Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Bailiff Eximus?

AzoreanEve

Question

I'm attempting to finish my codex, (at least the non bugged entries) and I've run into the problem that is spawning Bailiff Eximus units. So far, I've heard they spawn in Kuva Spy and Assault but no one has mentioned what they did to trigger their spawns.

I've done countless spies while farming a mod, almost always the alarms were on and enemies would see me outside the vaults, but I never triggered the vault where you see the bailiff and he always spawned as a normal unit. Between B and C I would often find another bailiff but it never spawned as an eximus.

I've started doing assault missions and often find just a single bailiff during the whole mission (at the entrance), and my best luck was when I spotted 2 at that entrance and a 3rd one during the MD part. Never as eximus. With the alarms off I'd rarely see eximus enemies but if I keep the alarms on and the enemies alerted to me I get to see 3 to 5 eximus (never a bailiff).

What should I do to boost my chances at a spawn?

12 answers to this question

Yeah I've heard you can get them to spawn in spy and assault, but I've never managed it myself. I think most people who have the codex entry unlocked managed it during a prior tactical alert when they were common spawns. Getting them to spawn now...well it isn't easy. If it's even actually possible.

3 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Kuva fortress according to some wikia comment.

They are quite rare tho, I don't remember seeing a single one in all my flight time.

That's exactly my main issue. Other forum threads mention those places at Kuva but eximus are often tied to alarm levels and I've yet to figure out what makes it work. The manic bombard eximus were much simpler to spawn :/

1 hour ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Would eximus stronghold sortie missions be more likely the spawn them?

I'd expect so, but the only eximus stronghold Kuva sorties I remember doing were MD. Expecting an eximus kuva spy or assault (is that even in the mission generator?) is as reliable as expecting a riven to get 4 specific stats that you want, for a weapon you like.

best option would be to wait for alerts and sorties involving assault or spy. there's a sortie assault going on today, i'll be spamming that for a while and will update if i spot an eximus

EDIT: seems assault missions have 2 guaranteed bailiff spawns (one at the entrance bridge and another at the cannon) with (i hope) a chance to be eximi. spy missions have 1 spawn in a vault, no idea if it can be an eximus. either way, from an efficiency standpoint, assault seems the better option for bailiff eximi scans

Edited by HC217

1 hour ago, HC217 said:

best option would be to wait for alerts and sorties involving assault or spy. there's a sortie assault going on today, i'll be spamming that for a while and will update if i spot an eximus

It isn't an Eximus Stronghold so the chance of one showing up is no better than on a normal run on the Assault node.

Just now, Calamitant said:

It isn't an Eximus Stronghold so the chance of one showing up is no better than on a normal run on the Assault node.

i'd like to think the level diffrences matter, but yeah, you're probably right

2 hours ago, HC217 said:

seems assault missions have 2 guaranteed bailiff spawns (one at the entrance bridge and another at the cannon) with (i hope) a chance to be eximi.

Guaranteed 2 might depend on squad size. Running on invite only, if you don't kill the first bailiff, he'll be the same one that shows up later more often than not (I marked him to check). Regardless, I've had times with 2 bailiffs spawning at the entrance and I really wonder if anything you do even affects that.

I swear I'll see a Quanta Ranger Eximus before seeing a Bailiff Eximus.

Edited by AzoreanEve

7 minutes ago, AzoreanEve said:

Guaranteed 2 might depend on squad size. Running on invite only, if you don't kill the first bailiff, he'll be the same one that shows up later more often than not (I marked him to check). Regardless, I've had times with 2 bailiffs spawning at the entrance and I really wonder if anything you do even affects that.

I swear I'll see a Quanta Ranger Eximus before seeing a Bailiff Eximus.

i run these on pub, still see 2 spawn, 1 at bridge, 1 at cannon. possible alarms affect em, but have yet to notice a difference

2 hours ago, HC217 said:

i'd like to think the level diffrences matter, but yeah, you're probably right

Alas no. Alarms effect them, and actually Nightmare missions have a higher spawn rate of Eximus units.

...unfortunately only two nodes on the Kuva Fortress are eligible for Nightmare missions and it's not Assault or Spy.

Nightmare mission trick is how I managed to get my last rare osprey eximus scans.