Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just asking but..

DaveOneGo

Question

Is there anything fun at Warframe except destroying/blowing up enemies? And doing ''Fashion Frame''? Because I am trying so hard to find something entertaining, I really don't want this game to be forgotten as my older games. If anyone has a solution or a suggestion please say.

18 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, DaveOneGo said:

Is there anything fun at Warframe except destroying/blowing up enemies? And doing ''Fashion Frame''? Because I am trying so hard to find something entertaining, I really don't want this game to be forgotten as my older games. If anyone has a solution or a suggestion please say.

Well try out stuff that you never did before like anything 

get like really Good Rivens for weapons you never use and just have a blast something like this 

Edited by ShadowStalker

Its an age old question that has no real answer. Warframe has several levels or tiers or levels of play, sort of like an onion:

The core of warframe never really changes. You run and gun. This is 90% of what you will be doing. There is a little bit of variety with say spy missions in that you can do them without killing anyone (only mission type where killing is not a true component of the primary objective). Every mission requires you to kill people. On the next tier of the game is the "collectathon". You can collect many many weapons, frames, sentinels, companions, ship accessories, cosmetics, mods, arcanes, resources and multiple forms of currencies. So much stuff for you get.

The third tier of play is the community tier where you can use chat, relays, clans, forums, Reddit, twitter and YouTube. This jokingly gets referred to as "endgame". Why not make some capture and post it online. Got an idea for a new mission type or warframe? Put it on the forums.  

Arguably floating up above all these layers are two more. One is conclave, which is an odd entity that links back to the core but has no real goal in and of itself and still only exists in a sort of fledgling state. Lastly there is always the option to become a content creator and make youtube videos to feedback to the third tier.  

For some people the above outlined structure is enough to give them fulfillment. Other people need to take what the game has and gets creative, make challenges and adventures. 

However, as I feel your original posts summarizes correctly; currently in Warframe, even if you do everything else you will eventually feel like you are

"All dressed up in the best the solar system has to offer but with no where to go/nothing to do but to run and gun some more." 

Edited by MDRLOz

I don't understand how can people get bored with a game with so vast arsenal. Oh, and enemies killed with blast ragdolled into oblivion - this is just too much fun (unless that's what you mean by blowing them up?).

Helping new players can be very satisfying.

Raiding with friends often ends up with people writing/drawing things on the ground with their restores or Nezha's Firewalker.

Building statues made of lesser decorations in dojos.

Enjoying the lore and speculating about it.

There's plenty to enjoy if you know how to have fun. And if you're patient. And if you have friends to play with.

2 hours ago, Raniu said:

I don't understand how can people get bored with a game with so vast arsenal. Oh, and enemies killed with blast ragdolled into oblivion - this is just too much fun (unless that's what you mean by blowing them up?).

Helping new players can be very satisfying.

Raiding with friends often ends up with people writing/drawing things on the ground with their restores or Nezha's Firewalker.

Building statues made of lesser decorations in dojos.

Enjoying the lore and speculating about it.

There's plenty to enjoy if you know how to have fun. And if you're patient. And if you have friends to play with.

Well as I agree with you most, there are somethings I disagree.

1.With the Warframe, by building things it take time, patience which most of the time I do not have.

2. Somehow players do not want my help for some reason, especially the new ones.

3. I have no friends.

2 hours ago, ShadowStalker said:

Well try out stuff that you never did before like anything 

get like really Good Rivens for weapons you never use and just have a blast something like this 

get like really Good Rivens

...'Kay.

I have fun trying to turn weapons into something else.  Lex is modded with hornet strike, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, quick draw, gunslinger, ice storm, and a the toxic 60% mod.  Closest I can get it to a Lato without making it a pea-shooter like a Lato.  It feels good but damn do I wish I didn't have to drop hornet strike/serration/pressure point/point blank and multi shot mod onto EVERY DAMN WEAPON I have.  If nothing else, DE should at least remove the base damage increasing mods, or just give every weapon two more mod slots.  Seriously.  Hardly a modding system when there's only enough points and slots to force it to be more like a "choose your elements" system.

8 hours ago, DaveOneGo said:

The gameplay.  If you like fast paced combat with the arsenal choices provided in the game there's a lot of fun to go around. 

It's like any other game.  I play chess because I like the rules and strategy involved.  I like league of legends for a similar reason.  I like metroid for the exploration,  I like rpg's for their stories.

I don't like Minecraft or garry's mod,I don't like any game set in ww1 or 2.

If you don't like the gameplay of warframe you definitely wouldn't force yourself to play it.  A lot of players just like collecting crap so they get into warframe to collect everything. When they're done they are in your shoes.  Then you're done.

At it's core Warframe is something of a looter shooter.

While the looter part is less so than say Borderlands the shooter part is strong.

Probably just about the only missions you can run that don't really involve some degree of shooting are Spy missions.

MMO's you quest and quest and quest (and most of those are usually "kill-x-# of mobs" or "loot items found near mobs you'll have to kill because they agro when you go to loot said items" etc.).
Shooters, you shoot things.

You can't Craft your way to Mastery Rank 30, and even if you could, what would be the point?

IDK, maybe some day the Devs will put in a Portal level.

I guess you could play a lot of "happy Zephyr (re: flappy bird)" if you have Zephyr.

I'd say Wyrmius too but technically it also involves shooting enemies.

Good luck, tenno!

~R~

On 4/25/2017 at 11:45 PM, (Xbox One)DarwinsPlanB said:

Try hunting down the Kuria. At halfway you get a shoulder emblem but, when you finish you get a statue you can put in your ship. Happy hunting (you need to scan them btw)

Kuria? What is hat?

1 hour ago, DaveOneGo said:

Kuria? What is hat?

Oh, the Kuria...theyr'e these odd little statues that are hidden about various levels. You find them with your codex scanner. Some are easy to spot (they do glow orange), others are a royal pain. But, I personally like the hunt. They are tied to a bit of Grineer lore, it's an extended poem (Renga?) about the Twin Queens and their origins. They show up all over the place.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:40 AM, DaveOneGo said:

Well for me, I really like PvE games. killing enemies and leveling up is fun for me. Perhaps PvE games arent your thing and you like PvP games instead. If you dont find any enjoyment in Warframe then you shouldnt force yourself to play.