Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Limbo handle a nullifier without leaving the rift?

Voidforged

Question

Imagine there are 20 level 300 enemies in the same room you are, easy pickings, right? Wrong, there's a nullifier protecting them. Stepping out of the rift will mean instant death. Is there some convoluted process his new kit can perform that will allow him to deal with it in some way? 

I'm constantly confused and frustrated when playing him, not sure if I'm missing something.

11 answers to this question

As best I can tell, the answer's the same as before: No.
(Although Kamikaze-ing from rift into a bubble, dropping e.g. a Torid cloud (rad clouds are nice at this) and running for your life works hah, right as well as always.

That said, a combination of travel time projectiles (Zenistar, for instance), Rift and anti-ability can freak out allow you to reduce the bubble. Won't kill the Nullifier, though.

Edited by Chroia

1 hour ago, Voidforged said:

Imagine there are 20 level 300 enemies in the same room you are, easy pickings, right? Wrong, there's a nullifier protecting them. Stepping out of the rift will mean instant death. Is there some convoluted process his new kit can perform that will allow him to deal with it in some way? 

I'm constantly confused and frustrated when playing him, not sure if I'm missing something.

Not sure about kit-wise, but the way I do it is with Naramon + Maiming Strike (or any long range melee). I start off in the Rift and then slide into the nully's bubble, attack, proc invis, and then shotgun to the face. I'm not sure how Limbo handles lvl 300 enemies without a Banshee.

Edited by CherryPauper

Rift- slide trough the bubble and get the nullifier with a slide attack like the badass you are -rift.

Limbo also has this latent melee potential as stasis kinda ignores melee and status compared to other stunlock Cc (frost and rhino status, avalance even makes some  enemys invulnerable from time to time) which would still make naramon a option.

You don't have to stay in the rift when leaving the rift is a actuall, legitime option ya know.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Just now, CherryPauper said:

Not sure about kit-wise, but the way I do it is with Naramon + Maiming Strike (or any long range melee). I start off in the Rift and then slide into the nully's bubble, attack, proc invis, and then shotgun to the face. I'm not sure how Limbo handles lvl 300 enemies without a Banshee.

Limbo can easily kill 300 without a banshee if both himself and the enemy are in the rift. I personally avoid Naramon like the plague.

Just now, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Rift-slide trough the bubble and get the nullifier with a slide attack like the badass you are-rift.

Won't work against level 300ish enemies.

Just now, Voidforged said:

Limbo can easily kill 300 without a banshee if both himself and the enemy are in the rift. I personally avoid Naramon like the plague.

Won't work against level 300ish enemies.

Cause free x8 multipliers? Sure. Whatever floats your goat. It has never been as attractive as it is now for limbo.

And it sure is enough to kill 300isch nullifiers with a fully wound up combo counter and a propper amplified slash procc. Theyr only real defense is theyr shields, on relatively low health.

Cause free x8 multipliers? Sure. Whatever floats your goat. It has never been as attractive as it is now for limbo.

And it sure is enough to kill 300isch nullifiers with a fully wound up combo counter and a propper amplified slash procc. Theyr only real defense is theyr shields, on relatively low health.

Because my idea of fun isn't relying on permanent invisibility and exclusively playing melee. 

Without the invisibility of Naramon, you'll die the instant you un-rift into the nullifier bubble. 

Edited by Voidforged

Just now, Voidforged said:

Because my idea of fun isn't relying on permanent invisibility and exclusively playing melee. 

Well excuse me. You ARE playing a ability centered glass cannon with limbo after all so there really isn't much you can do except using the tools DE has given us for these exact frames or playing a tank.

Well excuse me. You ARE playing a ability centered glass cannon with limbo after all so there really isn't much you can do except using the tools DE has given us for these exact frames or playing a tank.

Which is exactly the reason I opened this thread, to ask if there was a mechanic I wasn't understanding about Limbo. 

Just now, jmthebigman said:

Hek or Tigris family

roll to go in rift. get near the bubble. roll into his face.

pull the trigger

roll again.

Id try that

Same problem as above. Immediate death once un-rifted. Extreme damage fall-off against high level enemies when not in the rift.

35 minutes ago, Voidforged said:

Which is exactly the reason I opened this thread, to ask if there was a mechanic I wasn't understanding about Limbo. 

Nope, just abilitys and the archnemesis of ability users. Especially with limbo who can't even shoot them without leaving the cover. 

But like i said, you can use the cover the rift gives to innitiate a slide attack.