Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal glyph

dodorichard

Many of my fav YouTube content creators have been giving out glyphs recently, but many times I will miss them because I am at work,whatever. 

So I was wondering if we can make our own? I am a designer so drawing it is no big deal, how do I make into something my frames can wear and I can use as icons?

Well, in the TennoCon ticket page, one of the ticket tiers mentioned that you could "work with us to create your very own personalized glyph!" or something along those lines. Unfortunately, this would require being able to go to tennocon which, if you're like me, is out of the question. Even more unfortunately, that level of ticket is already sold out (probably sold out within the first week), so even if you could do that you are, unfortunately, out of luck.

So, good news is, DE isn't opposed to the idea. Bad news is, they literally just used that as a selling point for an exclusive level of tennocon ticket, so you'll probably have to wait awhile to get another chance at this.

One of the reasons why they don't allow everyone to create a custom glyph is because it's too much work.

Clan emblems are essentially the same concept, and those are only added with each update because everyone's clients must have the emblem within their files. If players were allowed to have custom glyphs, all players would have to have the glyph saved in their files. Additionally, each clan emblem has to be approved before it can be implemented, so custom glyphs would have to be approved as well, which is very time consuming. Considering the amount of players who would want custom glyphs, the amount of work would be backlogging.

1 hour ago, dodorichard said:

Many of my fav YouTube content creators have been giving out glyphs recently, but many times I will miss them because I am at work,whatever. 

So I was wondering if we can make our own? I am a designer so drawing it is no big deal, how do I make into something my frames can wear and I can use as icons?

The only way you'll be able to get your own is to buy a legendary ticket to tennocon next year...

and because of the fact it's there as a tennocon item means you'll only ever get your own via a competition or something.

Edited by Carnage2K4