Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag

LeBronasaurus

Question

8 answers to this question

Why only use the highest damage weapons if you can enjoy the non-meta ones as well? :tongue:

I think that Jat Kittag isn't necessarily worse than Fragor prime. They're just different. JKitty has better attack speed, range and status chance which are increased significantly by corresponding mods (while modding Fragor with these is less effective). +Vulcan Blitz scales with enemy max hp.

If you enjoy hard hitting long range melees then you should like this one. Sending enemies into oblivion, making them explode in your favorite colors, all these beautiful sparks! If you mod this weapon properly then you won;t regret potatoing/formaing it :smile: 

I have to say, while I have not compared them back to back with the same Mods, the Jat kittag is in my option as good as having a War in your inventory. 

An while War has better Crit-chance, the Jat is a little faster and it has a Good slam attack, that is good to have as a form of Crowd-control. 

I say, make sure to add a Fury or if you have it, the Prime Fury to one of the slots to get some good DPS going. 

also the Jat is a good anti-Corpus weapon, as impact damage is a good way to whittle down their shields. Adding the Magnetic element to the mix will greatly add to the removal of shields   

also the jat has a Naramon slot to start with, so if you have a Primed_Heavy_Trauma or a Collision_Force, you can boost you damage pretty high right from the start.

and their is a Madurai slot as well, which is good if you want to add a rank 5 Pressure Point on it.

So if you have a Jat with a Potato, you can add a rank 8 primed Heavy trauma or a ranked 4 Collision Force along with the Pressure point right at the start, giving you between 526.240 to 578.864 impact damage. not a bad start for a weapon that has no ranks on it yet. (thanks do to part to the new MR system)  

6 hours ago, Raniu said:

Why only use the highest damage weapons if you can enjoy the non-meta ones as well? :tongue:

I think that Jat Kittag isn't necessarily worse than Fragor prime. They're just different. JKitty has better attack speed, range and status chance which are increased significantly by corresponding mods (while modding Fragor with these is less effective). +Vulcan Blitz scales with enemy max hp.

If you enjoy hard hitting long range melees then you should like this one. Sending enemies into oblivion, making them explode in your favorite colors, all these beautiful sparks! If you mod this weapon properly then you won;t regret potatoing/formaing it :smile: 

What kind of build would you recommend for the Jkitty, then, might I ask?

Jat's weapon reach is incredibly high compared to most other weapons.

It's ability to hit twice the enemies as Fragor actually puts in on par with Fragor,Prime not under it. The two weapons actually have the same damage output in most situations. Fragor does twice the damage but hits half the enemies.

I personally still find Jat to be the best hammer. That being said Galantine Prime is just better in about every way.

Standard melee setup is Primed Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Drifting Contact, 90%x2, Organ Shatter, Berserk. Then your choice of Primed Reach, Maiming Strike, True Steel or the Jat special augment. Don't use Impact mods, or in general don't use IPS mods. They're 99% of the time not a good choice.

Just about every melee uses the same staple mods with one slot open. Sometimes you pick 60/60x2 with Weeping Wounds instead of 90% and sometimes you replace the elemental mods for a pure physical build on Slash + Status weapons but everything uses Pressure Point, Drifting Contact, Blood Rush, Berserk, Organ Shatter... Least for crit based weapons which is majority of melee.

Edited by Xzorn

58 minutes ago, Ditronus said:

What kind of build would you recommend for the Jkitty, then, might I ask?

I think that payers should build everything to make it comfortable for them to use personally. Although I don't recommend builds, I can say what mods I use :satisfied:

The build that I find comfortable features Crushing Ruin for the Shattered Village move, Berserker for the speed (no Fury because Berserker is a sufficient increase and I want to control my combos), Vulcan Blitz for the fireworks, Life Strike for the survivability and Primed Reach (never regular version - changes too little in any build for any weapon).