Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Late(r) Game

mosaickle

Question

Happen to catch a Neo Fissure mission in Teshub (Orokin Void Exterminate) yesterday night and...

...how do I actually 'build' towards late game? I took most of the damage and at once died basically instantly while dealing little to no damage

I was Inaros with like 4400HP or so with moderate amount of armor against Lv30~40 Orokin enemies, my Inaros 'build' is pretty standard but I don't understand how even though I know my build isn't too bad (and at this stage probably has taken up like, 98% of my mod capacity) how I can't even put a dent in Lv30~40 enemies.

I think since it was a fissure run not many of us gave too much shts about taking our time so we kinda ran through but still, my 'standard melee build max' on Orthos P took me maybe 6 or 7 hits where it'd usually take me 1 or 2 at level 20~25 (where I'm currently progressing at)

So, so I just need better mods like Primed mods? Or will I need to go very specific in terms of individual frame builds (since I'm running standard mods like HP, shield, power strength; efficiently; range etc)

7 answers to this question

A few observations:

1.  Inaros definitely isn't a damage frame. He is a CC tank.  His abilities help ensure mission success, not necessarily dealing the most damage. Also, if you are like a lot of lower mastery rank players, some mods may not be available yet.  "Rage" will be a very useful mod.  If you don't have it yet, farm it out or trade for it.  Primed mods for inaros are useful, but not necessary for lvl 40 or 50 enemies.  

2.  Orthos prime is a viable weapon, although it's not particularly good at a certain thing.  Paired with Inaros isn't bad, just because the front melee finisher is pretty quick on polearm weapons.  Now primed pressure point, primed fury, and primed reach are all fantastic on the orthos prime, but still not exactly needed.  A year ago, everyone was doing t4 survivals with the regular versions of these mods.

3.  Make sure you prioritize antients.  Fissure and void missions will spawn antient healers that cause enemies around them to be very tanky.  Killing them first will make other enemies nearby much easier to kill.  

4. Damage type?  Make sure you are building your elemental damage appropriately.  Corrosive damage is a good all-around damage type for fissure missions.  

5.  Don't rely on your passive defenses. The best defense in the game is to not have enemies shooting at you (generally speaking).  You will get hit, but for the most part, try to keep it minimal by using your abilities.  I know it sounds like I'm talking to you like a noob, but at mastery rank 19, sometimes I still get caught in how awesome my new weapon is, and I forget that I'm dying!

Did you use Forma on your stuff? What else do you use?

Normaly I can facetank enemies up to lv50 with almost any frame I want.

Regarding dmg, there is no enemy in the current game (not forced 2hr survival or Phase Bosses) which I can't oneshot with some weapons or take out without the sllightest effort put into

Endgame is about utilizing your frames abilitys to theyr best.

Inaros for example is indeed rather tanky... This does not make him a melee frame tho per se. He probably works best with a strong primary/secondary and a dagger offhand with focus on efficiency and range. Keep enemys Cc'd, oneshot them with covert lethality and keep yourself healthy with his abilitys. Stunned enemys sure won't kill you.

As you seem to play melee: the best melee frame is probably limbo imo...build him for range and strength,  add the surge augument, use stasis which is only limmited by bullets imo and have all the benefits of melee (slash staus on multipliers!!!) without any of the downsides as it's not in conflict with his Cc like it would be the case with frost or rhino. -Best combination of Cc and melee damage in the game.-

Stats, thus mods and basestats are important as well and it gets better as you start maxing them but even this has its limit in a game with endless scaling. From there forth its all about using the Cc and damage potential of your frames. Level your mods, consult the wiki cocerning the frames you use and build strategys around theyr strengths or use guides but master what you use. That's how you progress.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

28 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Regarding dmg, there is no enemy in the current game (not forced 2hr survival or Phase Bosses) which I can't oneshot with some weapons or take out without the sllightest effort put into

Probably cuz I have a normal Hek. I'm only MR7 and I really wanna get MR12 so I can get the syndicate Hek (or Sancti Tigris, not too sure which one I want)

And yeah I need to forma more stuff, but it's really discouraging how the frame (or anything) gets reset to Lv.0. Though on Inaros I do have the mod capacity doubled (but also need to get that Exilus). Also I lack a Rage mod which I cannot for the life of me get anywhere

1. Hek is pretty damn endgame viable. Get your hands on the Syndicate Mod + Normal Dmg/Multishot Mods + Blaze + Seeking Fury + Dual Stat Mods + maybe a puncture mod

2. Mod your weapons according to the factions you are going after (Toxin/Magnetic for Corpus; Corrosive/Radiation/Viral for Grineer and Corrupted; Corrosive/Blast for Infested)

3. Without catalyst/forma you will have trouble to stand the "endgame"

4. For leveling go to public dark sector missions. With MR7 you could be on Eris. Then go Akkad. If not try Io/Jupiter. While farming for Relics I realized you can get good Affinity there too

5. If you have troubles with Inaros try other frames. Rhino/Valkyr if you want some tanky ones. Facetanking should almost NEVER be an option. I suck at Inaros (have no idea how to play him) so I can't give you any tips on this regard. And don't waste your space on defensive Mods. You should only use either Vitality or Redirection + Steel Fiber on tanky frames (I prefer Vit for Toxin dmg). Use your skills to your advantage

6. Exilus slots aren't that important. Neither in endgame. It's just min-maxing

Practice moving around effectively so that enemies don't hit you so much.  Max your Vitality and Steel Fiber to become more durable.  Consult these wiki pages http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 , http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mods , http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison to learn what you need to maximize damage output and where to get it.  

vitality and redirection are a waste of space i think. rage and quick thinking is the way to go. Get a tonkor (MR 5) even with the nerf it will still blast everything to orbit. 

i regularly do 2 hr fissure runs and in the end its more of cc then killing because the weapons stop working. u need to have a team to be successful my team would be a trin(energy n health), loki(disarm everyone) nyx(chaos) and slow nova bring them down to snails pace.