Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

trade problems

ScoutingJ

Question

right i have many questions so i'll make a list:

1: why do people open a trade with you, then leave without saying anything

2: why do people ask if you have things you arn't selling? i say i'm selling helios prime blueprints and some guy asks if i have a paris prime set

3: WHY DOES NO ONE BUY ANYTHING? I'LL SIT THERE FOR HOURS AND NOBODY EVEN GIVES ME THE TIME OF DAY

sorry about that last one. i just needed to vent

22 answers to this question

1. They found a better (cheaper for them) deal/Had to leave abruptly/They just were unpleasant.

2. Maybe they wanted to buy something else off you as well, or they had the wrong chat/newer player asking around for parts they want and are unfamiliar with trade etiquette.

3. Gotta be proactive in some scenarios. If people aren't openly wanting to buy your goods, put up some things and maybe somebody will bite. If you are and nobody is biting, maybe you just don't have something somebody needs at that point in time.

That's how I see it.

1. Possibly had a better offer? Rude not to get back to you, but people are rude.

2. No idea, but as well as being rude people are stupid too.

3. Sell to people buying instead of hoping to sell your wares that no one wants. I'd probably only try to sell rare stuff but then you don't have to wait that long for a WTB for rare stuff anyway. If it ain't rare then it's probably better turning it into ducats.

1 i don't know the "price" of items

2 20p for a warframe part is not overpriced (as far as i can tell)

3 i'm kind of in a jam right now, i'm not getiing rare items from meso relics (and when i do i use them for myself) and i can't find any relics more rare then that (i'm on saturn BTW)

1. They might get a disconnect or changed their mind about the trade , or you don`t have the credit tax for that primed mod, depends.

2. dont know. 

3. Depends on what you are selling and the price. If you sell something worthless ( from a trading perspective ) of course no one will buy. Or if you ask more then it`s worth, same thing. Most of the times if you wanna make platinum you need to sell some rare stuff or things that players are looking for or interested in. I have tons of stuff that will never sell on trade chat , even if I spend all day trying to.

@ScoutingJ check warframe.market (hope its ok if i put this link here)

Edited by -QueBorn-

5 minutes ago, ScoutingJ said:

3 i'm kind of in a jam right now, i'm not getiing rare items from meso relics (and when i do i use them for myself) and i can't find any relics more rare then that (i'm on saturn BTW)

1. Well, there's patterns on that. Worst case scenario, ask around. There's plenty of people that have a grip on basic pricing that would help if you asked.

2. Honestly depends on the Warframe and which part it is. You'd be better off selling mods if you want chump change like that though.

3. Doesn't matter which era they're from, they all have a part part in them. Keep running them, maybe grab some friends and run different refines (Never go full radiant).

10 minutes ago, ScoutingJ said:

1. Have a gander at Warframe.Market website to get an idea of the price of an item. But it's just an idea. It's not set in stone or anything but you'll more likely sell something around the price found on that site. If you want to sell quick, sell cheap.

2. Unless the part is rare or vaulted, that's overpriced. You can buy a heck of a lot of the prime warframe sets for 40p and that'll include a rare part. Lex and Paris sets tend to sell for around 10-15p, and Paris is 4 parts.

3. You really have to refine your relics for a better chance at a rare drop. To get more relics, see if you can get a taxi to Hieracon on Pluto.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

3 minutes ago, ScoutingJ said:

it's not the chance of getting the item it's the items themselves take helios prime for example. you can pick up the main blueprint and the systems but i have NEVER found a relic with any other part avalible

It's other parts are in Neo and Axi relics. Carapace a common drop in Neo N5. Cerebrum a rare drop in Axi H1.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo
Not sure Helios has a gender

22 minutes ago, ScoutingJ said:

right i have many questions so i'll make a list:

1: why do people open a trade with you, then leave without saying anything

2: why do people ask if you have things you arn't selling? i say i'm selling helios prime blueprints and some guy asks if i have a paris prime set

3: WHY DOES NO ONE BUY ANYTHING? I'LL SIT THERE FOR HOURS AND NOBODY EVEN GIVES ME THE TIME OF DAY

sorry about that last one. i just needed to vent

1. Because it gets crowded at Maroo and people accidentally click on the wrong person. 

2. Because common items are common and lazy people don't feel like typing in trade chat, so they just bother the first person they see. 

