Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Covert Lethality and Finishers

mosaickle

Question

So the Covert Lethality mod says it deals lethal damage if you're undetected, so that's Loki's stealth?

Also lets say I was detected and go into stealth, will hitting an 'alerted' enemy proc the lethal damage?

Also on the Wikia it says: "Lethal Damage refers to the mod's ability to instantly kill enemies upon performing a finisher attack, regardless of their level or defenses." From what I know, a finisher attack isn't a normal attack, so isn't that conflicting with the mod description of 'Lethal Damage' on undetected melee attacks (which means to me, 'undetected melee attacks' can be normal attacks or finishers). Also this might be a misconception but to me finishers seem really inconsistent, I'm not sure whether I'm not fulfilling requirements to perform a finisher or it runs on random percentage chance, but lets say someone like Inaros' pocket sand, me killing targets with finishers or just normal attacks is completely inconsistent (to me anyway), so I don't know whether I'll heal or not.

But regarding Covert Lethality, so is it lethal only when no one knows your presence? Or can it be procced if you're just stealthed (regardless of lets say alarms etc)?

And regarding finishers, let's say Inaros's pocket sand, how do I proc a finisher? It's completely inconsistent to me for all I know

7 answers to this question

Covert Lethality will only do lethal damage when the target is open to finishers, I.e Excal blind. also Augments like Fatal Teleport for Ash will attack as a finisher kill regardless (best use for covert lethality imo).

Will also work when unalerted enemies are attacked from behind, causing a finisher animation.

The animation has to happen for the Covert lethality to cause "lethal" damage.

Covert Lethality kills any non-boss enemy when you do a Finisher attack on them, regardless of their alert status. This means that doing a Finisher on an unalerted enemy, triggering a counterstrike or using an ability that opens them to Finisher attacks would trigger it (Radial Blind, Sleep Arrow, Teleport). There are enemies that are inmune to finishers, like Ospreys and Juggernaut though.

Mod is worded wrong. It triggers on finishers (not ground finishers), alert state does not matter. Any skill that opens up the enemy to finishers will do. + regular stealth finisher killing ofc.

Next to that with inaros the enemies are only blinded when they are facing you at the time of casting. Pocket sanding them in the back will not trigger this effect thus will not open them to finishers.

And you need the finisher prompt to finish someone.

The mod's wording could use a revamp. The "Lethality" only applies to Stealth Finishers, and also Counter Finishers since they are counted as the same thing for some arcane reason, but NOT Ground Finishers (again for some arcane reason), so don't think spamming slam attacks will help any.

However, triggering a Stealth Finisher is tricky. In a normal mission, unless the enemy is under the effect of a Blind, Sleep, or Stun, you absolutely cannot have any alarm active or have made any noise or allowed yourself to be spotted, because that will put the enemy on various degrees of Alert. Active alarms actually put the entire level on maximum Alert, so to get the most out of CL, you need to deal with raised alarms immediately. If you're in an endless mode like Survival or Defense, or a level with a fire hazard, then enemies start off in full alert and so Blind, Sleep, and Stun become the only way to get enemies into a finisher state even if you're invisible.

Also, there are no side animations for finishers, so make sure to be as close to directly behind (or in front of if you're relying on a B/S/S) your target as possible, and wait for the prompt.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

34 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

And you need the finisher prompt to finish someone.

Finisher prompt?

Is it like a thing where you see a [Press etc to finish] or something?

If so, looks like I might need to slow down my melee spamming when I chuck sand at people (as Inaros), I blind and just spam E

Also, is the finisher prompt happen for ground finishers?