Does this Riven even worth anything ?

Jibrael

Question

11 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Personal opinion incoming in 3

Reveal hidden contents

Rivens, in general, are worthless.

i keep hearing this argument that rivens are worthless but i don't understand? please explain, or direct me to a thread that has explained already.

4 minutes ago, Wrum said:

i keep hearing this argument that rivens are worthless but i don't understand? please explain, or direct me to a thread that has explained already.

That is just my opinion, mind you. To me, they add nothing to the game. With the current damage/elemental mods that exist in the game, it is very easy to clear all missions across the starchart and sorties. I see no other purpose behind them aside from them being a cash-grab. 

Others may certainly disagree. But again, I personally see no reason for their existence.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

That is just my opinion, mind you. To me, they add nothing to the game. With the current damage/elemental mods that exist in the game, it is very easy to clear all missions across the starchart and sorties. I see no other purpose behind them aside from them being a cash-grab. 

Others may certainly disagree. But again, I personally see no reason for their existence.

To some extent I share that opinion, although I do like that a good riven can elevate some mid-tier weapons into usable-tier for missions like raids and sorties.  It gives us some more variety in what we can bring to those missions instead of always bringing the meta, top-tier stuff.

ok true their not adding anything to weapons like Tprime that people usually take into end game but I can see them turning weapons that normally wouldn't make the end game cut viable. i have a torrid riven that adds 100% toxin and 100% damage. i don't see torrid in sorties but i could see this riven making people use it.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

To some extent I share that opinion, although I do like that a good riven can elevate some mid-tier weapons into usable-tier for missions like raids and sorties.  It gives us some more variety in what we can bring to those missions instead of always bringing the meta, top-tier stuff.

1 minute ago, Wrum said:

ok true their not adding anything to weapons like Tprime that people usually take into end game but I can see them turning weapons that normally wouldn't make the end game cut viable. i have a torrid riven that adds 100% toxin and 100% damage. i don't see torrid in sorties but i could see this riven making people use it.

I understand both these arguments. But a single mod and sacrifices to RNGsus (or spending an obscene amount of plat) shouldn't be the way to do this. Why not just buff these low/mid-tier weapons a bit to make them, at least in competent hands, remotely viable; similar to what is beginning to occur as per this thread:

Just some thoughts.

9 minutes ago, Wrum said:

Actually, people do bring the Torid to sorties.  @Voidforged does a series of videos on Youtube of soloing the third mission in the sorties (daily) and uses that weapon from time to time, for example.  I'm thinking of starting to use it as well for JV now that the Tonkor will start dealing self damage as soon as we get that update on console (it was the only time I actually used the Tonkor).

7 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I understand both these arguments. But a single mod and sacrifices to RNGsus (or spending an obscene amount of plat) shouldn't be the way to do this. Why not just buff these low/mid-tier weapons a bit to make them, at least in competent hands, remotely viable; similar to what is beginning to occur as per this thread:

Again, I agree.  I've tired of the riven merry-go-round that is endlessly re-rolling these mods hoping for something great.  Now, I usually roll until I hit the Kuva cap and take the best roll from that.  If it's good enough, then that weapon will get some playtime that it wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I see no other purpose behind them aside from them being a cash-grab. 

Rivens are a time sink with their layer upon layer of endless RNG.  DE did a brilliant job with them in giving players a near endless task but at the same time not messing with the balance of the game.  My tigris riven is next to useless and doesn't make that top tier weapon any better but my sobek riven is stellar and really puts it a lot closer to the tigris in power level.

And best of all if you don't like the system and it's time wasting RNG nature then you just ignore it and nothing changed one bit for you.

In terms of selling on the trade chat, personally I'd say no for as most buyers are looking for straight up damage/elemental damage, critical chance or damage, and status for weapons you use in actual combat. They are the most common attributes in a high selling Riven mod. But if you decide on using this, expect to use a lot of formas for as the akvasto itself is mediocre. The Deth Machine Riven is ok but chances are your'e going to find yourself using your kubrow or kavat more often if you have one. Generally those companions are a lot better than sentinels (in most cases).