Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4668 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

47 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

I think you had the wrong link on the first one, but I went and found it.  I don't say this very often, but yeah, it's too slow.  At 60 BPM, I could only fit half of one line of the chorus.

The other one works though.

Broken Bones (Kaleo): Mandachord (Original)

I gave it some thought, and I don't think I want to get into doing multiple peoples' requests rolled into one post.  If he wants some tunes then he can ask for them, or you can wait and ask just for him.

Yea I wish he'd just post. Well, tbf he's super sick atm and he's been dragging himself to the computer to help me farm polymer bundles and credits and that's about it, but he wasn't sick when I requested his tunes. I admit I am sad they didn't get done at least this one last time though, but I can always request them next time if he won't get on the forums himself! This is a guy that is so stubborn, he refused to use roll so he could get out of the rift, and was angry anytime he ended up in it. I can't remember why he finally started using roll, but it took awhile. >.<

BTW, smooth criminal sounds great, much better than the version I have.  (Which means I need to redo it, damn.) Broken Bones sounds great also, I'm still trying to figure out atm if I play better to sparse stuff or busy stuff. I have been switching music back and forth on my mandachord as a result.

I'd like to add, just copying stuff onto my mandachord is draining and exhausting. Ugh, maybe if you reeeally love music and figuring this stuff out, but I feel like this can't be that fun.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

On 4/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, TcStrikerS said:

Can you do one of these two songs ? 

which one and any loop is fine by me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Su4hy5QQOY  or  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWEGMBq6EBE

Thanks in advance !

Man what is it with all the songs that are exactly the wrong tempo today.  For yours I had to go with "too slow".

The Void (Astebreed/アスタブリード): Mandachord (Original)

25 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Man what is it with all the songs that are exactly the wrong tempo today.  For yours I had to go with "too slow".

The Void (Astebreed/アスタブリード): Mandachord (Original)

Man... this is great too lol somehow its feel refreshing instead xD

Thanks you!

btw do you think you can do an another song ? i know that i must wait for a week but just asking is fine right ?

Edited by TcStrikerS

52 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Not sure if you have a good ear or are just lucky, but I can do the beginning of that perfectly.

Just Breathe (Rival & Cadmium): Mandachord (Original)

I'm just lucky and have absolutely zero sense in rhythm which is why I'm incredibly grateful I found this on the forum.  Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, OhYeahMrKrabsAAAAHHHH said:

If you can get around to it you, I'd like to request Karmotrine Dream (VA-11 HA11-A ost)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-G_E3iM9aI

Keep up the good work!

Well, I can do the top melody notes almost perfectly, but the harmony is a train wreck.  I also couldn't decide between too slow or too fast.  Which one do you prefer?

Too fast:

Kamotrine Dream (VA-11 HALL-A Prologue): Mandachord (Original)

Too slow:

Kamotrine Dream - slow (VA-11 HALL-A Prologue): Mandachord (Original)

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I'd like to add, just copying stuff onto my mandachord is draining and exhausting. Ugh, maybe if you reeeally love music and figuring this stuff out, but I feel like this can't be that fun.

Honestly, I spend 90% of my time on real piano/keyboard.  When I'm ready to actually enter something into the Mandachord I do it with the sound off, and about half the time it needs no further tweaking :)

18 hours ago, Cody1091 said:

Hello, your list of completed songs is incredibly impressive!

Ever since I've heard of the Mandachord mechanic, I've really wanted to do a song from one of my favorite childhood games, Legend of Dragoon. It's at least somewhat obscure, so I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it. I was thinking this theme 0:08 to 0:13 would probably be the simplest and most effective, but if 0:20 to 0:27 works out, that would be great. The percussion and bass seem identical in those two segments, with the second having the melody added, but that may just me being tone deaf.

Thank you very much for even taking the time to read this, regardless of it panning out or not.

It's not that great.

Battle Theme 1 (Legend of Dragoon): Mandachord (Original)

46 minutes ago, TcStrikerS said:

btw do you think you can do an another song ? i know that i must wait for a week but just asking is fine right ?

I think I might have to up the cool down for repeat requesters to two weeks minimum.  I've done 15 requests tonight and I haven't even gotten to YouTube comments yet.  

I don't relish the idea of having to enforce it, but right now this isn't a pace I can maintain.

32 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's not that great.

Battle Theme 1 (Legend of Dragoon): Mandachord (Original)

Thank you so much, You are a very talented person! I'll be sure to honor your wish of a two week cooldown period if I decide to request anything further. Thank you again, this is far more structured than anything I could hope to make with my current knowledge of music and the mandachord. Hope you have a great day/night.

Still going because I was genuinely curious how many had piled up in one weekend.  The answer: 22.

Moar:

The Beginning (Dancing Line): Mandachord (Original)

Hello (Phantasy Star Online 2, episode 3, Monique): Mandachord (Original)

Rosa (Grimes): Mandachord (Original)

Bad Boy (Red Velvet/레드벨벳): Mandachord (Original)

Flamingo (Kero Kero Bonito): Mandachord (Original)

Don't Worry/Skell flying theme (Xenoblade Chronicles X): Mandachord (Original)

Down Under (Men At Work): Mandachord (Original)

It's been a long while, but I got another dragonball request: Ultra Instinct Theme.  I saw one in that list, but it wasn't the U.I song i was thinking of.. maybe I missed it, did a ctrl+f search and that was all i saw for UI.  Anywho thanks again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX-iQi5qudU

(sorry if i got it wrong, still not sure about embed vs link).  

On 4/2/2018 at 9:34 PM, Buff00n said:

Probably would have preferred Epsilon melody, but made it all Druk for you.

Hail To The King (Avenged Sevenfold): Mandachord (Original)

i love it, but i wish there was some of that guitar solo in there. However, i understand we're limited to 16 and that sounds like it requires much more. Awesome job as always though.

Okay, I am finally here to request a Mandachord song. Can you do Blood of Angels by Brown Bird? I think this is my second legit request and the other was ages ago and done for me.

Brown Bird - Blood of Angels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmneIEkQUeY

If for some reason that doesn't work (and it seems it should,) then

Brown Bird - Cast No Shadow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQlk9zgv-FQ

I hope giving you options if one or two don't work doesn't, in fact, make things harder. :/

On 4/3/2018 at 3:50 PM, (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito said:

It's been a long while, but I got another dragonball request: Ultra Instinct Theme.  I saw one in that list, but it wasn't the U.I song i was thinking of.. maybe I missed it, did a ctrl+f search and that was all i saw for UI.  Anywho thanks again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX-iQi5qudU

(sorry if i got it wrong, still not sure about embed vs link).  

Yeah, the one got requested multiple times was a fan remix of the footage with a completely different song.  

Unfortunately, I can't fit anything from the original soundtrack without ruining it.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, Vulhaaltuz said:

Would you be able to do "Bridge of Fate" from The Great Wall OST? You don't need to try to do the lyrics, but it would be appreciated.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPtKfG30Flg

Bridge Of Fate (The Great Wall, Ramin Djwadi): Mandachord (Original)

On 4/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, Vulhaaltuz said:

Also, curiosity killing the cat....... what is the "weirdest" request that you have gotten?

If I had to pick the weirdest request that actually resulted in a song being made, I think I'd have to give it to this one.

Poziomkowe mydełko (Rozpu): Mandachord (Original)