Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus or Charger

JVargo

Question

Hello Warframe community. I tend to cycle through my games, and I've been back to Warframe for about a week now after being gone for a few months. I'm sitting here with a freshly crafted Nidus and newly hatched Helminth Charger. While I have certainly put quite a bit of money into this game, I can't do so right now, and I only have one potato. I have most of the frames, sentinels, and pets, so I'm not hurting in either area without one or the other. So my question is which one should I potato?

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JVargo said:

Hello Warframe community. I tend to cycle through my games, and I've been back to Warframe for about a week now after being gone for a few months. I'm sitting here with a freshly crafted Nidus and newly hatched Helminth Charger. While I have certainly put quite a bit of money into this game, I can't do so right now, and I only have one potato. I have most of the frames, sentinels, and pets, so I'm not hurting in either area without one or the other. So my question is which one should I potato?

Check your inbox. There is the answer.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Nidus if you plan to use him, Charger if you plan to use it. Both are quite good, but the Charger will require more forma to cap out effectiveness. Nidus gets quite good with only 3-4 forma max.

actually iirc you dont even need forma for nidus atleast the way i have mine built just the potato was enough i had about 100 dura, 50eff, 160 range and 200+str with rage and vitality and both armor mods with just a potato and steel charge as aura if i forma him twice i can get xtra power str cause im not sporting power drift for exilus slot(empty) but he is wrecking as is

Just now, Omnipower said:

actually iirc you dont even need forma for nidus atleast the way i have mine built just the potato was enough i had about 100 dura, 50eff, 160 range and 200+str with rage and vitality and both armor mods with just a potato and steel charge as aura if i forma him twice i can get xtra power str cause im not sporting power drift for exilus slot(empty) but he is wrecking as is

Then that is the difference with what one would consider "Quite good." I was more or less referring to an end-game build setup with a maximized build.

It still depends which they would use more of. Both are very good damage dealers when maxed out.

21 minutes ago, CyndriThelin said:

Check your inbox. There is the answer.

Omg, thank you! I just expected to get opinions on which is more useful long term. I didn't expect anyone to be so cool to a total stranger. 

6 hours ago, CyndriThelin said:

You can also check your inbox.

Well, now I just have to match you. You should check your inbox. 

On 4/2/2017 at 2:10 PM, JVargo said:

Omg, thank you! I just expected to get opinions on which is more useful long term. I didn't expect anyone to be so cool to a total stranger. 

Get ready for some more.

1 hour ago, JVargo said:

Wow thank you! I'm really surprised how this happened. Now I have the motivation to farm up the newer primes I haven't gotten yet. 

Are there any you're looking for in particular? I might have some spare parts or bps, save you a bit of time. No plat charge.

1 hour ago, Archeyef said:

Are there any you're looking for in particular? I might have some spare parts or bps, save you a bit of time. No plat charge.

Currently trying to get the Meso N3s needed for Nekros' Blueprint. I have the rest of him crafted.