Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Frames, and weapons should i get?

Sniper2458

Question

So currently as it is i have Mag, and Valkyr. My Limbo will be done crafting tomorrow and i'll sadly have to delete Mag because i don't have space for another frame and i don't have platinum for a new slot. So maybe you guys could list some good weapons for limbo? Anyways so i need some good endish game weapons, and some warframes for the future whenever i get more slots somehow. Lets start with frames, i love stealth and because Limbo can walk through lasers undetected (i think) then it should be easier to farm Ivara which is a frame i love. So i love stealth like i said, but i also want a frame that's good for playing with friends. I generally play Survival or Defense with friends but i'd like a frame that's good for most missions. It'd be nice if the frame had decent damage for high rounds in Survival and Defense. (I know there aren't rounds in survival but you get the gist) And for weapons, for melee i'm currently using Broken War and it seems pretty good but if i need a new melee for endish-end game then please suggest one. I also need a Primary. I'll use any type of gun as long as it's good, but no Bow's i'm only needing a bow for Ivara and i already know what bow to get for her. And last but not least, a secondary. If you recommend a Primary that has like a charge time or is only good in certain situations please also tell me a good Secondary that would back up the Primary pretty well. I hope this isn't too much to ask, and i know there are forums of my same question but i was hoping to get some answers based on my play style, thank you. Also secondary suggestions are needed. And i'm at Neptune so i can get the stuff for most somewhat expensive weapons.

Edited by Sniper2458

15 answers to this question

For me Limbo works best with shotguns as he can do some pretty decent hit-and-run attacks.  You can run right up to the enemy while in the rift, dash out of the rift, pump a shot or two in their face, then dash back into the rift.  The Secondary should compliment the primary so I'd grab a Lex Prime or something for long range.  As for melee (which is really important for Limbo due to Stasis)... get the most powerful thing you can grab.

Do not get beam weapons with Limbo or anything else that will crash stasis very easily.

Edited by Insizer

Hello there!

if stealth is your thing, you'll probably find yourself enjoying Loki: he has one of the best invisibility skills in the game, and is easier to obtain than Ivara though I still recommend trying for her when you can). a frame that works for all mission types would be Rhino: fairly easy to farm for, and he'll easily get you through any missions you struggle with thanks to his durability.

for your primary, I'll assume by your name that you like Snipers, of which we have a few in Warframe. the Vulkar is a good starting point, as it's a forgiving rifle with semi-auto firing and a larger capacity. later you can also get the Vectis (and it's Primed variant), and the Lanka, which is a wonderful rifle, capable of stunning groups. if you'd rather go for something a bit more suitable for close quarters, the Karak, Boltor and Soma are excellent assault rifles that can really help you out. there's also some pretty decent Shotguns too, such as the Tigris and Hek.

you didn't mention Secondaries, are you still using your starting secondary (Lato or Mk-1 Kunai)? if so, I'd advise getting a new secondary when you get the chance. not sure what your preference is regarding pistols (revolvers, machine pistols etc.), but I'd recommend the Lex or Magnus, both hard-hitting pistols that you can rely on. if you'd rather keep a quiet secondary, Hikou is a nice step up from the starting Kunai.

for melee, the Broken war is excellent, and will definitely keep you going until you find something that suits you. personally I'm all about power so I like using heavy blades such as the Galatine, but there are also daggers, dual swords, staffs, Polearms and other melee weapons that you might find interesting.

ultimately, you just have to keep trying new things, which will also level your Mastery Rank and help you access even better equipment! have fun!

3 minutes ago, Insizer said:

For me Limbo works best with shotguns as he can do some pretty decent hit-and-run attacks.  You can run right up to the enemy while in the rift, dash out of the rift, pump a shot or two in their face, then dash back into the rift.  As for melee (which is really important for Limbo due to Stasis)... get the most powerful thing you can grab.

Any suggestions for which shotgun i should get for Limbo?

10 minutes ago, Sniper2458 said:

Any suggestions for which shotgun i should get for Limbo?

The two biggest boomsticks in the game: Tigris series or Hek series.  Keep in mind that the Tigris takes some getting used to and some modding to make up for its weaknesses.

Also, Limbo cannot walk through laser undetected if i recall.  Ivara can though with her (only useful and practical) augment mod, Infiltrate.

