Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Mods

EinheriarJudith

46 minutes ago, Starfreak911 said:

Sentinels do, they're just not link.  Also (and I am a real advocate of animal companions) merging the mods would be FAR too powerful and the fact you didn't give any reasoning behind the request leads me to think you're either entitled, or this is a joke thread.

it should be obvious to you. link mods are frame based. you wouldnt use health link on a frame that has low health it would just be a waste of a slot. so now you are down to 2. you wouldnt use armor link on a frame that has low armor so now you are down to 1 (usually frames with low health have low armor) warframe link simply fits the companion to the frame setup you are using. there is no op about it most of the companion mods are utility anyway. joke or entitled? i was asking not telling.

i dont know about you but when i go to change mods in my guns its an annoyance to get an error message because there is no indicator of which mod the companion weapons are using.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

........................................   That's kind of the whole point with the animal companions, they're not always the right thing to choose based on what the other items in your loadout are.  That's like saying "oh lets roll the status chance, crit chance and crit damage mods all into one.  Reason?  Because you wouldn't use the status mods on a weapon that's crit heavy."  What you're asking for is a massive increase in the power curve of companions to the point where there's nothing more than the  consideration of their abilities when it comes down to not only what companion to choose, but also how to build them.  There's a term in economics called 'opportunity cost' where in buying one item, you are giving up the ability or opportunity to buy another item.  This is a key idea when it comes to game balance as you can't just have one solution that fixes/improves everything because not only does it spit in the face of loadout choice, but also because it would make modding a companion EXTREMELY bland as there would be no choice, no decisions to be made.

*edit*  You changed your post to say sentinel weapons when it originally just said sentinels.  Not sure how to check the timings of the edit but I have a suspicion it was after my comment was posted.....  though there is no proof either way so let's leave that a moot point.

*edit edit*  Been long day, just noticed your edit was 40 MINUTES AFTER my comment so basically as a result you have lost all benefit of the doubt I would have ever given you.....  Please learn from this and don't try to undercut a shaky-at-best argument with attempted deceit.

Edited by Starfreak911

im sorry if i didnt give you the attention you wanted right on the spot and fyi i only edited in a ? at the end of please so... dont like my idea tough trying to say ive done something sneaky when it was a misunderstanding on your part? if youve nothing civil to say dont say anything.