Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Melee Contest Submission Questions

ViLeDeth

Question

The weapon gets created and put into warframe, is that it?

I don't recall what happened with the first Melee contest creation "rewards" - were there any aside from having that weapon created become part of the game?

I have something to submit. I do not want to submit it if its best to be made for tennogen instead. However my concept has some mechanics in it that I would like implemented AND the HANDLE is in the game (within rules/guide lines of the contest) - so its not an alienating weapon type, its within the available categories.

I just need to be sure of what to expect, regardless of winning the selection process or not, if there is anything beyond just slapping an idea into a post and having it copy righted immediately to DE? Because if that's the case then I'm going to have to wish the current entries good luck and pull my efforts off the contest and post my work for tennogen instead.

11 answers to this question

the way it works is fairly simple; you post your ideas in that thread, then DE will decide on a few submissions they think have the potential to make it in the game. they then let the Design Council discuss which of the submissions they like most, and then DE have the final say on which one wins and makes it into the game.

if you feel your design would be best as a Tennogen Skin for an existing weapon, perhaps you should try making it on the Steam Workshop, or get in touch with someone who can help you make it?

I can make it myself. That's not my concern. I just needed to be sure I knew what the contest was at the end of the day.

I checked the thread for what was offered and at the end of the day it seems like just another idea grab from DE even if the other submissions don't make it in, they get held by DE indefinitely. So if I did submit my work and it didn't make it in then its a loss at tennogen because I could no longer claim it as my work. Savvy?

So just needed to be certain and weighed my options before submitting and losing work that could be done and used for Tennogen.

18 minutes ago, ViLeDeth said:

I can make it myself. That's not my concern. I just needed to be sure I knew what the contest was at the end of the day.

I checked the thread for what was offered and at the end of the day it seems like just another idea grab from DE even if the other submissions don't make it in, they get held by DE indefinitely. So if I did submit my work and it didn't make it in then its a loss at tennogen because I could no longer claim it as my work. Savvy?

So just needed to be certain and weighed my options before submitting and losing work that could be done and used for Tennogen.

Mind you Tennogen is just skins nothing more and even then it has to get voted in.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Mind you Tennogen is just skins nothing more and even then it has to get voted in.

Yeah. I clearly didn't understand that. I'm seriously out of the loop its sooooo obvious.

I think you missed the point. On one hand I can submit something and lose it if it doesn't make it in. It can be stripped down from its original idea or design for future purpose, never to be seen again because it is now the property of DE.

On the other hand, I can submit it to Tennogen and gamble there as much as I want with the opportunity to have votes coming in and being pushed for entry by popularity.

OR I can tell you how I see this exactly:

Melee Contest is an easy way to get a brainstorming and concept session going without burdening the current designers at DE while they are working on stuff in their development pipe-line. They outsource the creative talent to draw ideas from a HUUUUGE pool of potential talent for free. Anything that doesn't make it in gets taken and used for later without regards to the creator, even if they were very well designed concepts but never made it to the final phase, they would just be used as a resource pool. Savvy?

Tennogen, makes it so DE can turn a profit while sharing said profit with a "free" agent that gets their work voted in until it reaches a thresh hold for popularity. Once it reaches popularity that agent now has (potential) income from the game. Only problem is, if the content created is not endorsed by enough individuals to justify its inclusion into the game, then it will sit there and collect dust and maybe a vote or two each day. (There is a sybaris skin still sitting and collecting dust from 2015)

I would have a better chance at making the concept I have into a skin. So Tennogen is still the better choice. There are plenty of awesome submissions for the melee contest but I'm bothered by what I recognized about this contest. But I can't hate DE for it because its a great move on their part to do this again. Its FREE concept designers in a massive resource pool: the internet. That's an awesome move by them. But its a stupid move for the end user if they think they'll get in. Its a very small chance with no real pay off.

Unless DE is also offering profit for the work - its just a dead end. So Tennogen, make money WITH DE or contest, make money FOR DE.

Hello,

I think I'll give a try to this contest.

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description:  A long, large and curved blade ending wit a spearhead, a curved hilt toward the blade, and a long handle and thus can be held by one or two hand and equip both sword or heavy blade as stance. Dealing primary slash damage, a bit of puncture and no impact. Equip a sword stance give attack speed, lower damage and more statut chance with low blocking chance. Equip an heavy blade stance give slow attack speed, more damage and crit chance/mutli and higher blocking chance.

2 minutes ago, Tipenok said:

Hello,

Brief Description:  A long, large and curved blade ending wit a spearhead, a curved hilt toward the blade, and a long handle and thus can be held by one or two hand and equip both sword or heavy blade as stance. Dealing primary slash damage, a bit of puncture and no impact. Equip a sword stance give attack speed, lower damage and more statut chance with low blocking chance. Equip an heavy blade stance give slow attack speed, more damage and crit chance/mutli and higher blocking chance.

Lmao...you need to submit your idea in this thread: 

1 hour ago, Tipenok said:

Hello,

Why do so many people fail to have reading comprehension skills?

Spoiler

Your submission must include:
Faction: Clearly label which faction this weapon belongs to
Brief Description: Include a grip-type and description of your weapon (max 100 words)
Original Artwork: Maximum 2 images

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Brief Description: Include a grip-type and description of your weapon (max 100 words)

The thread for the contest entries is 90% populated with such.

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Reveal hidden contents

That says maximum of 2. Their is no listed minimum which means technically it is not necessary. 

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

That says maximum of 2. Their is no listed minimum which means technically it is not necessary. 

The rules specify that original artwork must be included, which would mean at least 1 must be provided, with 2 as a maximum.

When you purchase internet service with a maximum bandwidth (e.g. purchasing 1 Gigabit/sec internet service), the internet service provider must provide a connection with bandwidth. Would you find it acceptable if your ISP set your bandwidth to 0 Mbps? "There is no listed minimum which means technically it is not necessary"

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

The rules specify that original artwork must be included, which would mean at least 1 must be provided, with 2 as a maximum.

I didn't read the rest of the rules so I didn't know about that. I was commenting on the part you mentioned.