EDIT: With Limbo it really comes down to getting powerful (non-beam) weapons as he is squishy if he is in the open for too long, also powerful guns can usually dispatch more enemies with less shots/projectiles and such, which helps you preserve Stasis better.  Remember, Stasis can only hold 300 rounds (except for some weapons which will burst stasis with like 10 rounds) and your allies are likely to shoot about half of them.  These 300 rounds also include multishot rounds.

Edited by Insizer

I feel like I need to stop you real quick,
The usual tip from higher ranked players is : Never sell anything until you get a double ( Primed version of it ) or you very much hate it ( Things that you can't get a feel of ). That tip goes for both Warframe and weapons.

Considering that you have Broken War, I suppose you are at a level where you can somewhat participate in Fissures or even possibly run Dragon keys, those two are easy ways to get items that will sell for either a short or decent amount of platinum. 20 platinum for a warframe slot isn't really hard to achieve if you're willing to give it a little time.

Back to the subject at hand, if you want a warframe that is good for playing with friend, Limbo is probably the last thing you want. His mechanic isn't very Team-Friendly, rather he makes for a good warframe that works away from your team.

If you feel more inclined for Stealth play, then Loki and Ash are probably a safer bet, Invisibility wins against Bypassing lasers at any time.
Ivara does both of those things and makes for a decent addition to the team. However if you fall into the solo category she'll be a little less effective than those other two and it'll take a bit more time to complete you objective.

As for weapons err... I play with my secondary/melee 90% of the time, the 10% left is spent using a Riven modded Opticor. It's a charged weapon, but that's my play style.
On my secondary I have my Favorite Akmagnus, very decent Status/critical but a sligthly bad reload, just put that one reload mod on and it'll do mighty fine.
As for melee, anything with 10-20% status and 15-25% crit chance with good mods will do you good until you reach a certain level, at this point you'll have to rely on even better mods, you get the gist of it.

5 minutes ago, Insizer said:

The two biggest boomsticks in the game: Tigris series or Hek series.  Keep in mind that the Tigris takes some getting used to and some modding to make up for its weaknesses.

Also, Limbo cannot walk through laser undetected if i recall.  Ivara can though with her (only useful and practical) augment mod, Infiltrate. 

If I recall from a misadventure, Infested Rescue lasers are the only lasers that Limbo couldn't walk through undetected. ( I'm not 100% sure, that happened like... 1 year ago )
Limbo can walk through pretty much anything undetected, you just gotta watch out for camera and Scouting Drones

Shoot straight for Rhino I almost forgot that you mentioned stealth. There is only one option for your situation: Loki. He has a fantastic power set for both solo stealth play and group play once you've gotten the necessary mods for him. (+Duration, +Range, +Efficiency if possible) As for good weapons overall... Get ready for a long shopping list.
*I will mention Platinum a lot, as I assume you already know about the Trading System and how you can acquire Platinum from other players by taking advantage of it.

For not-so-heavy long-haul farming, these would be more ideal: Primaries: Karak, Zhuge, Braton Prime, Hek, Tigris. Secondaries: Marelok, Lex, Akstiletto, Spira, Pandero. Melee: Broken War (Second Dream), Galatine, Scindo, Jat Kittag, Orthos/Prime, Destreza, Dual Cleavers/Zorens/Ichor, Mios, Redeemer, Tipedo

Karak is a reliable automatic primary with barely any resource investment needed.
Zhuge is a more high-powered primary option with similarly little requirements (besides one Argon Crystal from the Void).
Braton Prime is a reliable status-proccing automatic option with little-to-no Platinum and time investment to acquire.
Hek and Tigris are very high-powered shotgun options that are also easy to get, given their Clan Research requirements.

Marelok is a strong secondary that can hold its own for most situations, with little Clan Research requirements to worry about.
Lex is a real handcannon that can be had for 50k Credits. Which initially sounds like a lot, but at your MR, 50k Credits is nothing.
Akstiletto still holds its own in Warframe despite its Prime being leagues better, and can be researched & bought more easily.
Spira throwing daggers have a lot going for them, even better considering they are extremely cheap to craft.
Pandero is one of the best single-handed secondaries in Warframe at this moment, with relatively cheap crafting costs (besides the 2 Argons).

