Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old hat i know but,

Raun

Question

3 minutes ago, Raun said:

Read what i said to Mag Prime in response. 

not to mention, while you could be searching up, you could also lose the seller/buyer because someone else stepped in while you're away.

Trading has to be done fast or you lose out. When you lose out even when In, something isn't right.

Make a list of items you're willing to sell, research the prices, then proceed with the trades.

I limit myself to 5 items with this process.  Its easier to keep track of prices as well as advertise.  If anyone wants something I might have, I ask them to wait while I check.  Generally takes me less than half a minute to use the search bar on my inventory as well as the market place.

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Except...you willingly gave it to them, they didnt steal it.

They didn't hack your account, rifle your inventory and make off with the Systems.  One of you initiated a trade, the other accepted, goods were traded, and you parted ways amicably.

You weren't stolen from.  You intentionally traded the item.

Intentionally for the price people usually ask for on that item. 

What i like to see in the trade is something like "WTB Ash Prime for 90 plat". THAT is the price he's going for these days and that buyer is asking the exact price, therefore both parties deserve that trade. It's fair on both sides.

Thing is, prices change all the time. This guy said it wasn't Rare, I knew it was before but it all keeps changing on rarity, Vaulted, unvaulted. I let it go for 5 plat because I thought maybe it wasn't as rare as I remember, only to find, it technically hasn't changed.

Basically, that guy lied and said it wasn't rare, just so he can buy it for less. Liars shouldn't win.

2 minutes ago, Raun said:

Intentionally for the price people usually ask for on that item. 

What i like to see in the trade is something like "WTB Ash Prime for 90 plat". THAT is the price he's going for these days and that buyer is asking the exact price, therefore both parties deserve that trade. It's fair on both sides.

Thing is, prices change all the time. This guy said it wasn't Rare, I knew it was before but it all keeps changing on rarity, Vaulted, unvaulted. I let it go for 5 plat because I thought maybe it wasn't as rare as I remember, only to find, it technically hasn't changed.

Basically, that guy lied and said it wasn't rare, just so he can buy it for less. Liars shouldn't win.

Liars shouldn't win, yes.  So educate yourself so that they can't win.

And from personal experience, posting your price right off the bat will earn you harrassing PM's and in channel heckling by people that feel he isn't worth that much, and accusations of trying to take advantage of uneducated players.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Make a list of items you're willing to sell, research the prices, then proceed with the trades.

I limit myself to 5 items with this process.  Its easier to keep track of prices as well as advertise.  If anyone wants something I might have, I ask them to wait while I check.  Generally takes me less than half a minute to use the search bar on my inventory as well as the market place.

Look, THAT is good and NOW I know to do it, so thank you.

What everyone fails to notice is, this was done quick and on the spot. Things couldn't get checked because I could lose a good deal in the whole 50/50 from time away.

You never can tell what people will be asking for, so you can't really keep tabs on the current price of all of them and not to mention, those prices you thought they went for can and will change for better or worse.

Sometimes you could see that people want say "Spoiled Strike". You get lots of them and when you're about to sell it for the price everyone's been selling/buying it for, no one wants it or they all already have it. Now they all want Maxed rank Serration. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Whenever I see someone is willing to buy something that I SO happen to have, I message them to get my foot in the door. Could this person be someone new who needs a chance (like I was given ages ago) or are they someone who knows the ways and abides to them? How can you tell? they're there. This deal is quick. Can they give it to you? 
Will they give it to you? Will someone else come promising better?

7 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

No, you are right. They shouldn't.

They don't normally win.

They only win when you let them.

But I didn't know whether he was telling the truth OR lying. if I knew he was lying, it wouldn't have been sold (oh yeah, then suddenly I would look like the tightwad and HE'S the victim of some money grubbing ponce). If it was true, which i thought it was, then fair enough, 5 plat it is.

It's REALLY hard to know when people are honest or not, especially in text when you can't hear their inflections or tones.

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Liars shouldn't win, yes.  So educate yourself so that they can't win.

And from personal experience, posting your price right off the bat will earn you harrassing PM's and in channel heckling by people that feel he isn't worth that much, and accusations of trying to take advantage of uneducated players.

Yeah. you can't win. You're either some Stingy Rich user/manipulator who would set a homeless family on fire to sell the house they're squatting in.....or you're a pathetic, idiotic loser who doesn't deserve air or acknowledgement.

The Grey area has been made transparent.....even 50 Shades of Grey is in a negative extreme yet given positive extremes.

I also see that you did a smart alec retort about my comments and look, I am trying to be respectful. Some things you said were great, i just don't think Piracy is any good. Now YOU try to respect that I am a person who was lied to and didn't get the correct sum of what you're supposed to earn/get. If the same thing happened to you, I would how sympathy and well wishes for your future.
All I get is comments saying how I was the idiot and how I was well played like what the other payer did was good.

It wasn't and it should not be treated like it IS good.

You may as well say that the KKK are all angels because they promote hate to a different ethnic group.

Edited by Raun

8 minutes ago, Raun said:

Look, THAT is good and NOW I know to do it, so thank you.

What everyone fails to notice is, this was done quick and on the spot. Things couldn't get checked because I could lose a good deal in the whole 50/50 from time away.

You never can tell what people will be asking for, so you can't really keep tabs on the current price of all of them and not to mention, those prices you thought they went for can and will change for better or worse.

Sometimes you could see that people want say "Spoiled Strike". You get lots of them and when you're about to sell it for the price everyone's been selling/buying it for, no one wants it or they all already have it. Now they all want Maxed rank Serration. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Whenever I see someone is willing to buy something that I SO happen to have, I message them to get my foot in the door. Could this person be someone new who needs a chance (like I was given ages ago) or are they someone who knows the ways and abides to them? How can you tell? they're there. This deal is quick. Can they give it to you? 
Will they give it to you? Will someone else come promising better?

Sounds like trading is stressful for you.  Maybe you should find a proxy that's willing to handle these things for you.

I have never had a trade happen so fast that I couldn't price check.  If the buyer is pressuring you to make a fast sale, then that is a warning flag and you should back off, instead of comply.  Pushing for speed is a classic manipulation that keeps one party from having time to think about how bad of a deal they're about to get.

The issues you're describing has never been a problem for me, and I've been actively trading for the last year.  Yes, sometimes the market changes fast but You have to adapt to it and hope for the best.

Yeah. you can't win. You're either some Stingy Rich user/manipulator who would set a homeless family on fire to sell the house they're squatting in.....or you're a pathetic, idiotic loser who doesn't deserve air or acknowledgement.

The Grey area has been made transparent.....even 50 Shades of Grey is in a negative extreme yet given positive extremes.

50 SOG is anthema and should be burned.

But you are swinging from extremes wildly.  There is no black and white with trading, you won't always get the best deal.  The important thing to remember is to educate yourself and do your best to not be taken advantage of nor take advantage of someone else.

Edited by MagPrime

The only one failing to notice anything is you. I am quite aware of your excuses for why you took the deal. I just think your excuses are terrible and more explanations on where and how you are bad at trading.

No "Good" deal is 5 plat. 5 plat is nothing. You had plenty of chances to check the price, you just chose not to.

But I didn't know whether he was telling the truth OR lying. if I knew he was lying, it wouldn't have been sold (oh yeah, then suddenly I would look like the tightwad and HE'S the victim of some money grubbing ponce). If it was true, which i thought it was, then fair enough, 5 plat it is.

It's REALLY hard to know when people are honest or not, especially in text when you can't hear their inflections or tones.

You could have figured out he was lying by educating yourself in the moment. You had multiple super easy possible choices. Ask for a price check in trade chat, ask a friend/clan on the "fairness" or for a price check, just check warframe.market and see what average listed prices are with a quick search.

You chose none of these. You made your 5 plat deal, and lost hard.

You are the only one applying insulting names to either side.

4 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

The only one failing to notice anything is you. I am quite aware of your excuses for why you took the deal. I just think your excuses are terrible and more explanations on where and how you are bad at trading.

No "Good" deal is 5 plat. 5 plat is nothing. You had plenty of chances to check the price, you just chose not to.

You could have figured out he was lying by educating yourself in the moment. You had multiple super easy possible choices. Ask for a price check in trade chat, ask a friend/clan on the "fairness" or for a price check, just check warframe.market and see what average listed prices are with a quick search.

You chose none of these. You made your 5 plat deal, and lost hard.

You are the only one applying insulting names to either side.

I think I can see now that you're not actually trying to put anything into it, you're just trying to make me look bad any way you can.

None of your comments helped me with "How do i report someone?"

Look, little one. Listen closely.

Lying is bad. Whether someone thought it was true or knew it was a lie does not matter. The fact the liar started the lie is bad.

Now PLEASE read my other comments to other people to get a better feel of why the deal was done.

I think I can see now that you're not actually trying to put anything into it, you're just trying to make me look bad any way you can.

