The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets us vote for changes!

(PSN)ImmaTrueSpartan

44 minutes ago, Keiiken said:

No offense but this is why the voting is NOT open to everyone.

The Design council is a subset of users on the forums, originally founders only but but now new members are picked from the users on the forums based on their contributions to the community particularly in constructive feedback.

The aim is quality over quantity.

^ in a nut shell 

its comprised of the founders first and  later they allowed non founders,

this group is to reflect the player base as a whole in a micro aspect

2 hours ago, Keiiken said:

The Design council is a subset of users on the forums, originally founders only but but now new members are picked from the users on the forums based on their contributions to the community particularly in constructive feedback.

Well dang, I didn't realize Design Council was invite only. I thought anyone could post on there, thanks.

2 hours ago, Keiiken said:

So inside the absurdly small forum users we have an even smaller group of people to decide whats good for the huge amount of players never appearing on the forums?

Im sorry i started to stalk the forums since this year, i dont really know what we have here.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So inside the absurdly small forum users we have an even smaller group of people to decide whats good for the huge amount of players never appearing on the forums?

Im sorry i started to stalk the forums since this year, i dont really know what we have here.

The Design Council doesn't decide what good for everyone, DE tries to do that. They do listen to feedbakc from users in on the forums in general.

They do ask for input from the Design council from time to time.

Any forum user can become a member of the Design Council and there is even a thread giving what they look for when they send out invites.

Ultimate_Vault_Hunter-my man I'm all for the idea! WARFRAME Forums is a website out side of "Nurframe" you know there Game so why discuss ideas, updates, changes, on a Website Not There Game. doesn't make sense I know. Voting in Nurframe very similar to darvas totally legit sale the developers post ideas regarding updates changes and new ideas and we the players would simply give our feedback so that they are aware of which the players want, there are no flaws with this idea. Developers make ideas and concepts for the game and players give feedback prior installment  of these ideas. Once again Utopia which was once Warframe

8 hours ago, Keiiken said:

The Design Council doesn't decide what good for everyone, DE tries to do that. They do listen to feedbakc from users in on the forums in general.

They do ask for input from the Design council from time to time.

Any forum user can become a member of the Design Council and there is even a thread giving what they look for when they send out invites.

So back to my original question, inside a small minority an even smaller one decided on questions they get.

I play many games and from time to time the developers ask ingame in forms of votes, feedback, etc what people want to see. Its not hard to do (in my opinion)

Here's why asking for people's opinions via in game vote would be meaningless:

Most of the player base doesn't know what's good for them and is oblivious to consequences.

If you were to ask a child, " would you rather spend your money on better education, or would you rather spend it on video games?", he/she would probably pick the latter because he/she lacks the knowledge and mentality for proper decision making. Much of the community is like that; they favor immediate pleasure over overall well-being (e.g. the anti-nerf mentality), are oblivious to potential long term gains (e.g. the anti-Conclave people) as well as oblivious to consequences (e.g. those people who believe that an auction house or similar implementations would have no negative consequence).

In-game votes may end up like the US presidential election; the most nonsensical option may end up winning the vote.

29 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Ingame vote system, why or direct access to the forums ingame is what we need.

If you go to the console that displays the news, clicking on the update one opens up your Steam web browser to the forums.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So back to my original question, inside a small minority an even smaller one decided on questions they get.

I play many games and from time to time the developers ask ingame in forms of votes, feedback, etc what people want to see. Its not hard to do (in my opinion)

No one is saying its hard to do but its not the way DE decided to go.

As I said they recruit players into Design Council based on their presence in the community and an ability to give constructive feedback. See the post I quoted below.

6 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Here's why asking for people's opinions via in game vote would be meaningless:

Most of the player base doesn't know what's good for them and is oblivious to consequences.

If you were to ask a child, " would you rather spend your money on better education, or would you rather spend it on video games?", he/she would probably pick the latter because he/she lacks the knowledge and mentality for proper decision making.