Broken War is hands-down the best Single Sword of Warframe at this moment.
And it is automatically rewarded to you, with pre-installed Catalyst and free Weapon Slot, for completing The Second Dream. Go do the Second Dream if you have not already done so.
Galatine has probably the longest blade that you'll see for a long time, with the damage and range stats to back it. Also benefits from being easy to craft.
Scindo is a slightly harder-hitting equivalent, also cheap to craft and requires little modding to be effective.
Jat Kittag is a rocket-powered dual-handed mace, also easy Clan Tech to research and build.
Orthos plus its Prime are fantastic Polearm-type weapons, the Prime being among the best of its class. Both are extremely easy to build/acquire.
*You can get an Orthos Prime set for free if you are lucky enough to find a decent trader.
Destreza, while not too popular, has highly appealing stats and style, while being relatively easy to craft. (Just make sure you do 5 Nitain alerts beforehand.)
Dual Cleavers/Zorens/Ichor are some of the better dual-swords, and are all identically cheap to build, and easy to research (in the case of Cleavers and Icors).
Mios is another very strong melee weapon, although you should prepare for a rather unconventional melee style with this whip-sword combo.
Redeemer is a shotgun gunblade... also easy to build and research.
Tipedo is a fantastic staff-type weapon, built out of Hikou and Bo. Both of those are also great and easy to attain earlygame, and more likely than not you've already levelled those to 30 at this point.

If you are not afraid to farm up a lot, then these choices have you covered: Primaries: Rakta Cernos, Soma Prime, Vaykor Hek Secondaries: Akstiletto Prime, Lex Prime(and AkLex Prime if possible) Melee: Fragor Prime, Galatine Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Nikana/Dragon/Prime, Rakta Dark Dagger, Heliocor, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Lesion

Rakta Cernos is the best and most popular choice of Bow at this moment (mainly owing to its high Critical and Status numbers, fast charge, and Energy-giving Blight proc). Just be prepared to farm a couple more of the good Corrupted Mods again to trade for one if you cannot be bothered with farming up Red Veil reputation.
Soma Prime has been vaulted for a while and is worth a good amount of Platinum, but if you farm and trade enough good Corrupted Mods from the Orokin Derelicts with premade groups, you can get a set rather easily.
Vaykor Hek is easily one of the most powerful shotguns in the game at this moment unfortunately it requires significant MR grinding up to Mastery Rank 12 to even use.

Akstiletto Prime are hands-down the best dual secondaries, if not the best secondaries in Warframe at this point, given their perfect combination of Crit and Status. However, farming all five pieces can take a relatively unreasonable amount of time, although sets go for below 100 plat in Trade if you find a decent seller.
Lex Prime in comparison is very easy to get for little to no Platinum, and you will have a reliable secondary sniper right away once it finishes cooking in the Foundry.
*AkLex Prime is the objectively better Lex Prime flavor if you can fetch a set for a decent Platinum price.

Fragor Prime is the hardest-hitting Mace in Warframe so far. You are likely close enough to the MR7 requirement to even use it, and sets are fairly cheap (30-50 Platinum) on Trade if you find decent sellers.
Galatine Prime That is a MR13 weapon, it will probably take you a while to even see it in your Foundry.
Dual Kamas Prime are some of the best Dual-Swords in Warframe so far, and are also going fairly cheap (54-75 Platinum) on Trade from decent sellers.
Nikana/Dragon/Prime The entire Nikana series are solid swords of choice with good stats, only limited by short range. Dragon Nikana is built out of Nikana, so make sure you get your Mastery out of Nikana before crafting into its upgraded form. The Prime is obviously the best of the three, but may need a good bit of Relic/Corrupted Mod grinding to acquire for no Platinum & Trades/a decently fair amount of Platinum (80-100 at this moment) (respectively).
Rakta Dark Dagger That is a MR12 weapon, you won't see it for a good while.
Heliocor If farming for Fragor Prime is not your thing, Heliocor is your next best bet. It has very identical stats to the Fragor Prime.
Prisma Dual Cleavers consistently clashes with Dual Kamas Prime for "Best Dual-Swords in Warframe," with equivalently high Crit stats.
*Access to the powerful "Justice Blades" mod from Steel Meridian gives it an edge over basically every other Dual Swords set.
Lesion is considered one of the best Polearms in Warframe, and for very good reason. It has an interesting Status and Damage-boosting gimmick that makes it far stronger than its peers. However, it requires a lot of Mutagen (which is tedious to acquire) to research and build, and you better have Tipedo ranked up to 30 before you melt it into Lesion.

