Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Increase

FrozenFist

Before U9 I have enjoyed the 60 hours that I put into Warframe, getting to a higher level with my Frame and Weapons, as well as farming resources for the BPs in the foundry. But no it seems like everything is at least 2x harder and not as enjoyable. Bosses such as Hyena that I would previously be farming for Control Modules, are now undefeatable even with a 4 person party. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but the difficulty increase ruins what was fun but is now frustrating. I hate trying to farm resources from bosses when everyone in my squad instantly gets downed, and those who don't can't do any damage because the bosses armour ratings have been increased. The Snipetron Vandal that I use with mods does 170 damage and not to mention another 15% freeze damage, I used to be able to one hit basic enemy's  and kill Vor with 5 shots to the head, now neither of these things are happening. I strongly dislike the difficulty increase and was fine with how it was before, I'm fine with a bit of tweaking but not making the Hyena levels 49-52. 

Thoughts Everyone?

Your mods are weak you need to upgrade them to more notches mate. Also when you find and add the new mods to the old mods if you gear them up your damage will go through the roof and make the game friendly and kinder and a lot more fun. 170 damage + 15% frost... You need to upgrade those mate in a hurry. Theres loads on the forums and Youtube to help you if you don't know how or blah blah.

Before U9 I have enjoyed the 60 hours that I put into Warframe, getting to a higher level with my Frame and Weapons, as well as farming resources for the BPs in the foundry. But no it seems like everything is at least 2x harder and not as enjoyable. Bosses such as Hyena that I would previously be farming for Control Modules, are now undefeatable even with a 4 person party. I know I'm exaggerating a bit, but the difficulty increase ruins what was fun but is now frustrating. I hate trying to farm resources from bosses when everyone in my squad instantly gets downed, and those who don't can't do any damage because the bosses armour ratings have been increased. The Snipetron Vandal that I use with mods does 170 damage and not to mention another 15% freeze damage, I used to be able to one hit basic enemy's  and kill Vor with 5 shots to the head, now neither of these things are happening. I strongly dislike the difficulty increase and was fine with how it was before, I'm fine with a bit of tweaking but not making the Hyena levels 49-52. 

Thoughts Everyone?

72 hours post-reset with unpotatoed Ash and potatoed Loki, probably the same setup like you (SV lv20 as main, Bolto lv12, Kogake lv24) - I have to say that this difficulty change make the game a lot more interesting. I can now die if I'm not careful (actually, got 1-shotted by Stalker a few missions ago during nightmare mission). I think players have to adjust their tactics from running blindly into a room and got slaughtered by large group of Grineer into more tactical gameplay. I found myself wishing for more enemy radar aura and playing Loki a lot more often. 

If I can clear nightmare mission lv 40 solo, so can you.

I'm not sure that the "real" newbies is going to be treated in this update with unranked frame and MK1 Braton. I may have to test it but I'm not entirely sure that my Mag will be finished in time before DE change the difficulty again, probably next week.  

You don't need to farm bosses for those 'rare' resources anymore. They upped the drop chance so much you can easily do normal missions for them. I got 6 control modules in one go on a Europa mission alert.

Don't count on it. It WILL get fixed because the drop tables have screwed up and salvage and ferrite are rarer than U8 morphics.

I dont see any dificulty increase in the game? but that might just be because i have too manny good mods on, ty uppgradin shield mods + dammage mods on you'r weapons, that might help

i doubt your statement will help OP.

try making a new account just to play the starting planet and post on the forum saying it's easy please.

You know, this game might just be starting to rely on mods too much instead of skill...

Part of the skill if knowing which mods to equip.  But, I know what you mean.  The higher level planets are impossible without mods no matter how amazing you are at dodging and wall running.

It did get harder, I feel like quitting because of the 6x Diffficulty increase, I can no longer Solo farm Tyl Regor or Vor

I'm starting to hate U9 insted of like it, it's not worth the wait

The idea of bosses scaling with your equipment ended up pretty messed up. Not being able to farm them though, that seems a bit exaggerated. They're more difficult now, but not any more so than most shooter game bosses.

Still, this was a change for the worse. Scaling the overall difficulty of the game was a good choice, now there's a reason for high end mods, but bosses should stay at the same level they always were.

I do agree, difficulty increased for many places because of enemy level scaling too much and enemy count increase.

I mainly play loki and I can do that missions, but I need to be invisible 95-100% of mission, so enemies wont shoot.