Lying is bad. Whether someone thought it was true or knew it was a lie does not matter. The fact the liar started the lie is bad.

Now PLEASE read my other comments to other people to get a better feel of why the deal was done.

For someone who had such a negative reaction to being patronized, why would you turn around and do it to someone else?  Rather hypocritical and counter productive.

But, your question has been answered, many posts ago, so I'm going to bow out at this point.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Sounds like trading is stressful for you.  Maybe you should find a proxy that's willing to handle these things for you.

I have never had a trade happen so fast that I couldn't price check.  If the buyer is pressuring you to make a fast sale, then that is a warning flag and you should back off, instead of comply.  Pushing for speed is a classic manipulation that keeps one party from having time to think about how bad of a deal they're about to get.

The issues you're describing has never been a problem for me, and I've been actively trading for the last year.  Yes, sometimes the market changes fast but You have to adapt to it and hope for the best.

50 SOG is anthema and should be burned.

But you are swinging from extremes wildly.  There is no black and white with trading, you won't always get the best deal.  The important thing to remember is to educate yourself and do your best to not be taken advantage of nor take advantage of someone else.

Right. I agree (on both the 50 shades and the price check stuff).

I still stand my ground when I say "Liars shouldn't win". Whether the person the lie was told to took it as truth or as a lie makes no difference, the intended lie is the REAL bad part.
That guy manipulated my naivety and I was taught manipulating people is bad. It's not something that should be defended or condoned. it IS wrong and should always be wrong.

1 minute ago, Raun said:

Not trying to put anything into it?

You came to the forums wanting to report a person because you are bad at trading.

I, and others, have explained to you why you are in the wrong and that while the person who ripped you off may be a jerk, he didn't do anything reportable.

So listen closely, little one.

You can take your patronizing comments and shove them up your &#!.

You deserved getting ripped off.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

For someone who had such a negative reaction to being patronized, why would you turn around and do it to someone else?  Rather hypocritical and counter productive.

But, your question has been answered, many posts ago, so I'm going to bow out at this point.

That's the best way to do it (bowing out after the question answered).

Thing is, I get defensive because all my life, strangers have been disrespecting me and bullying me. So I try to bark and bite back. I may not be doing it "Right" but I'm still trying.
I've also noticed that if you let it happen to you, you're a patsy worm who deserves all that crap. if you try to defend yourself, you're a git who can't just let it all happen.
Either way, people are SO fast to just be mean and that IS including myself by accident.
I never intend to be a hypocrite, but when the world teaches hypocritical things, you can't help but be a hypocrite to it or with it.

Edited by Raun

4 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

Not trying to put anything into it?

You came to the forums wanting to report a person because you are bad at trading.

I, and others, have explained to you why you are in the wrong and that while the person who ripped you off may be a jerk, he didn't do anything reportable.

So listen closely, little one.

You can take your patronizing comments and shove them up your &#!.

You deserved getting ripped off.

No, I did not deserve it. NO one does. Not you, not me. NO one.

Just like no one "deserves" to take the constant deprecation you throw.

Lying SHOULD be reported. Call that childish or naive, whatever, but lying/bad should not be allowed to go scott free.

4 minutes ago, Raun said:

That's the best way to do it.

Thing is, I get defensive because all my life, strangers have been disrespecting me and bullying me. So I try to bark and bite back. I may not be doing it "Right" but I'm still trying.
I've also noticed that if you let it happen to you, you're a patsy worm who deserves all that crap. if you try to defend yourself, you're a git who can't just let it all happen.
Either way, people are SO fast to just be mean and that IS including myself by accident.
I never intend to be a hypocrite, but when the world teaches hypocritical things, you can't help but be a hypocrite to it or with it.

Yeah...no...

I am the last person you want to try that line with.  

The world has taught me to be a lifestyle victim, a manipulator, a liar and an overall despicable person, by many standards, however, I know that I am fully capable of NOT being that person, and dare I say, I have a responsibility to not be that person and I have spent a great many years doing my best to be better than what the world has taught me to be.

Stop making excuses for bad choices. Stop blaming others for your mistakes.

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah...no...

I am the last person you want to try that line with.  

The world has taught me to be a lifestyle victim, a manipulator, a list and an overall despicable person, by many standards, however, I know that I am fully capable of NOT being that person, and dare I say, I have a responsibility to not be that person and I have spent a great many years doing my best to be better than what the world has taught me to be.

Stop making excuses for bad choices.

I guess it's truly a collision of perspectives then.