Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help! Is there a way i can decrease loading times to get into mission?

Rioma

Question

My loading times to get into missions are disgusting sometimes. I used to get into missions relatively quickly but now sometimes it takes me like 2 minutes. Also when I'm leaving the mission and coming back to my ship my loading times are long. Idk if it is just getting worse as the game gets more updates or it's something on my end? This sucks especially when I'm doing LoR or JV raids. Just today my team in LoR had already got the bomb and started hacking consoles for the first injector before i loaded in! 

What things influence how fast I load into missions?

Can i improve my loading times somehow?

Can ship decorations be making it harder on me somehow?

3 answers to this question

Beyond running a file check on the Warframe loader there are several tweaks to improve load time and some to improve performance overall.

I assume you don't have an SSD....

Defrag Hard drive.

Disable background processes while playing (Anti-Virus and other unnecessary programs)

Set your OS page file min/max to twice the amount of your physical memory.

Keep at least 20% of free space on your hard drive.

If you have a partition table, you can find the outer platter partition and play Warframe from there, though the effect is very minimal.

As mentioned, in a multiplayer game the host and your connection strongly influence load times. An SSD does nothing to help this and in fact I run Warframe on a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 which is one of the fastest SSD on the market and all it does for me is make me wait for other players to load. Even when you play solo there is a handshaking process between you and the server. It's usually brief but if you're having network problems it could turn into quite a wait.

To answer your questions. Textures usually take up most of your load times and yes ship decorations technically could since they're additional texture/meshes to load but I seriously doubt it would be noticeable.

Edited by Xzorn

Click the little gear icon in the top-right corner of the game's launcher.   Under the area labeled Download Cache, click "Optimize".   Wait and hope.

If you used to have good load times and don't anymore, also look for anything else that's trying to use the disk a lot while you're in load screens.  Downloading files on a fast connection or reading/writing a high bitrate video stream will keep your disk busy and slow down loading.

(Long load times getting into missions hosted by other people can also indicate poor network, but you say you also get long loads returning to ship too so that's out)

Something else.... are you running out of memory? If Warframe has to start hitting your pagefile then things are gonna get REALLY slow.  Check task manager and make sure that memory isn't 100% used.

Edited by Momaw

Upgrading your harddrive to an SSD could help as well if none of of the above does it.

Are any other games affective by unusual long loading times as well or just Warframe? Maybe new isntallation could help as well