Before you say anything I am talking about neptune, hyena level with 345 shields and 300+ health and I do get downed quickly with just 4 enemies around, like 1-2 sec my shields and 1-2 sec my health. Its not fun that way.

I was fun earlier before difficulty decrease pre u8 and was fun after u8 after decrease, but its not now. You shoul do 1 of 2 either level scaling or quantity increase, but you do both.

Its not fun to go in invisibility the whole mission. I mostly melee and you DE broke it for me.

Bring it back to where it was.

Well my mods are all fine. I was able to play ONE way until the patch and now it's just stupid. I don't know half these posts on the forums that agree with this crap de did to their once good game seem like they are made by de people on alt accounts. I don't like any of the update really. After everything and all the promises and then this ... and the stupid clan stuff being rewarded more for people who want to go it alone is lame. That S#&$ is so freaking disappointing.

Well my mods are all fine. I was able to play ONE way until the patch and now it's just stupid. I don't know half these posts on the forums that agree with this crap de did to their once good game seem like they are made by de people on alt accounts. I don't like any of the update really. After everything and all the promises and then this ... and the stupid clan stuff being rewarded more for people who want to go it alone is lame. That S#&$ is so freaking disappointing.

People wanted the game to become harder - DE made it harder.

Nothing is gonna be OK for you guys, you will always find something to cry about.

I want the game to be harder than it is now.
I would also like it to be an optional Hard Mode setting you can turn on so that you can choose whether you want to play the game like a man or be a soulless monster who hates fun.

Veteran players need to shut up already and stop saying "hurr durr it's not hard it's oook for me!". It's so easy to say that when you're mastery rank 4+ have allmost all of the good mods. If you're going to raise difficulty that's ok, I welcome any challenge and I'm fairly new too but we have to agree that it needs fixing for new players (something normal, happens in all the new big updates)

This update puts all new players in a prison called Mercury, Venus and maybe Saturn and god forgives them if they want the Saryn, Rhino or Frost Warframe because with that lockdown it will be just frustrating to advance halfway there

Increase in difficulty is always good to make good challenges but there's a thin line between a challenge and a down right frustrating system that leaves no progress for new players, we're lucky, we have experience and more time playing, hell some of us started with help, many of them don't have it, stop assuming everyone is like you

I want the game to be harder than it is now.
I would also like it to be an optional Hard Mode setting you can turn on so that you can choose whether you want to play the game like a man or be a soulless monster who hates fun.

This, I would play hard mode all the time but that doesn't mean everyone has to play like I want, you want something easy? play normal, we can stay with hard mode and stop dragging new players into our level

It does seem a bit two-faced, for players with maxed mods and formad weps and frames to demand the whole game is made harder to suit them ? Kinda like pulling the ladder up behind you, lowering a greasy rope and saying "but I managed the climb!".

However, I suspect DE went this way in the multifaceted approach of not only encouraging plat sales amongst newer players, but a retention of a more hardcore base. The game's still in beta though and may be tweaked and balanced more

Edited by Keltik0ne

I definitely agree that the game is way too hard now. Not eveyone who plays the game is hardcore, the new players will be stuck on three planets the majority of the time and not even get the chance to get any rare mods. People said that the game was too easy because they were bored. What those hardcore people fail to realize is that there are some people who play for fun. I do not want an insane difficulty increase that I do not have the option to change. 

Well, as a real newbie, still rocking the starter weapons at Excal level 8, the challenge for the first few Mercury missions was challenging but doable solo. The first boss however is another story, I got Vor down to no health and he puts up a shield, then taunts me that my mk1 can't hurt him. Bastard. :/

I would like a hard mode for missions already completed, but I'd like to get a little farther so I can get some weapon upgrades. I'll have to redo the first several missions at this rate just to be able to afford a blueprint.

Edited by Kinsaeda

I think I speak for t majority when I say, If they give you an option turn *Hardcore* mode on or off (The way it was in U8) it would be a lot nicer for new players or lower levels, and still allow higher levels to challenge them selves and even get better rewards.

The starting levels got harder, the entry point in the game got harder, but Hyena is on Neptune. It's kinda far into the game if you ask me. Hyean was a pushover if you have good mods. Right now it's fine, it's challenging (I play solo most of the time). I remember I had problems with the previous version of Hyena, because I had basic mods only, unranked. Get better mods in defense missions, it's not supposed to be super easy game (I hope doesn't roll back on the difficulty, even Nightmare seems not that hard).