The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low Performance Since 9.0

Zrams

Server lag has gotten ridiculous recently, almost to the point where the game is unplayable. I have my matchmaking set too 100 ping, i have ports forwarded, i get 64 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up, 0% packet loss, 15 ms ping, and 2ms jitter. So I know it's all server side.

And like other have stated, solo plays fine, maybe even better. 

System:

intel i7 3970 at 4.6 Ghz

64GB DDR3

HD 906GB Solid State

Windows 7 x64

GTX Titan

Edited by Budd_Weaver

Server lag has gotten ridiculous recently, almost to the point where the game is unplayable. I have my matchmaking set too 100 ping, i have ports forwarded, i get 64 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up, 0% packet loss, 15 ms ping, and 2ms jitter. So I know it's all server side.

You do know that the only 'servers' Warframe has are the account / content ones right? All games are hosted peer to peer, which means that one member of the squad hosts the game, and all the others connect directly to their machine. Any lag you are experiencing is more 'host lag' rather than 'server lag'. 

Though as you say, if the game really is only connecting you to instances you have a 100ms or less connection too, you shouldn't be seeing any connectivity issues. 

You do know that the only 'servers' Warframe has are the account / content ones right? All games are hosted peer to peer, which means that one member of the squad hosts the game, and all the others connect directly to their machine. Any lag you are experiencing is more 'host lag' rather than 'server lag'. 

Though as you say, if the game really is only connecting you to instances you have a 100ms or less connection too, you shouldn't be seeing any connectivity issues. 

Ah, in all honestly I figured it was both a peer to peer and server connection. Thanks for the info.

Ah, in all honestly I figured it was both a peer to peer and server connection. Thanks for the info.

No. Just your account details are stored on a server. And I think the chat has a central server too...that's about it. Every game session is peer to peer. Now if DE would either fix their netcode or recognise that they've grown too big for such a small-scale solution, and get dedicated game servers, we might actually see an end to the NAT issues...

For me it's connectivity issues...

am also reciving vary bad connection issues, Connecting the launcher and the login, also forge is also slow as hell. I have a feeling that there login server download server and forge servers are sitting on the same server.

Just clocked a match on T3 capture at an average of 41FPS.

Transfer to Cyath with exactly the same squad a few minutes later. 89FPS average.

Yeah......either each crystal pot-plant in the void uses 5fps to render, there is something horribly wrong going on. The void and Cyath are comparable map sizes, and they both have similar quantaties of NPC models spawning in and out....so...where's my 40 frames gone? 

ok, i dont know if this will fix all of your problem or not: I experience this too, and since U9 too. I play from steam, so there's steam overlay on. the fps drop really annoying, so i try to turn off directx 11 from warframe launcher setting. the consequences is there's no steam overlay, but now the game run with normal fps.

one of my clanmate do this too, and he get the same result.

ok, i dont know if this will fix all of your problem or not: I experience this too, and since U9 too. I play from steam, so there's steam overlay on. the fps drop really annoying, so i try to turn off directx 11 from warframe launcher setting. the consequences is there's no steam overlay, but now the game run with normal fps.

one of my clanmate do this too, and he get the same result.

Then something must have changed with the optimization of directx 11. Obviously it isn't the steamoverlay since my overlay is still active even without dx11.

Then something must have changed with the optimization of directx 11. Obviously it isn't the steamoverlay since my overlay is still active even without dx11.

i expect that. yeah, maybe something changes with how de use directx11. for now just turn it off.

For me, the game just stutters or jitters like an old CD/DVD back in the day. It's not an FPS or lag issue as I can tell. It's very annoying. I even reinstalled to try and fix it. I'm desperate. I actually play EVE now (usually AFK mine) because WARFRAME is too broken.

Before Update 9, I get constant 60 FPS even while recording. Recently my FPS drops down within the range of 25-60 FPS especially on the void even if I'm not recording.

Sometimes when a player joins a mission, my screen freezes for 2 seconds then goes back to normal.

I've noticed lower FPS since 9.0.  It's annoying to run stuff now when the areas get full of enemies like in defense missions.  I even turned off all the effects and dropped texturing and shadows to low, I still get 20 or lower FPS in large firefights.  Before 9.0 I had the game at max settings, and never noticed the frame rate drop dramaticly.

I run an Intel quad i5-3450 3.10 GHz, with 8 gigs of ram, and a Radeon HD 7950 video card.

As of patch 9.3 the host performance issues became worse during these moments: Fomorian Reactor goes down. Lights go off --> Lag mode activate.

I also have a lot more stuttering. I'd expect this if I was running this on my dying harddrive but Im running this game on an SSD.

Edited by R3leaZ

the host lag is insane since about  u 9.2  (when the playwarframe -> warframe change happened) - i cant find any lagfree games anymore - the loot delay, damage delay, mobs showing as lvl 1, invisible mobs and players (i can see rhino use aoe but hes not on the map or visible, an aoe can kill mobs you dont even see yet).

And im confident that its not my problem - iv run ping tests,  checked with other online games and hosted dedicated servers for fps/minecraft and such.

Everything else runs just fine.

Even getting the "all sessions were rejected because their ping was too high" quite often. And the "connection to the host has been lost" for about half the games now.

Edited by Ketec