Edited by Mattac0n

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I feel like I need to stop you real quick,
The usual tip from higher ranked players is : Never sell anything until you get a double ( Primed version of it ) or you very much hate it ( Things that you can't get a feel of ). That tip goes for both Warframe and weapons.

Considering that you have Broken War, I suppose you are at a level where you can somewhat participate in Fissures or even possibly run Dragon keys, those two are easy ways to get items that will sell for either a short or decent amount of platinum. 20 platinum for a warframe slot isn't really hard to achieve if you're willing to give it a little time.

Back to the subject at hand, if you want a warframe that is good for playing with friend, Limbo is probably the last thing you want. His mechanic isn't very Team-Friendly, rather he makes for a good warframe that works away from your team.

If you feel more inclined for Stealth play, then Loki and Ash are probably a safer bet, Invisibility wins against Bypassing lasers at any time.
Ivara does both of those things and makes for a decent addition to the team. However if you fall into the solo category she'll be a little less effective than those other two and it'll take a bit more time to complete you objective.

As for weapons err... I play with my secondary/melee 90% of the time, the 10% left is spent using a Riven modded Opticor. It's a charged weapon, but that's my play style.
On my secondary I have my Favorite Akmagnus, very decent Status/critical but a sligthly bad reload, just put that one reload mod on and it'll do mighty fine.
As for melee, anything with 10-20% status and 15-25% crit chance with good mods will do you good until you reach a certain level, at this point you'll have to rely on even better mods, you get the gist of it.

Alright i'll take a look into it, and i mostly play solo which is why i wanted Limbo. But now that i'm about to have Limbo (and been having valkyr) i'll be good on solo frames which is why i was asking for team frames but i appreciate you looking out for me.

54 minutes ago, Sniper2458 said:

Alright i'll take a look into it, and i mostly play solo which is why i wanted Limbo. But now that i'm about to have Limbo (and been having valkyr) i'll be good on solo frames which is why i was asking for team frames but i appreciate you looking out for me.

My pleasure, if you have any other questions ask away, I'll do my best to answer them.

3 hours ago, Mattac0n said:

Shoot straight for Rhino I almost forgot that you mentioned stealth. There is only one option for your situation: Loki. He has a fantastic power set for both solo stealth play and group play once you've gotten the necessary mods for him. (+Duration, +Range, +Efficiency if possible) As for good weapons overall... Get ready for a long shopping list.
*I will mention Platinum a lot, as I assume you already know about the Trading System and how you can acquire Platinum from other players by taking advantage of it.

For not-so-heavy long-haul farming, these would be more ideal: Primaries: Karak, Zhuge, Braton Prime, Hek, Tigris. Secondaries: Marelok, Lex, Akstiletto, Spira, Pandero. Melee: Broken War (Second Dream), Galatine, Scindo, Jat Kittag, Orthos/Prime, Destreza, Dual Cleavers/Zorens/Ichor, Mios, Redeemer, Tipedo

Karak is a reliable automatic primary with barely any resource investment needed.
Zhuge is a more high-powered primary option with similarly little requirements (besides one Argon Crystal from the Void).
Braton Prime is a reliable status-proccing automatic option with little-to-no Platinum and time investment to acquire.
Hek and Tigris are very high-powered shotgun options that are also easy to get, given their Clan Research requirements.

Marelok is a strong secondary that can hold its own for most situations, with little Clan Research requirements to worry about.
Lex is a real handcannon that can be had for 50k Credits. Which initially sounds like a lot, but at your MR, 50k Credits is nothing.
Akstiletto still holds its own in Warframe despite its Prime being leagues better, and can be researched & bought more easily.
Spira throwing daggers have a lot going for them, even better considering they are extremely cheap to craft.
Pandero is one of the best single-handed secondaries in Warframe at this moment, with relatively cheap crafting costs (besides the 2 Argons).

