Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... that Ember Deluxe... was it cancelled?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

I remember hearing about some fuzz with a regular Deluxe skin concept artist because DE's artists made some conflicting changes to his Ember Deluxe concept, and last I heard the guy said he wouldn't make Deluxe skins anymore, and DE wouldn't be making the Ember Deluxe he designed.

Is this still where it's at, or has something changed since then that I haven't heard about? Because I've noticed some people still talking about the Ember Deluxe like they're expecting it to be in the works.

I believe this is the one:

EmberDeluxeFinal02_Revised.jpg

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

6 answers to this question

Neither DE nor the artist, IgnusDei, ever said the Ember deluxe skin wasn't going to be released. The circumstances of his departure were somewhat messy, but all the concepts he did for DE are owned by them and will probably still be used in the game.

2 minutes ago, Brachion said:

Neither DE nor the artist, IgnusDei, ever said the Ember deluxe skin wasn't going to be released. The circumstances of his departure were somewhat messy, but all the concepts he did for DE are owned by them and will probably still be used in the game.

Really? One would think that the very reason for the sad dispute would be kept out of the game, but maybe the artist would be fine with that regardless.

Would be nice if someone at DE could clear this up real quick. Maybe try asking on twitter?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

56 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Really? One would think that the very reason for the sad dispute would be kept out of the game, but maybe the artist would be fine with that regardless.

Would be nice if someone at DE could clear this up real quick. Maybe try asking on twitter?

It's just standard contracted freelance business really, he designed it for them under contract and they payed him for it. Them splitting up only means he won't be designing more for them, everything else is already a done deal.

Edited by rapt0rman