The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

riven slots cap at 60

lulutor117

why do we have a riven slots cap at 60 ? 60 p for 3 riven slots ain't cheap ? i bought 45 slots and now i got a message saying i can't buy more ? why ? i have to know if they gonna up this cap or i'm gonna have to disolve my mods ! 

i'm quite surprised of this cap . is it du to server capacity ?

2 minutes ago, lulutor117 said:

i'm quite surprised of this cap . is it du to server capacity ?

yup...the exact reason is due to how much data and space the rivens hold due to their unquire mechanics of being multiplt, random mods in one

Just now, Kalvorax said:

afaik, they arent currently going to up the cap.

Well, I was also saving a lot of Rivens for weak weapons, but I guess I will have to stop. And melee rivens aren't even out yet...

it's not what i meant to say ,  i understand that server capactity is limited , 60 isn't cheap but it's not the problem ... i love the riven update , even weak weapons can become viable in sorties ... with this cap , why anyone keep a viper solo riven then ? there are more than 60 more powerful weapons than this one : / ...

4 minutes ago, lulutor117 said:

with this cap , why anyone keep a viper solo riven then ? there are more than 60 more powerful weapons than this one : / ...

and there is the second reason i think there is a cap....there is no need to keep a riven for a weapon that barely gets any use at all in the first place.

sorry but i beg to differ . riven are for me the only thing that can make unwanted weapons viable in sorties . with the good riven , you can bring any weapon where ever i want . it's the only mean to cut the tier of weapons ... it's not funny to bring the same weapon over and over for high level mission ... 

Yeah if the intention is to bring diversity, we should be able to have space for lots of rivens so we could diversify more and more weapons. 

When frames and melee rivens get released, we should have 300+ items and 60 riven capacity. Everybody will end up having the best rivens for just a portion of their inventory which reduces diversity.

The cap increase is doable, with everything that technology launches everyday, it is not possible that the only tech barrier mankind has is the riven cap.

Unless their servers are from 2005 I can't think of a reason why there is a 60 cap. But yet there is the cap. You are willing to pay 20p for a single slot (same price for a warframe slot), but you can't. Sucks, but its the sad truth. They seem to prefer to force you to buy new frames for plat by removing one part from ODS reward table. 

1 hour ago, toafarmer said:

Unless their servers are from 2005 I can't think of a reason why there is a 60 cap

It's most likely a safety precaution. If too many players need to too many riven mods' stats simultaneously, some problems might happen:

1. The server can't handle all of the requests at once and would have to queue the data transfer. This would result in people waiting for their arsenal to load.

2. The server is trying to send more out more data than the bandwidth can support, causing a queue which results in people needing to wait

2. If the data being sent exceeds the capacity of the router or whatever network layer hardware they use, then packet loss occurs in which people won't be able to receive their requested data.

Warframe has millions of players and a growing player base, so it's not odd for DE to be playing it safe with things that affect server and network load.

In most games with randomly generated stats, their's usually a limit on how many items you can have, often times being enforced by a capped inventory space or an inventory max weight system.

11 hours ago, Heckzu said:

In most games with randomly generated stats, their's usually a limit on how many items you can have, often times being enforced by a capped inventory space or an inventory max weight system.

But in most game, the item slot limit is instantly displayed from the beginning ... i'm not against paying 20 p a slot but i would have appreciate to be told that the riven cap is 60 ... i wouldn't have cycle 16 time my burston p riven ^^ . it was quite the surprise when at the end of a sortie i was told i couldn't buy more than 60 riven slots .. i had to delete a riven because of that ... i don't think it's normal to be told the limit when you are at the limit.