Broken War is hands-down the best Single Sword of Warframe at this moment.
And it is automatically rewarded to you, with pre-installed Catalyst and free Weapon Slot, for completing The Second Dream. Go do the Second Dream if you have not already done so.
Galatine has probably the longest blade that you'll see for a long time, with the damage and range stats to back it. Also benefits from being easy to craft.
Scindo is a slightly harder-hitting equivalent, also cheap to craft and requires little modding to be effective.
Jat Kittag is a rocket-powered dual-handed mace, also easy Clan Tech to research and build.
Orthos plus its Prime are fantastic Polearm-type weapons, the Prime being among the best of its class. Both are extremely easy to build/acquire.
*You can get an Orthos Prime set for free if you are lucky enough to find a decent trader.
Destreza, while not too popular, has highly appealing stats and style, while being relatively easy to craft. (Just make sure you do 5 Nitain alerts beforehand.)
Dual Cleavers/Zorens/Ichor are some of the better dual-swords, and are all identically cheap to build, and easy to research (in the case of Cleavers and Icors).
Mios is another very strong melee weapon, although you should prepare for a rather unconventional melee style with this whip-sword combo.
Redeemer is a shotgun gunblade... also easy to build and research.
Tipedo is a fantastic staff-type weapon, built out of Hikou and Bo. Both of those are also great and easy to attain earlygame, and more likely than not you've already levelled those to 30 at this point.

If you are not afraid to farm up a lot, then these choices have you covered: Primaries: Rakta Cernos, Soma Prime, Vaykor Hek Secondaries: Akstiletto Prime, Lex Prime(and AkLex Prime if possible) Melee: Fragor Prime, Galatine Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, Nikana/Dragon/Prime, Rakta Dark Dagger, Heliocor, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Lesion

Rakta Cernos is the best and most popular choice of Bow at this moment (mainly owing to its high Critical and Status numbers, fast charge, and Energy-giving Blight proc). Just be prepared to farm a couple more of the good Corrupted Mods again to trade for one if you cannot be bothered with farming up Red Veil reputation.
Soma Prime has been vaulted for a while and is worth a good amount of Platinum, but if you farm and trade enough good Corrupted Mods from the Orokin Derelicts with premade groups, you can get a set rather easily.
Vaykor Hek is easily one of the most powerful shotguns in the game at this moment unfortunately it requires significant MR grinding up to Mastery Rank 12 to even use.

Akstiletto Prime are hands-down the best dual secondaries, if not the best secondaries in Warframe at this point, given their perfect combination of Crit and Status. However, farming all five pieces can take a relatively unreasonable amount of time, although sets go for below 100 plat in Trade if you find a decent seller.
Lex Prime in comparison is very easy to get for little to no Platinum, and you will have a reliable secondary sniper right away once it finishes cooking in the Foundry.
*AkLex Prime is the objectively better Lex Prime flavor if you can fetch a set for a decent Platinum price.

Fragor Prime is the hardest-hitting Mace in Warframe so far. You are likely close enough to the MR7 requirement to even use it, and sets are fairly cheap (30-50 Platinum) on Trade if you find decent sellers.
Galatine Prime That is a MR13 weapon, it will probably take you a while to even see it in your Foundry.
Dual Kamas Prime are some of the best Dual-Swords in Warframe so far, and are also going fairly cheap (54-75 Platinum) on Trade from decent sellers.
Nikana/Dragon/Prime The entire Nikana series are solid swords of choice with good stats, only limited by short range. Dragon Nikana is built out of Nikana, so make sure you get your Mastery out of Nikana before crafting into its upgraded form. The Prime is obviously the best of the three, but may need a good bit of Relic/Corrupted Mod grinding to acquire for no Platinum & Trades/a decently fair amount of Platinum (80-100 at this moment) (respectively).
Rakta Dark Dagger That is a MR12 weapon, you won't see it for a good while.
Heliocor If farming for Fragor Prime is not your thing, Heliocor is your next best bet. It has very identical stats to the Fragor Prime.
Prisma Dual Cleavers consistently clashes with Dual Kamas Prime for "Best Dual-Swords in Warframe," with equivalently high Crit stats.
*Access to the powerful "Justice Blades" mod from Steel Meridian gives it an edge over basically every other Dual Swords set.
Lesion is considered one of the best Polearms in Warframe, and for very good reason. It has an interesting Status and Damage-boosting gimmick that makes it far stronger than its peers. However, it requires a lot of Mutagen (which is tedious to acquire) to research and build, and you better have Tipedo ranked up to 30 before you melt it into Lesion.

Yeah I've been told by a friend that i should get Loki, and everyone says he's a great frame. I'll probably get him but that kinda puts me in a group with everyone else, i think it's fun to be different and getting Loki would mean i'm the same as so many other people since so many people have him. But that doesn't change my point of view on Loki, i still think he's a great frame and i'll probably get him as my next frame. Also thank you for the weapon suggestions. I don't have time right now to take a look at them all but i will for sure look at them when i'm free later tonight.