access) to a hard chat ban (permanent ban from all public chats), or even suspensions from the game itself. Repeat offenses are also weighed more heavily.

Your best bet, whenever you want to report other users' rule violating behavior, is to take a screenshot and send it in with a support ticket

As far as I've been told, the "Report Player" button in the UI is broken and doesn't work, but I could be wrong. The best way I know of to report a player, without question, is through a Support Ticket and with submitted screen shots of what happened. Support looks into the issue and decides what kind of action, if any, needs taken. I highly doubt that they'd ban someone over a one time issue, though, so I wouldn't worry about that, but that's really DE's call.

Next time instead of using the button, I really would suggest sending in a Support Ticket. It's a more time consuming way to do it, but I know that system works.

Edited by Jeahanne

Thanks to everyone for the information. I'll make use of the Support Ticket system in the future - if truly deemed necessary. As it is with most sane people, the anger was fleeting, but I'm glad I made the report. It's the only way to ensure any repeat offenders are isolated from benign circumstances. With that said, here's to hoping I won't be needing the Support Ticket system.... at least not any time soon.

Clem! :clem:

i have been facing a problem where ppl are trying to con you out of valuable material by changing the plat offers at the last moment when ur about to click ready to trade.

has anyone of u faced the same problem? the way they do it is they place the plats in the left most slot which is half covered with text in order to hide it partially and if the sale is for 600 they quickly change it to 60 so u dont notice, i am pretty careful o i caught 2 of them and named n shamed them on the trade wall. 

i think de should take notice of this as a couple of ppl msged me and told me they faced the same kind of situation.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)zainubimran said:

i have been facing a problem where ppl are trying to con you out of valuable material by changing the plat offers at the last moment when ur about to click ready to trade.

has anyone of u faced the same problem? the way they do it is they place the plats in the left most slot which is half covered with text in order to hide it partially and if the sale is for 600 they quickly change it to 60 so u dont notice, i am pretty careful o i caught 2 of them and named n shamed them on the trade wall. 

i think de should take notice of this as a couple of ppl msged me and told me they faced the same kind of situation.

Not exactly like that 600 to 60 trick. What happened to me was the guy asked me to maxed my mod during trade. Of course I refused cuz rank 0 is what I listed in the market. Then he called me pi88 of sh8t. Lol.

6 hours ago, (PS4)zainubimran said:

Open a seperate, clean chatbox and keep that one active while trading to avoid this...

No idea what's even up with that one, the inability to just keep inactive chats hidden while trading but it's true, it has become quite an issue lately.

9 hours ago, (PS4)zainubimran said:

The best thing you can do is pay attention and if something does end up a scam, report them. Remember that you can move your text window out of the way during a trade so you can see all of the boxes more clearly, and if you get suspicious about any of it, screen shot where you discussed the deal and the actual trade when it happens. Naming and Shaming won't help in these cases. In fact, it's against the rules and may just get you into trouble too.