Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sobek Could Still Work

Paradoxbomb

I've suggested this in several threads, but I just wanted to start one of my own to get the idea across. From what I can assume (despite it's appearence) the Sobek was supposed to be a shotgun equivalent of the Grakata, exchanging damage for a fast fire rate and high clip size. The major issue with the Sobek at present is that DE seems to have forgotten the whole "fast fire rate" aspect of Grineer weapons, and the damage is WAY too low even by grineer weapon standards (a latron can do 40 damage, and without the pellet spread).

While I do think that a double barrel shotgun is something that has to be added in the near future, I think this gun could still fufill it's purpose. If the damage were to be buffed to about 60-65 and it was turned into a "fires as fast as you can pull the trigger" kind of shotgun, then I believe it could function as a "Grakata Shotgun", being able to deliver high DPS despite being weaker than the Boar.

That or give us our super-shotty and apply the aforementioned upgrade to the Boar. Either one.

EDIT: Looks like DE beefed up the damage to 60, which is okay, though I still stay the RoF should be boosted significantly.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

i like the model of Sobek, so i'd like it to get improved. what i don't want, is a breach loaded double barrel shotgun. the model is clearly supposed to be an auto, it has a drum. it can't logically be straight up alpha damage. but we can definitely find that middle ground for everything the Sobek can be. it can be all the current shotguns and some rifles mixed together, and be pretty good all around, but not great at anything. 

i'm still using this as my primary atm despite it being not that great. i like the style of it, and i want to really like it. i already have my color set for it, and it looks great. 

Make it larger and the barrel slightly longer.
Make it shoot 2 slugs a shot and give it a mag size of 2 or 3 shots.

Give it decent range, slow-ish cycle rate, high recoil.

Most importantly give it a high-damage AP type shot and a reload to match the desire DPS to balance it out.

It's double barreled - as https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79186-have-the-sobek-fire-two-shots-at-once/'>somebody else suggested in one of the innumerable threads that have popped up to complain about this gun, make the Sobek fire two rounds at once. This doubles its pellet count and potential damage output while it burns through its ammo faster. A nice, balanced approach.

The Sobek is an awful shotgun. Just finished making it, I was expecting it to bypass armor. However, I'm sitting here just thinking to myself that I'm really glad I did not potato this pile of crap gun.

Edited by Mythblaze

It's double barreled - as somebody else suggested in one of the innumerable threads that have popped up to complain about this gun, make the Sobek fire two rounds at once. This doubles its pellet count and potential damage output while it burns through its ammo faster. A nice, balanced approach.

Maybe that was the original intention and they just... forgot about it or something (it would explain why the damage is so low, but even then 80 sounds kinda weak for a double barrel)