Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crosshair should not disappear when aiming ivara arrows

Pythadragon

Simple issue-

Your crosshair disappears while you are casting an ivara quiver arrow, making it extremely difficult to aim. Oddly, the 4 ability dots remain. This seems like a very odd design choice if intended.

I don't think players should be forced to aim with the ability dots in lieu of a crosshair.

Ability key pressed = crosshair disappears.

iSCgv5H.png

After short delay, arrow is fired. Arrow is launched to the left of the original point of aim on ability key pressed. Between ability key pressed and arrow fired, you are forced to aim without a crosshair.

M4z9kPQ.png

Edited by Pythadragon
Added gfy

16 hours ago, Pythadragon said:

Your crosshair disappears while you are casting an ivara quiver arrow, making it extremely difficult to aim. Oddly, the 4 ability dots remain. This seems like a very odd design choice if intended.

I just double checked this and I don't see a problem really.  The crosshair is fully visible during aiming.  It only disappears once the ability has been cast.  At that point you have already have aimed before casting.  I'm not understanding how it makes it difficult to aim when the crosshair is there the whole time during aiming.  

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I just double checked this and I don't see a problem really.  The crosshair is fully visible during aiming.  It only disappears once the ability has been cast.  At that point you have already have aimed before casting.  I'm not understanding how it makes it difficult to aim when the crosshair is there the whole time during aiming.  

Not what I'm seeing.

You aim ivara's arrow through the cast, and the crosshair disappears right when you press the ability key. Therefore you have a gap where you are aiming the arrow while it is charging without a crosshair.

Why does the crosshair disappear, at all?

Ability key pressed = crosshair disappears.

iSCgv5H.png

After short delay, arrow is fired. Arrow is launched to the left of the original point of aim on ability key pressed. Between ability key pressed and arrow fired, you are forced to aim without a crosshair.

M4z9kPQ.png

Edited by Pythadragon

37 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

No, It went to the exact spot your cursor was pointing when you activated the ability.  It doesn't move to a different location after activating if you happen to be pointing in a different direction after activating.  It only looks like it didn't go there because you were moving to the right as it was happening.  

Again, you don't aim the ability after activation.  Only before activation.  It will always go to the spot the cursor was pointing at the time of activation.  Not after activation.  Once the cursor disappears you no longer have any active control over the projectile unless you are using Navigator also.  I guess you could say that the cursor disappearing is letting you know the ability has been activated.  

edit:  You don't aim though the cast as you might have been thinking.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional info

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

No, It went to the exact spot your cursor was pointing when you activated the ability.  It doesn't move to a different location after activating if you happen to be pointing in a different direction after activating.  It only looks like it didn't go there because you were moving to the right as it was happening.  

Again, you don't aim the ability after activation.  Only before activation.  It will always go to the spot the cursor was pointing at the time of activation.  Not after activation.  Once the cursor disappears you no longer have any active control over the projectile unless you are using Navigator also.  I guess you could say that the cursor disappearing is letting you know the ability has been activated.  

edit:  You don't aim though the cast as you might have been thinking.  

That's just not true at all.

I clearly show the spot it would have hit/was aiming at when ability was pressed + crosshair disappeared. It ended up going far left of that spot as I was swiping mouse left during the cast.

Edited by Pythadragon

Then I suggest that you stop moving if you want a precision shot when using Dashwire, or Invert the activation method (Tap to activate and hold to change) so that it can be faster.  Either way, I wish you well in your quest.  

Edit:  Nice color scheme you have there on Ivara.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional info

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then I suggest that you stop moving if you want a precision shot when using Dashwire, or Invert the activation method (Tap to activate and hold to change) so that it can be faster.  Either way, I wish you well in your quest.  

Edit:  Nice color scheme you have there on Ivara.  :D

That's exactly how I have my ability setup. And this is conclave. Stop moving and you're dead :)

Thanks