Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which arcanes are worth the investment

(PSN)zainubimran

Question

5 answers to this question

Sadly the most expensive are so not simply because they're rare but because they're universally useful.

Energize is the most useful for majority of frames. You can even make your builds around it allowing you to free up a mod slot from Efficiency.

Grace is useful for any frames with a decent amount of eHP

After those two it becomes more specialized. In what's useful to you.

They're all worth the price for the most part. Except maybe Avenger which is a catch22 Arcane. When you actually want the crit added by it; Most frames can't afford to take hits in order to trigger it. You can use Traumatic Redirection but I kinda doubt it's going to make it past the Focus rework.

Energize - Because energy

Grace - Healing, GREAT for Inaros and Chroma

Avenger - Additive +30%* to crit chance, pairs very well with any weapon that has high crit damage

Pulse - Nekros' Bae (No, seriously. If you Nekros, get a set of this. Definitely worth it.)

Trickery - Good for any frame that can perform on-demand finishers, such as Ash, Ivara, Inaros, or Excalibur

Guardian - While the amount of armor leaves something to be desired, the concept pairs well enough with any high-armor TankFrame

Ultimatum - Pairs well with Inaros specifically, due to on-demand finishers, but suffers from same issue as Guardian (not enough of a bonus, in my opinion)

Strike - Squeeze a little extra attack speed out of your melee (though it could stand to give more)

Aegis - Good for shield-heavy frames. Before Amesha, this was the Arcane of choice for JV

Barrier - Also good for shield-heavy frames, but Aegis vs. Barrier is a bit of a debate. (Personally, I'd choose Aegis)

Victory - Poor Man's Grace, if you're good at headshots

*Additive as in it's added to your weapon's current, with-mods crit chance. A weapon with 30% crit chance after mods will become 60% while the arcane is active. 40% turns into 70%, 50% into 80%, etc. And 0% turns into 30%, allowing you to give crits to weapons that previously had none.

There are other arcanes that I could recommend, but due to the rather small bonuses they actually give, I wouldn't recommend trading for them.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Personal Favorites

Energize - on your favorite syandana for all frames to use, because every frame (even your squadmates) need energy.

Grace - on the helmet for Inaros or Nidus for enhanced survivability.

Pulse - on the helmet for Nekros because it synergizes with despoil-desecrate really well, makes Nekros an even better support frame.

Avenger - on the helmet for Trinity because she relies on her weapons to deal damage.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG