Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Build

RealisticName

Question

10 answers to this question

Equilibrium is kinda useless imo, unless it's on Nekros. Your choice to put it on but in my recommendation I'd say replace it with something else.

Personally, I went with a full on crowd control Oberon, with maxed power range and average power strength. I'd recommend waiting before formaing him because his rework is just around the corner.

Your build is decent for a no Forma one, but as said earlier, replace Equilibrium with Rage.

As an Oberon main, here are 2 of my builds:

General Purpose:

Growing Power

Power Drift

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Transient Fortitude

Narrow Minded

Fleeting Expertise

Smite Infusion

Stretch

Tanking: 

The same except Smit Infusion is now Quick Thiniing and Fleeting is Primed flow 

My build is rather unorthodox, but it is also the only time I would consider using Equlibrium or Health Conversion on Oberon. Hallowed Reckoning adds multiple damage ticks on enemies over time as they try to get up, damages and cc's enemies walking in, and gives an armor boost to you and your teammates for walking in the patches. Health Conversion is useful for picking up those health orbs that drop when you kill enemies, or randomly throughout the level. Rage for lots of energy, Equilibrium allows you to get energy for health orbs that drop, health from all the energy you pick up.

Basically, if you use this build while using melee and being surrounded by a LOT of enemies, you'll constantly walk through a field of armor boosts on top of the armor you may have gotten from various health orbs sprawled out across the map

ep1Grg6.png

I've always used a pretty selfish build.

I couldn't figure out how to post the dam picture, so I'll try to do this to the best of my ability. 

My aura currently has no polarity. This is so that I can change my aura mod whenever I want without worrying about my capacity being hurt due to it. I tend to use rejuvenation just for the health regeneration. It's a pretty underrated aura mod honestly. But, because my aura now has no polarity, I can use corrosive projection or whatever else my team needs without having to worry about it. 

My exilus is currently and will probably always be handspring. Amazing mod for surviving in high end content. 160% knockdown recovery makes it to where you are never really down long enough to die because of it. This mod makes the animation for the knockdown so fast that it's like it never even happened. Wonderful mod for ensuring you never die to whatever pesky knockdowns the enemies start throwing at you. 

Now for the more complicated part. Because my aura has no polarity, I lose out on some capacity which has to be made up for in the regular mod slots. Because of this, I had to make sure the build I was going for was fairly set in stone before attempting it. That being said, lets discuss some things regarding Oberon;

• Power strength doesn't matter much. Smite and reckoning are nice as far as damage goes, but all damaging abilities drop off without inherent scaling factors. As such, use them for CC and ignore any idea of nuking heavily with them. However, this isn't to say you should 100% ignore power strenght. Renewal is gonna keep you up and moving, and power strength effects the actual healing amounts. 

• Range is always nice. When modding Oberon, range is one of your best friends. As enemy levels get higher and higher, CC will become your one true saving grace. Smite and reckoning are both knockdowns that put radiation procs on things. Having all the more range on them is always nice. However, I don't advise using overextended. While the excessive range is nice, using this mod requires you to compensate for the loss in strength to insure your renewal isn't too heavily affected. 

• Duration should be positive, but not focused on heavily. Currently, Oberon's renewal is affected inversely by power duration (increased power duration will shorten the heal times). Duration also makes your hallowed ground last longer. The issue here is that generally modding for duration means using things like narrow minded, which leads to issues with range, or constitution, which is a heavily costed modification that honestly isn't worth it comparably in most situations.  Again, keep the duration positive, but don't go overboard.

• Efficiency isn't a huge issue if you aren't needlessly using your powers. Don't be that guy that uses reckoning just because you can. If you don't have a large crowd of say eight or more enemies, then don't pop your ultimate. Using things like rage and the zenurik focus school can easily keep you stocked on energy and ensure that you can always use renewal in a tight spot. That being said, don't worry about modding for efficiency much. Maxed streamline isn't needed most times and fleeting expertise will require counter modding. 

• Base stats and surviving using them can be an issue for Oberon. Honestly, while Oberon has 150 armor, I wouldn't recommend modding for it. There are other mods that just help him survive better. The actual damage reduction you would come out to when using steel fiber would be about 50% if I remember correctly, as opposed to 33% with no steel fiber. For a roughly 20% damage reduction increase, there are far better mods you could use to help you live longer.  

So, with that out of the way, what is the build I actually use? Well, again, because it refuses to let me post this picture, this might get kinda weird. 

My Oberon has two 'V' polarites, two 'D' polarities, and three '---' (dash) polarities.

