Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Materials/credits From The Platinum Shop.

Ryald

Yes, because him paying doesn't affect you in anyway.

It affects the game, it affects everything. Of course it affects me.

Do you think the drop-rates etc are not ballanced around the fact that you can buy things?

Use your head instead of your feels.

You can't buy mastery levels. and clan tech is really the only reason you'd bother to buy mats. So I'd say it's fine, not everyone has the time to grind for mats especially when you're working 60+ hours a week.

So i'd say it's fine. i'd rather have geared teammates than ungeared teammates after all~

This.

Whoever say that selling mats is the end of time,the p2p of warframe (there was a post this stupid around) is wrong as making love with a scorpion.

They cost less than the expensive warframes,and help a lot people without much time.I think it's still in the same direction as warframe as ever been :

Have time?Go farm!

Don't have time?Pay and skip the farming!

I think it's very fair and balance.Time IS money,after all.

No, no it is not. It is, however, heading towards 'pay to compete against people with more free time'. This is actually fairly simple logic;

If you can obtain the same things through play or money, then it is not pay to win.

If you cannot obtain things that are better through paying than you can through play, then it is not pay to win.

The only way this game could be considered pay to win is due to weapon/warframe slots, because those are the only (non-cosmetic) things in the game you must get through money.

im not saying it IS pay-2-win, but right now, as others have said, it's pay-4-convenience.... but as i have also said... its a steep slope towards it....

in co-op games, i dont feel the need to compete, so much as the need to survive than compete for kills and such. while this is a free-2-play game, for the hardcore free-2-play gamers, they probably dont need the extra slots and inv space. they probably will just buy and sell w/e it is they need and max it out for the mastery, and then remake it, and relevel it for their preferred/favorite. i've seen some players like that, im not going to judge. im just saying while the credit booster and affinity booster is valid in almost every game for in-game money and leveling purposes, things like getting materials for crafting on markets..... i dont know.....i have mixed feelings on it.

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

I find it disgusting to pay to not play the game.

I'm disgusted this concept even exists.

I'm disgusted that this concept is being accepted.

This is insane. People. Think about it.

You expend real life resources to not achieve something. Its like...arkham asylum levels of insane.

It must be harsh to see people who spend plats for forma/potatoes/frames instead of spending hours to get them :(

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

I find it disgusting to pay to not play the game.

I'm disgusted this concept even exists.

I'm disgusted that this concept is being accepted.

This is insane. People. Think about it.

You expend real life resources to not achieve something. Its like...arkham asylum levels of insane.

u wot m8

The Materials should have been buyable with credits, instead of platinum.

If you're a player with Credits to burn, you can buy a few extra materials to take the pain out of farming, especially since Void has no resource drops (unless they added them in U9).

They dump credits on you in loads with Void, why not use them to buy materials that you need?

IMO:

The 30P materials should be 30,000c, the 10P materials should be 10,000c.

That way, you can't buypass (lol. I typo'd that and then realized how awesome of a pun it is) a huge aspect of the game with platinum/RL$.

So, on one hand, DE massively ramps up the drop rates of key components, on the other, puts materials in the market for prices way above board, on the other hand, this game is turning P2W? Can't. It just got easier for free players to acquire those rare components. The shop is just an alternative - P4C - pay for convenience. The common materials are actually quite expensive - 30 Plat for 300 Plastids, anyone?

As for the credits: 90 Plat buys 30,000 Credits. Better buy a Void Key pack for 75 Plat, which will have at least 1 Tier III key. That pack alone is at least 100,000 Credits +mods, +xp, +prime parts. ;)

The entire shop model is "work in progress". DE will have to tweak these prices, and currently, the playerbase can form that process by voting with their Platinum. Every unit sold gives the prices credibility, every click not done takes it away. Such systems run for a while, metrics are collected, and then they are reworked.

Hang tight, Tenno.

This is a slathering heap of bull crap. I would give my points but some one will shoot it down with that lovely Chestnut "Its optional"

FREE TO PLAY THRIVES OFF FREE PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME.

Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can ever get. I would never EVER pick up this game back in closed beta if my FRIENDS never told me about this game. I like it and I enjoy it. DE could turn this game into a cash cow IN THEIR FAVOR really really really easy  Having mats for sale with plat costs is silly stupid and dumb. There is a complaint about players have 6-7 mill credits and nothing to spend it on. Sell mats for credits VIA a black market in the dojo or something jack up the prices on said mats to its 50,000 to 500,000 for RARE mats make the cost high but keep the player feeling he has a freedom to choose... Grind or throw all my useless money at this for stuff for my clan or I needs.

I honestly feel your "OPTIONAL" buy mats for plat is going to alienate yer player base. New players are going to join...If any of them are like me, when I join any Free to play game the first thing i look at is the market to give me a measure of the game. Nublets might look at this and think..."Well all this cool stuff... hmmmm... is this crafting materials? Nope.... I'm out..."  And just like that you lost some one that might give you their entire coffers in honest support. 

Here is where DE could of made it a huge cash cow. 90 plat= 1 mill credits.  Simple easy quick in game dosh that you could use for stater stuff. If you're new and in a clan then WOOO and off to the clan's "Black market" that sells ya mats for yer shiny bitz. 

Don't sit in your Ivory tower thinking this is a grand idea, or throw out things like "We need money to dev stuff" cuz yer player base is far higher than other F2P game out there and They seem to be doing far better at making their customers happy.

Edited by LunchBoxKilla

Despite the rather long and agitated post, he did raise a rather valid idea. Have a system for us to convert our obscene amount of credits into plats, and you'd have satisfied both the p2p and the f2p player base. One will continue supporting the game with cash that feeds the game developer in real life, the other keeps the community big and continuously growing. 

Edited by Rei_Ikari

Despite the rather long and agitated post, he did raise a rather valid idea. Have a system for us to convert our obscene amount of credits into plats, and you'd have satisfied both the p2p and the f2p player base. One will continue supporting the game with cash that feeds the game developer in real life, the other keeps the community big and continuously growing. 

by Plats did you mean Mats?

I agree 100% with the OP, this should be taken out of the Market... Everyone else makes good points, but if people have the money they do not have to farm and puts the people without money at a disadvantage. I do not like it at all...But thats only my opinion, I could ramble about this for days but that would be a giant paragraph, I just wanted to get straight to the point.

So, on one hand, DE massively ramps up the drop rates of key components, on the other, puts materials in the market for prices way above board, on the other hand, this game is turning P2W? Can't. It just got easier for free players to acquire those rare components. The shop is just an alternative - P4C - pay for convenience. The common materials are actually quite expensive - 30 Plat for 300 Plastids, anyone?

As for the credits: 90 Plat buys 30,000 Credits. Better buy a Void Key pack for 75 Plat, which will have at least 1 Tier III key. That pack alone is at least 100,000 Credits +mods, +xp, +prime parts. ;)

The entire shop model is "work in progress". DE will have to tweak these prices, and currently, the playerbase can form that process by voting with their Platinum. Every unit sold gives the prices credibility, every click not done takes it away. Such systems run for a while, metrics are collected, and then they are reworked.

Hang tight, Tenno.

I guess the issue with me is,, the rare mats, dont NEED to be as common as they are, except maybe the control mods, since you need 2-5 for research weapons, but you need many drops of everything else to build something (plastids, ferrite, ect).  DE could have made the rare mats a guarenteed drop from bosses, and that, imo would solve the issue for casual players, you didnt need to make every rare mat as common as polymer bundles or salvage.  Also releasing it at the same time as the mats in the cash shop is going to make people worry that DE is going to be changing the game in order to force more people to go into the cash shop.

Im fine with some bps being rare, heck i just got my vaubaun started on friday, and it took me, probably 40-50 raptor runs to get all of nova's pieces.

Edited by Vanroe

OP, tho I do kind of agree and disagree with you, mostly because I was hoping they was going to do materials cost in-game credits, not plat, it'd make more sense to do it as credits not plat, because plat would push people into thinking "Warframe = pay to win" 

Practically, i dont think it will have any problematic effect on the gameplay, although new users might find it a turn-off. Anyone who is slightly leveled can farm the mats easily enough that the prices arent worth the mats in a million years, and the credit prices? someone lost their brain or something.

