Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Damage Is Kind Of Rediculous.

Paradox13

I've run through the Raptor assassination for Nova parts and the only thing I've seen survive taking more than two direct hits from the Seeker missiles is a Iron skinned rhino and a linked trinity. pretty much anything else gets one or two shot even if not directly hit by the missiles or cannon fire. Snow Globe helps but it's a double edged sword because he can just fly into it and nuke everyone sitting inside. So far the only effective way I have been able to help minimize deaths for me and my team is using Loki Switch teleport and trap him in the middle room but even then his missile explosion AOE is ridiculous! I think a lot of peopl would be happy if either his damage was dropped slightly or if maybe his AOE is reduced slightly cause a lot of people have all together given up on running that mission and getting the AM BPs from the Raptor. Which in turn makes it harder to get because no one is trying to play that mission. My question to the community is do you agree that the damage/AOE needs to get a nerf?

Edited by Paradox13

1 Tank Rhino/Trinity would be the best Choice for him and the others Stay on Range, near a Wall or Container... and the boss is no Problem if u see a Missile coming to you wait till it is near and then go around the corner.... 

Srsly... this boss needs no nerf... Finally we get some... atleast a little bit harder Enemies... even if you can easily solo him >.>

Edited by Fatalityyy

He's fine as is, imo. I solo'ed him for all 3 parts with ash. Get inside the room, go stealth, pop outside and shoot away (despair worked great for me), hop back inside before stealth fades. At 66% and 33% he will shoot 10 seeker missiles and then regenerate his shield...just stay inside the room and they can't hit you...with this method I never took any damage and could kill at my leisure.

It forces me to:

a) camp behind stuff, taking pothots at him, eating some damage, then retreat till shields regen.

b) play one of the specific frames that can take him (semi) head on.

Cant really call him challenging, just godamn annoying.

They just released Raptor,expect nerfs and fixes soon. Also, to those who have potatoed and formad thier weapons and warframes, you're not helping. Boss difficulty should be measured by skill off the player who are going up agaisnt a boss and not by the mods in your weapons and frames.

He is supposed to be challenging and annoying, they might lower the damage a bit, A BIT, but I think he is fine if people enjoy the challenge, you just have to be carefull, he is a boss after all

Hmm this word is interesting. What's it supposed to mean?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/annoying?s=t

an·noy·ing[uh-noi-ing] Show IPA
adjective
causing annoyance; irritatingly bothersome: annoying delays.

an·noy[uh-noi] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1.to disturb or bother (a person) in a way that displeases, troubles, or slightly irritates.

2.to molest; harm.

Anyone who thinks it's good game design to have a boss that displeases you when playing a game is supposed to be a pleasurable experience should realize it pretty much isn't. Annoying enemies are bad enemies, full stop.

I like that it's hard. He's pretty easy if you bring in max ranked weapons and frames anyway. It's only hard if you're underleveled. Having it be a challenge is a plus in my book.

He's "easy" if you bring in the exact right combination of weapons and warframe to take him on because his 'difficulty' comes from a stupid amount of DPS and how while in his recovery phase he spews out about a million instant-kill missiles. That's not difficulty, that's annoyance. Annoyance is bad.

The instant-kill missile thing needs to be changed, either the missiles need to do way less damage or they need to be much slower and more visible.

Also, he could do with something resembling interesting behavior instead of "crap out mines, shoot instant death bullets". Deploy reinforcements? Summon moas and shield ospreys? Something interesting in normal combat.

Anyone who thinks it's good game design to have a boss that displeases you when playing a game is supposed to be a pleasurable experience should realize it pretty much isn't. Annoying enemies are bad enemies, full stop.

You want a challenge right? or is it too hard to think of a way to stop a flying saucer when you're a ninja with guns?

Edited by Dycraxis

Mag's bullet attractor blocks most of the weapons, just not the mines. It's not like he has a weak spot anyways. He could still use a tone down on his damage. Or at least on his accuracy.

Edited by BioCharge

You want a challenge right? or is it too hard to think of a way to stop a flying saucer when you're a ninja with guns?

Well, the current game design doesn't allow for much solutions other than shooting S#&$ until it's dead, so yeah... Wait a sec, did you even play the boss before you made that post?!

got all schems, wasnt hard. MAN UP

can I ask you how many times it took you to get them?

i've defeated him 20+ times already and I think he dropped a common mod once...

as for the difficulty, I agree, he isn't that hard, its just that today naamah has a nightmare mission on it, making it damn near impossible to farm him