I use;

transient fortitude / primed continuity / vitality / quick thinking / stretch / primed flow / rage / and natural talent.

Aura can be anything due to the aforementioned no polarity, though I normally use rejuvenation. 

Exilus is, as previously mentioned, handspring. 

This will yield;

Power Duration of 128%

Power Efficiency of 100%

Power Range of 145%

Power Strength of 155%

So, transient fortitude is really only here for renewal. As mentioned, the healing rates are affected, so power strength is okay on him, but past that shouldn't be focused heavily. Reckoning and smite are really only CC considering how poorly their damage scales, and as such i'm using stretch to increase the effective range by a fair margin. Also, by only using stretch I don't have to worry about my strength being too heavily affected by overextended. The mixture of rage and prime flow aid in resolving the base efficiency problems you may have, while working wonders to increase your chances of survival with vitality and quick thinking. Just remember, the moment you hit the 2 HP quick thinking mark, immediately use a reckoning followed by a renewal. Then get out of whatever situation you are in.  Natural talent is here because Oberon's casting animations have a ridiculously long casting time and will quite literally get you killed in higher levels, especially renewal. We want to be able to resolve our powers as fast as possible, so natural talent is our BFF.  

I've used this build for a long time and gone for some serious runs using it. It works well at keeping you alive and moving while doing fairly well at CC'ing your enemies. My recommendation is to always use zenurik with it and try to have a lifestrike melee weapon equipped at all times. 

Last side note;

Hallowed ground is alright, but don't try to actually use it much in its current iteration. It provides some okay utility, but is really a poor ability in a game where you want to move around a lot. 

Use smite more than reckoning. Target high priority enemies like techs and bombards. The ability costs less energy then reckoning, is highly spammable, a guaranteed knockdown, and a guaranteed radiation proc. Very underrated. 

Use renewal when you see your HP fall to about half, or maybe even sooner depending on the situation, This is one of the few abilities where I say don't worry about activating it. It's a lifeline, use it. Don't be afraid to cast this one. If nothing else, your allies might appreciate it. 

Again, only use reckoning when there are like eight or more enemies around you. Any less and there isn't much of a reason to pop it. 

Don't bother with any of his augments with the way he currently works. The smite one just isn't too useful, the hallowed ground one isn't very good since the damage just doesn't scale well, the renewal one is inconsistent and unreliable, and the reckoning one once again suffers because the damage just doesn't scale well. 

Final notes;

This build is a pretty selfish one. You won't be supporting a full team much with it, but to be honest, with the way Oberon's powers currently work, you really should just drop any notion of supporting allies through power usage anyways. Honestly, use smite and reckoning for CC, use your guns to kill things, and pop renewal when YOU need it. Do all that and just hope your team catches some of the benefits. (Though, do try to use renewal when allies go down for that nice bleedout duration increase. This is about the only time I'd say use it for an ally specifically).

(Powers with this build;

Smite

• Initial damage - 775
  • Number of orbs - 9
  • Orb damage - 232.5
  • Orb range - 18.13 meters
  • Power range - 72.5 meters

Hallowed Ground

• Armor increase - 31%
  • Damage - 155
  • Fire length - 16 meters
  • Fire width - 6 meters
  • Power duration - 25.5 seconds

Renewal 

• Bleedout slow - 57.38%
  • Energy per second - 3.92 per second
  • Heal time - 7.84 seconds
  • Health over time - 620
  • Initial heal - 193.75

Reckoning 

• Blind duration - 5.1 seconds
  • Blind range - 5.8 meters
  • Damage - 1,937.5
  • Health orb drop - 50%
  • Power range - 21.75 meters)

Oh, and if you really wanna be a tanky Oberon, use that build I provided and carry a lifestrike Rakta Dark Dagger.

Not only will it restore your health when you channel due to lifestrike, it will also;

1) Restore your shields every time you hit an enemy with a radiation proc on them (Rakta Dark Dagger passive). This is important because Oberon can put radiation procs on dam near everything.

(You can also go PAST your base shield values with this passive, and have overshields with enough hits)

2) Restore your energy whenever the Gleaming Blight augments affinity bar is filled.

3) Put mass viral procs on everything due to the Gleaming Blight explosion.

Great utility weapon for Oberon. The damage can also be fixed through mods now, so it can still scale alright. I've manage to kill level 110 Corrupt Bombards with relative ease. 

Just a fun thought that I figure I'd add to my previous comments regarding Oberon builds. If you wanna play Oberon, consider grabbing yourself a Rakta Dark Dagger.

Edited by KX297