Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Limbo win Pacifism Defect?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

I only had 2 serious runs with a group at mission 3. First run, score of about 900. No major tactics other than 2 Trinitys trying to keep everything alive. Second run, score of around 1350. Two Trinitys keeping everything alive and two Frosts trying to stop everything.

That second run took about 3 hours. Headache inducing. Charger enemies were around level 575, I think. They hurt when they hit you. A lot. One hit was dropping most stuff. Not a lot that Trinity could do at that point. And wow those guys took some hits.

But yeah, after that second run Sunday night enough was enough. No real desire to go back in again after that but the mind carries on thinking of tactics.

Looking at the leaderboards some people went waaaaaaaaaaay longer than that. Was it with Limbo? Was that it? I can't really think of much else that coulda gone further.

Did Limbo win? Or was there another frame that carried those high scores?

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

But Vauban can't stop EVERYTHING can he? After stopping x number of enemies then enemies after x aren't affected are they? (apologies, I'm not that experienced with Vauban).

True, but that's why you spam. Lol

EV Trin means they have effectively infinite energy. 

vauban, high efficiency build so you can spam bastille (some with augment too), ev trinity spamming blessing and then not killing the enemies makes higher scores easier to attain because the quicker you kill the enemies the quicker they rank up.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

But Vauban can't stop EVERYTHING can he? After stopping x number of enemies then enemies after x aren't affected are they? (apologies, I'm not that experienced with Vauban).

Repelling Bastille augment lets Vauban push enemies out after the max capacity of Bastille has been reached.  

I  tried out Limbo in a public game.  In theory he could work quite well, in practice it's a lot of micro management.  

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Repelling Bastille augment lets Vauban push enemies out after the max capacity of Bastille has been reached.  

I  tried out Limbo in a public game.  In theory he could work quite well, in practice it's a lot of micro management.  

Pushing out isn't much use when the things you are protecting are gonna move out of the bastille too.

I can kinda see the Vauban tactic but it doesn't seem as viable at the Limbo tactic to me. There's too much that could go wrong and at the stages of the game I'm talking about, one wrong move and it all starts to fall apart.

Whereas the Limbo tactic, there's no difference transporting 4 dudes at the start of the game as there is transporting 4 dudes 5 hours into the game.

And not to mention the toxin. What can Vauban do about the toxin? That stuff really starts to hurt.

My clanmates figured out some efficient tactics like:

- 2 EV Trinity and 2 slow Equinox (with Peaceful Provocation augment) - nice, but ruined after 200 evacuated kavors by energy leeches
 - 2 EV Tritiny and 2 Vauban (Bastile + Vortex augments) - nice, but ruined by energy leeches again
 - 2 EV Trinity and 2 Limbo - nice, but requires alot of patience, cuz no CC at all and it's difficult to aim onto Kavor dudes instead of enemies
 - 2 EV Trinity and 2 Frost (max range + max duration) - nice becuz of protecting from drones

All these tactics are allowing you to easilly do up to 250 evacuated guys. After that it becomes difficult to withstand many energy leeches (trin runs out of energy), battery drones instakilling the Kavor dudes (Frost can protect, but not fully) and many many fiery eximus waves. This observation makes me think that the guys with more than 500 evacuated dudes could use some kind of exploits not very known to community. Especially this applies to the guys on top of the personal best on PC - they had 12000 points. Unbeaten record, absolutely perfect number of points, three thousands evacuated kavors - that looks mockingly, isn't it?

But you don't need to earn so many. My ghost clan got about a 6k event points (in average 150 evacuated kavors per clan member), and that was enough to reach top 100 and keep that position to the end of the event (as you can see here http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/pacifismDefect.php we are 119).

Edited by Zanoza-chan

10 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

After that it becomes difficult to withstand many energy leeches (trin runs out of energy), battery drones instakilling the Kavor dudes (Frost can protect, but not fully) and many many fiery eximus waves.

Doesn't Limbo protect against all of that except the energy leeches? (again, apologies, I'm not experienced with Limbo).

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Doesn't Limbo protect against all of that except the energy leeches? (again, apologies, I'm not experienced with Limbo).

Yes, he does... while in the Rift. But Rift isn't endless, and you'll need some time to recast anyway, and you can be caught by lucky bullet. And, more importantly, Limbo can miss the target when trying to banish the kavor in the crowd, and strong enemy in the Rift is a big danger especially for kavor dudes, cuz they have only one revive attempt. Surely I'm talking about high-lvl enemies that can instantly kill you by spittle, whip or even slap.

2 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yes, including the energy leeches.  Limbo protects from all of that.  The hardest part is making sure you target the Kavors and your fellow Tenno instead of the enemies, which is where that team that got 12000 points (not using exploits) came up with some very good ideas.

They used 2 Limbos and 2 Frosts.  The Limbos banish all the Kavors and the Frosts as well as stay in the rift.  They also use the Haven augment to keep the Kavors healed.  The Frosts use their snow globes to keep the enemies away so that the Limbos don't miss.  They also popped into their operators to tell the Kavors to move so that they didn't have to hop out of the rift to do that.