Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I optimize Octavia Metronome?

Torrempesta

Question

Let me explain: you have to """dance""" on time with the rhythm right?

Ok, nice... the problem is that Warframe is kinda a chaotic game, with a lot of sounds and, you know, a bit distracting if you have to face 25 enemies at once.

So, in order to gain the majority of buffs from Metronome, and avoiding his "randomness" caused by, again, other distractions and, you know, LAG, what should I do?

1) make the rhythm slow and easy to catch?

2) full all the "notes" in the Manachord so it's impossible to mistake it (but causing headaches everywhere I go)?

Beacause, in case 2, I guess that crouching, jumping, shooting and hitting randomly will always grant a buff, it would be like trying to hit a target so big that's impossible to miss.

In the end: suggestions?

Edited by Torrempesta

12 answers to this question

The music itself doesn't really matter. A faster beat will give less buff charge each time you hit a note; a slower beat will give more. And no, filling every note won't guarantee that you hit a note with every action.

Basically, just make music that you think sounds nice. :smile:

Edited by Brachion

2 minutes ago, Brachion said:

The music itself doesn't really matter. A faster beat will give less buff charge each time you hit a note; a slower beat will give more. And no, filling every note won't guarantee that you hit a note with every action.

Basically, just make music that you think sounds nice. :smile:

I feared an answer like this... Basically we have a WF whose abilities are stupidly random and at the same time boring as hell.

No really, I just throw my 1, my 2, activate 3 and 4 and go around shooting as always...

I regret spending a gold potato on her... :sadcry:

5 minutes ago, Torrempesta said:

I feared an answer like this... Basically we have a WF whose abilities are stupidly random and at the same time boring as hell.

No really, I just throw my 1, my 2, activate 3 and 4 and go around shooting as always...

I regret spending a gold potato on her... :sadcry:

Do not regret it my friend as her 4 is one of the best damage buffs.

On a sidenote, just fill a line completely and spam m1, e and ctrl and youll get buffs.

or find someone with Darude - Sandstorm

at least, i won't be clunky, the beats are fast and you won't annoy the party just because you created an "randomly optimized" music

if you find an music that fill almost all lines, you have more chances to hit, and the misses have reduced penalty than an slower music

Edited by Zeyez

Filling every note will guarantee you getting the buffs,  that's what I did and I proc invisibility without even trying.  The other buffs too though I only know about them because of all the buff icons on my top right. If I'm trying to proc a buff I'll spam the required action for two seconds and generally get it.  He invis lasts like 40 seconds,  longest duration in the game I think.

35 minutes ago, Torrempesta said:

So it works... if I fill a line i will have more chances of getting a buff?

You can mute your own music.

This is what i use

1zmknyq.jpg

You can make it different by just making a flat line it doesnt matter, the only thing you have to keep in mind that it sounds terrible so mute it with the volume mixer.

Oh and to mash the buttons not just keep them held.

I watch an aggp video about this so quote him on what im about to post.

The % amount you get per "dance" increases as the space between note the next increases.  3 spaces gives you 76% percent which is the highest you can get per note.  This means that hitting 2 notes out of 3 notes arranged with 3 spaces in between will grant you the buff.

In the mandachord, it is recommended to put a slow beat(more spaces) in 1 & 3 rotation and a faster beat(less or no spaces) in 2 & 4 for the melody.  That way, if you missed a note in the 1st chord you can easily compensate with the 2nd chord's faster beat.

Now implementing that process whilst having a good music.. That is your job :D

Personal Tip: I find that humming your melody in your head when it plays helps alot in hitting the notes.  So you can focus on looking at the enemy and have your fingers move with your humming.

Edited by Coldie93

I watch an aggp video about this so quote him on what im about to post.

The % amount you get per "dance" increases as the space between note the next increases.  3 spaces gives you 76% percent which is the highest you can get per note.  This means that hitting 2 notes out of 3 notes arranged with 3 spaces in between will grant you the buff.

In the mandachord, it is recommended to put a slow beat(more spaces) in 1 & 3 rotation and a faster beat(less or no spaces) in 2 & 4 for the melody.  That way, if you missed a note in the 1st chord you can easily compensate with the 2nd chord's faster beat.

Does anyone have any source with a bit of quantitative information on this? Also regarding the other abilities? I mean, I will most certainly use a song, I won't HATE after hearing it 2-3 times. But  still: I'd like to now, if  my particular 'composition' by any chance minimises the effectiveness of  any of my abilities (by, for instance making mallet's AoE way too small).