3. Because the system is broken and a better way needs to happen, or because your prices are higher than what newer players (which are the majority of the Maroo's visitors) are willing to pay. 

u really need lot patience in trade and u never know sometimes u will get 20p sometimes.. 500p  i rember one of my first trades i maxed 3  corrupted mod rank 10.. where are they been 600p each.. i wake up log in in game  my first post to wish to sell all 3 maxed mod guy invate me.. and bough all 3 for me he was not even try to haggle..and boom 1800p in sec..  just farm... collect rare stuff..and be in trade.. there is alwayes someone who will wish x item

Edited by ashrah

Its a market so it is always chaotic. As a new player the trade chat was quite intimidating at first. I am guilty of leaving the chat as I was not sure what to do. My first trade was for Trinity Prime at MR3 and the guy brought me to Akkad as I didn't have enough credits for trade tax which is really doing a lot for a new player. I put up WTB Narrow Minded for 20p and suddenly I get like 6 messages. I cant respond to all at once.

Also pricing it right is so important. I will see someone spamming every 2mins Selling a Rhino Prime for 1k. They can spam for 2 hours straight and no one will buy it from them.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

3. Doesn't matter which era they're from, they all have a part part in them. Keep running them, maybe grab some friends and run different refines (Never go full radiant).

Um...why not?  Is there something I missed?

19 hours ago, ScoutingJ said:

that's my point. i can't find any and i can''t sell sets without all the parts now can i?

You don't need full sets to sell parts that people need, but the likelihood of selling common parts is pretty low.  To get Neo and Axi relics you'll have to do higher tier missions.  Xini on Eris gets you Neo on Rot A and Axi on Rot B and C, for instance.  If you aren't there yet, you'll need to find a taxi or continue to progress through the star chart.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Um...why not?  Is there something I missed?

Full rad basically guarantees failure, as the rare drop will next to never drop. They reworked the system due to the ease of Rare Drops.

There is a system to the relic refinement, and that system essentially dictates have no more than 1 or 2 (Usually 1) Radiant.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Full rad basically guarantees failure, as the rare drop will next to never drop. They reworked the system due to the ease of Rare Drops.

There is a system to the relic refinement, and that system essentially dictates have no more than 1 or 2 (Usually 1) Radiant.

Based on what exactly?  When you make your relic radiant, it is supposed to increase the chance of getting the rare piece.  If all 4 people do that, then all 4 people have the best chance of getting the rare piece.  I've not seen anything about them reworking the system to actually lower chances the more radiant relics are present nor does it fit with my experiences.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

Based on what exactly?  When you make your relic radiant, it is supposed to increase the chance of getting the rare piece.  If all 4 people do that, then all 4 people have the best chance of getting the rare piece.  I've not seen anything about them reworking the system to actually lower chances the more radiant relics are present nor does it fit with my experiences.

I remember it coming up it patch notes a while after its implementation (relic system). Apparently using 4 Radiant gave it too high of a chance, so they had reworked the system a bit so it was a bit more grindy (if that makes sense? I'm probably not explaining it right). In my experiences, and with many that I have seen and heard about, it fits pretty well.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I remember it coming up it patch notes a while after its implementation (relic system). Apparently using 4 Radiant gave it too high of a chance, so they had reworked the system a bit so it was a bit more grindy (if that makes sense? I'm probably not explaining it right). In my experiences, and with many that I have seen and heard about, it fits pretty well.

I just went through all the Xbox One patch notes since SotR and did a search for "relic" and found nothing to support this.