Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advices for weapons

Liden2000

Question

Hello tennos ! I began to play the game not long ago and i really need some advices about what weapons i should level up or even keep for later (I'm almost rank 7 and still unfamiliar with a lot of stuff in the game).

I already leveled up Mk1 Braton, Braton, Boltor, Gorgon and Burston for the primaries,

Lato, Mk1 Kunai, Dex Furis, Magnus and Spira for the secondaries

and Mk1 Bo, Cronus, Dex Dakra, Fragor, Dual Zoren and Scindo for the melee.

I would really appreciate to have your opinions on what is worth keeping among those, what I sould sell, and what to buy next that could be good for the mid game that i'm going to approach soon. There are a lot of weapons in the game and i'm a bit lost to be honest ^^' I heard good things about Tonkor (it has been nerfed however so i don't know), Soma and that's quite it : all the rest i saw seems outdated. Little help here please ? :)                                                                                                                                 

9 answers to this question

I'd recommend getting a Lex for your secondary, great mini-sniper, and purchasable with credits from the market. Also a good idea to shoot for building the Tipedo, that requires the regular Kunai and Bo to build so that's four weapons to upgrade. The Tipedo can be used later to build another great polearm. Good idea to buy another Lato to make the Aklato too; same applies with the Lex for the Aklex.

For primaries... build what you can. Soma is great, Karak is pretty good, and the Harpak kicks butt since it was buffed a bit.

You can sell off the MK-1s for credits and space for building better stuff. Its good to keep the others around until you have a need to replace them.

like mtv said, if you have dex sybaris, I would focus on modding that, because it is a very good primary. when it first came out, I used it almost exclusively for about a month, just because it's so good/versatile. In the event that you DON'T have dex sybaris, you can replace it with either the grinlok (it's both a crit and a status weapon, once you get the syndicate augment for it) or the regular sybaris(which is slightly worse than the dex sybaris, but still a solid weapon).

some other good weapons to throw out there are the Paris prime(it's really cheap on the market, and its parts can be farmed almost entirely from lith or meso relics iirc), sobek(though it takes a lot of work and modding to make it good), zhuge(it's sort of like boltor), and dread. Dread is technically better than paris prime, but by a small margin, and it's fairly easy to get, but I'd put it at slightly harder than paris prime.

If you liked how braton felt, I would recommend trying to build braton prime. It's not the best weapon, but it works well in most of the star-chart missions. 

I'd keep boltor, because it's a fairly good weapon, but again, if you don't like the way it handles then there's better choices out there.

As for secondaries... well, there's still only a few secondaries that I like: akstilettos(prime), twin rogga, dual toxocyst, and talons. The first two would be hard to access as a new player, but you could possibly get the last two early on. Personally, I spent a lot of time using a Kulstar, but eventually I migrated to using the above weapons.

As for melees... I'd probably use either single or dual swords. Once you get mods, almost any melee can be usable(especially if you're taking advantage of finisher attacks), but for now, those weapons should take you pretty far. I'd recommend completing the second dream pretty fast, because one of the quest rewards is a single sword called war (edit: broken-war). It is a brute. Also it's a great quest, but /shrug.

Also, once you get the platinum to buy extra warframe and weapon slots, experiment! there's a ton of weapons that are really fun to use, but aren't top-tier. Who knows, you might even find a weapon that you want to take the time to MAKE good, through tons of forma. I did that with the Sobek shotgun.

Edited by redeyedtreefrog

Hey thank you ashrah, Animaye and redeyedtreefrog for all your quick replies it helped me a lot ! No unfortunately i don't have dex sybaris (i missed the final quest of the event :/ )

Also i wanted to know if i should invest into some formas and potatoes for these ? It's kind of the way to further upgrade the weapons right ? or should I keep them for the primed version ?

Oh and also concerning the syndicates : i chose to begin with Sephalon and Hexis was it an ok choice ? I know there is a lot of stuff to get with the syndicates but i saw there are requirements like formas and everything to rank up ! Will these come easier in the late game stuff ? beacause currently it seems impossible for me to get XD

Again thank you for all your advices ! If there are more weapons you would recommend me to get please go ahead :)

Well, concerning forma and potatoes, I wouldn't waste them on weapons such as the (non-primed) braton, burston, paris, etc. Gorgon, dex dakra, and maybe even spira (I hear spira prime is only marginally better than the normal version) could probably turn into good weapons with the investment of a few forma, as well.

Generally speaking, I usually will only forma a weapon or warframe if I really like the way it handles. In my experience, if you don't like the way it feels as you're levelling it up from 1-30, you probably still won't like it after 5 forma and a potato. But if you DO like the way a certain weapon feels, I would strongly encourage putting some forma and a potato into it.

Concerning syndicates, it's hard to choose wrong tbh. Considering you can trade with other players for the other syndicates' rewards, it really comes down to personal preference. In my opinion, cephalon suda has the coolest sigils, so you've got that going for you, though I personally dislike that syndicate's weapons. (The synoid simulor is, apparently, still an OK weapon even after its nerf--it's just not for me). The arbiters of hexis will give you the telos boltor/o/ace, all fairly good weapons. 

It's also possible to be allied with steel meridian, in order to gains tanding with 3 syndicates. Steel meridian has some pretty good weapons too, like the vaykor hek and the vaykor marelok.

The rank-up requirements do come slightly easier in later on, as well, but it's always a trade-off. I know I spent months at my syndicate rank cap, because the sacrifice requirements were an orokin reactor or catalyst(the yellow one, I forget which :P)... And it was a trade-off between bettering another of my frames, or bettering my syndicate rep. And the frames always won xD. Of course, now I've got a few catalysts and reactors to spare.

@Liden2000 Forma become much easier to get later on. They will come to you naturally as you start building prime items, you'll find that you already have the primes for the open relics so you can choose the forma blueprint without feeling like you lost out on collecting a new part.

Cephalon Suda and Hexis is a good choice. Once you are done with them its pretty easy to get up with the Steel Meridian too. The cost of ranking up becomes a bit worse over time but not to a significant degree with one possible exception I'll cover. There is no objectively wrong answer for faction choice, as you will eventually be earning plat via trade (or by throwing DE some cash during sales) and you can obtain all the the important stuff from the other factions via trade.

The exception to the rule of a moderately easy syndicate ranking comes in the form of the final prime that has to be offered. For the time being some expensive frames exist on these tables. I know my wife's account has to sacrifice a Vauban prime head, that has an absurd nitain price for anyone new to the game. With time it will rotate out and a normal prime head will be required.

My final recommendation is to do the alerts, particularly for Nitain, and the Friday Gift of the Lotus alerts. You can get potatoes from those if you are patient enough, otherwise they are very reasonably priced in the market, and 2-3 prime part trades can net you one. Overall, take your time, it's not a race to the end, there is no endgame just slightly harder missions.

Have fun out there!

OK so no potatoes or formas on regular weapons or if i don't like them, got it. Yeah i think i will start to get into the relic stuff soon so i can begin to get these prime parts and forma blueprints ! Thanks for your answers you guys helped me a lot ^^ And yeah i will keep an eye out for those alerts Animaye !

Have fun too ^^