Anyways, that said, i agree 100% with OP, not much more to say, its that simple.

So, bunch of people that confused material grinding with end-game content are butthurt now that materials can be bought?

First, let's see what this materials can be spent on:

1) Weapons and warframes. All warframes and all weapons except ClanTech are buyable via market with plat. Nothing changing here, really. For ClanTech time to research can not be bought and that's more than enough.

2) Building Dojo. So what? How does it affect gameplay that someone have more trees/rooms in Dojo than you?

What advantage it gives? All gameplay related stuff is in no way more powerful than what you get via grind. All you get is convenience: Instead of grinding for a weapon you like you play with that weapon.

Are you guys confused? Do you play this game to gather resources? Or to have fun being space ninja? So what if someone bought stuff? He can't buy stuff that you can't get and that's better than yours. Remember, if there is no payers there is no game. And in this game it's p4c, not p2w.

So, bunch of people that confused material grinding with end-game content are butthurt now that materials can be bought?

First, let's see what this materials can be spent on:

1) Weapons and warframes. All warframes and all weapons except ClanTech are buyable via market with plat. Nothing changing here, really. For ClanTech time to research can not be bought and that's more than enough.

2) Building Dojo. So what? How does it affect gameplay that someone have more trees/rooms in Dojo than you?

What advantage it gives? All gameplay related stuff is in no way more powerful than what you get via grind. All you get is convenience: Instead of grinding for a weapon you like you play with that weapon.

Are you guys confused? Do you play this game to gather resources? Or to have fun being space ninja? So what if someone bought stuff? He can't buy stuff that you can't get and that's better than yours. Remember, if there is no payers there is no game. And in this game it's p4c, not p2w.

You forget the idea that if DE wants money they could in a shady manner tweak drop rates to frustrate players into buying plat for mats. 

Its a tinhat theory but the idea of buying mats for plat leaves that door open for them to do things like that.

Edited by LunchBoxKilla

First off, I enjoy playing Warframe very much. I think it's an amazing work of art.

I also understand that those talented individuals working on Warframe need to be paid.

That said... I don't believe selling every single facet of the game for platinum is a good idea.

There is almost nothing you can't just buy with money now and it makes playing seem trivial.

Sure you might get a few people to buy the materials, but I think people are going to put less and less worth to actually playing the game, and we're going to get bored.

I don't think it's too late, you can still remove all the materials and credits from the platinum market and change the direction of the game away from swan diving off that pay-to-win cliff.

This is purely my opinion (obviously) and there is a chance I am the only one that feels this way.

If anyone else feels the same way or has any input, please speak up.

------------

Edit: I may be overreacting to the addition of materials/credits to the platinum market.

My mastery is at 8 right now and I have nearly every weapon in the game other than 2 remaining dojo weapons.

I work from home so I end up with some more free time than the average user and I farmed for every material, that was the hardest part. Seeing everything I just spend days on end working for get tossed up there all at once for plat was shocking to me, that's all.

I don't really feel that it's THAT unjust that they offer it. As some other posters have said, not everyone has the time/patience to grind as much as this game does.

HOWEVER! Since, before U9, bosses would often drop clan components (useless to those of us who don't care for the clan weps), rather than their assigned planetary rare materials (useful for everyone), it almost feels like DE is ignoring a glaring issue with their RNG and attempting to make money off of something that they don't know how/aren't willing to fix.

For instance, Neural Sensors are a very useful material. They are "most often dropped" by J3-Golem, according to the Warframe Wiki. However, in the days prior to Update 9, I found myself needing Neural Sensors rather badly (Helmets) so I set out to solo-farm Mr. Golem. In the 6-8 hour session I set aside for that, I killed Mr. Golem no less than 60 times and got 3 Neural Sensors...and 35 Mutagen Samples.

The drop rate for rare materials has long been an issue since the introduction of the clan materials because, as far as I can tell, the clan materials have a higher drop rate than the rare materials, even though they (used to) come in the same quantities.

