Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4719 Mandachord requests fulfilled (rounds on Wednesdays)

Buff00n

Question

8 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

If at all possible, I've been trying to get one of the two more techno songs produced by "Saints Row 4's Dubstep Gun" but can't get it to sound right. Care to take a crack at it?

Got a link and/or timestamps for the particular ones you're talking about?

8 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

got no ideas for songs, but how are the new instruments in your opinion? i've still to heard them , but are they good for some songs?

They're okay.  They aren't what anybody was asking for, but more variety is better.  

Both percussions are solid.  I'll probably use them a lot.

Epsilon bass is fairly mushy; you have to separate notes by about three spaces to prevent them interfering with each other.  It also has an interestingly weak attack; you sometimes have to place it one space before where you want it to actually sound to make it sound right.  Still, useful under the right conditions.

Epsilon Melody is fairly obnoxious.  I'll use it when the source material calls for something similarly obnoxious, like a saxophone.

Plogg Bass is pretty good.  It's like a tighter version of Gamma, but not as tight as Druk.  It's a nice alternative to Druk when it doesn't need to go super fast.

Plogg Melody is distinctive, for sure.  It doesn't sound like anything else, and really stands out in-game.  Unfortunately, most of the real world songs you hear with a clean guitar sound work terribly on the Mandachord because of the note limitation.  Still, it's a solid melody with a somewhat longer decay; I've already used it once.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:21 PM, Buff00n said:

Sorry, man.  I went through every one of those and couldn't find anything Mandachord-friendly.  There are a lot of nice, distinctive melodies but none of them are anywhere close to pentatonic.

-Sobs loudly- Best video game soundtrack ever man this sucks. I really looked forward to imagining taking down colossi while running around on warframe haha. Thanks for looking though!