Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Caches

GlaciasTalonari

Question

Hi, I'm new to warframe and I'm just wondering because I have looked all over the map and I keep only finding 2 of the 3 yet the first time I did the mission, lvl 4-6 sabotage, I managed to find all 3 yet now I can't find the last and I've literally looked everywhere, it's not possible that there's only 2 out of 3 right? I just don't know why I can't find the 3rd one when I managed to do it so easily the first time

Edited by GlaciasTalonari

6 answers to this question

Go into Region chat, ask if anyone has a spare Thief's Wit (people do, it's an extremely common mod). Crates, Sculptures, Caches, all have the same icon. Have fun.

With the mod equipped, Crates, Sculptures, Resources Caches, etc will all be labeled on your minimap with a square-like shape, making them easy to find.

Edited by icecream011

There will always be 3 caches. Those are often hidden in places you wouldn't think of looking at.
A good place to continue if you've looked everywhere would be in big rooms, there's often hidden paths in the ceiling or under the floor.

If you own the mod "Thief wit" it'll also be slightly easier to figure out hidden rooms as item icons will appear on the map in invisible places.
Animal Instinct is a direct upgrade of this, it can be put on a sentinel or an animal so it won't use one of your precious warframe slot.

Believe you me, I know that feeling but alas, I'm (well, 99% because lol Bugframe) confident that there are always 3 Caches to find.

First off, if you're not using it already, Loot Radar (from Animal Instinct / Thief's Wit / Loot Detector) is a huge help.

Caches give off sounds that can help you tell when you're near one.

They can also be placed out of your way e.g. far above you so a bullet jump upwards in a high-ceiling tile
might reveal one on your map (Loot Radar has less vertical reach than horizontal).

Also, this:

A little note,  there is a clear and audible sound that can be followed when you are nearing a cache. 

Though it can be hard to hear, up until now it has been my best and most useful method, though my dear kubrow is helping sometimes by sniffing around with his "Thief Wit" equivalent.