Now that Update 9 is out, Mr. Golem has gotten some steroids (though not by much, compared to others. looking at you, Hyena), and is a bit harder to solo-farm. So now, if I decide that Mr. Golem is too hard for me to consistently farm by myself and my mates aren't around I can-well look at that! I can buy that Neural Sensor that I oh-so-desperately need for a measly 10 Platinum! And there are all these new helmets! Wow, I should just buy 160 Platinum and make my life easier so I'll have them when I get the BPs for those awesome helmets! (Yes, well aware you can buy the helmets outright but 75*16 is waaaay more than 160 so most people won't do that, speaking from a Joe Everyman POV here)

Rubedo is the same way. 10 Platinum for 300 of it and a simple Ember Helmet costs 500. It drops in quantites of 15 currently, and Sedna, the most common farm for the stuff, has jumped a massive amount of levels.

Notice, however, those clan materials aren't available in the cash shop, yet they've almost driven our rare material drops to extinction, assuming they will go back to prior to the ControlMod-NeuralSensor-Neurode-apolooza that U9 is currently giving us.

It just seems a little fishy that there's a huge difficulty increase and a cash-for-Mats in the same update.

It just seems a little fishy that there's a huge difficulty increase and a cash-for-Mats in the same update.

Better yet After 9.1 update i was getting still a ton upon ton of morphics.. I got nearly 200 of the buggers then 8 hours later and no update i get stuff that isn't morphics.. Something is not sitting right with me here... It just seems too... odd that I go from unending Morphic drops to BOOM look at all theses orikin cells and control mods! with out a single download/update notice.

*slips on tin hat*

I really think some one at DE could sit at a computer and just "tweak" drop rates and we'd all be none the wiser.

I will never accept RNG as a "LOL VALID reason". that would be like rolling the clock back 2000 years ago and saying gods caused lighting storms or you need to sacrifice a goat so your ship doesn't sink every time you set sail.

Edited by LunchBoxKilla

The problem here is ego and elitism.

An "elite player" will grind 100 hours for materials while a paying player will perhaps grind 10. However, what the paying player has already done is grind at their job. As a result, the only difference is that while the "elite" player gets things for free because of his investment in time, the paying player has to actually utilize part of his budget for entertainment to achive the same level in the game.

There is no achivement in either of these modes because this game is for all intents and purposes entertainment. It's pointless, you're actually wasting time playing it. Hell, you're actually wasting your lifes time reading this very reply instead of doing something funnier.

The only reason people are being upset about this is that their percieved achievement in the game is being hollowed out and put into stark contrast which is making it obvious that it's meaningless. Really, if you want to grow as a person, playing games is not the way to do so.

Also, I have to ask, what's the difference between grinding for mats and grinding for a Warframe? Before this update, a person could buy pretty much ALL the weapons and Warframes AND sentinels for real world money. This is no different in any way. Also, everyone seems to have conveniently forgotten that builds can be rushed of everything and that both money and exp boosters can be bought too. Oh and before I forget, how about those lovely revives being purchasable? This is just more of the same optional monetization and NOW you choose to cry foul over it?

Seriously "elite" players, stop identifying with gaming achivement and go out there and do something real instead.

Edited by Hap-muhr

Seriously "elite" players, stop identifying with gaming achivement and go out there and do something real instead.

And you've spend, what, $100 so far to get that Master title that I'm sure you're proud of? What does that show? Dedication? Dedication to a fictitious universe full of space ninjas? Dedication to the company that created those space ninjas? It's a little bigotist of you to come here and tell us to get lives when you spent enough to afford a hotel on a small vacation on a video game.

And you've spend, what, $100 so far to get that Master title that I'm sure you're proud of? What does that show? Dedication? Dedication to a fictitious universe full of space ninjas? Dedication to the company that created those space ninjas? It's a little bigotist of you to come here and tell us to get lives when you spent enough to afford a hotel on a small vacation on a video game.

If I am not mistaken it's butthurt OP ranting about how p4c devalues his personal illusional achievements. Silly.

It's a little bigotist of you to come here and tell us to get lives when you spent enough to afford a hotel on a small vacation on a video game.

Man, it's a rare hotel in Australia that will go for as little as $100.