Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cycron feedback

FelanGrey

Glad I didn't spend plat on this.

Afk whilst waiting for it to reload. So frustrating because the idea of limitless amunition and a base stat of 30 Status is promising. If any weapon deserves a quick nerf it's this.

ps I didn't realise that reloading was further delayed by touching the trigger whist it is reloading. Note to self:   Stop being so bloody- well trigger happy.

pps Still takes 5 secs to reload from empty!

Edited by (XB1)poodlebingo 65

27 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Brakk and Marelok are no longer 'godlike', no need to mention them here. However there are other 'godlike' pistols that are less ammo efficient, but you can easily make them very efficient with a Primed Ammo Mutation and they would still be very much 'godlike'. No need to be stuck using single shot pistols.

If killing 100+ heavygunners in a max of 2 shots isn't godlike, then I suppose my brakk is S#&$.

But anyway, Brakk and Marelok are godlike or not, Cycron is definitely S#&$.

I could be wrong, but while leveling the weapon I found that it worked best in synergy with melee. Run in to melee blasting with the Cycron and once in melee range then switch to melee. Once you've dealt with the melee the Cycron will have recharged and you can charge for ward to the next engagement.

I don't think the Cycron was designed with continuous use in mind but rather as part of a set of gear that you switch between regularly.

2 hours ago, DYSEQTA said:

I could be wrong, but while leveling the weapon I found that it worked best in synergy with melee. Run in to melee blasting with the Cycron and once in melee range then switch to melee. Once you've dealt with the melee the Cycron will have recharged and you can charge for ward to the next engagement.

I don't think the Cycron was designed with continuous use in mind but rather as part of a set of gear that you switch between regularly.

I think that you're right. I'm sure that someone mentioned that DE have plans along those lines.

Why else would they design a weapon with such awful mechanics?

Just thinking about, and it's wild speculation, I wonder whether DE has a plan to introduce a riven melee weapon mod that synergises with Cycron?

Edited by (XB1)poodlebingo 65

I am using Cycron to replace my beloved Spectra (My most used Gun Primary or Secondary)*

My largest issue with Spectra was lack of Punch-through,  & Ammo efficency 

My Cycron currently has 52 Mag capacity and because of how long the Heat proc stun lasts I can stun the enemy and let weapon recharge to continue shooting, just don't enemy mag completely.

It a 6490 Cryotic Fissure run against Corpus/Corrupted I was still killing level 116 Corrupted Bombards and Heavy Gunners. With a Viral+Heat Build*

Sadly when I was looking to buy a Riven- most players selling we're adamant than -Magazine Size was offset because riven had +Multishot or +Damage

I consider -Magazine Size and -Rolling to be non-starters fr the Cycron

Now - Ammo Capacity (Max Reserve Ammo) would be a Cycron stat dump.

My current Riven is + Mag Capacity, +Heat, -Cast chance

Hoping enough players hate this weapon, that it gets changed to Strong Disposition 😊

On 5/20/2017 at 2:12 PM, TaylorsContraction said:

After testing it the first thing I asked in my feedback threads is to get rid of the double reload mechanic. It reloads faster if the mag isn't empty versus if it is. This is just non-sense. Having the single reload timer (the faster of the two) would make this gun substantially better without breaking anything. The secondary reload speed on an empty mag just kills it imo.

This is especially true given how shallow the clip on the thing is, and thus how easy it is to completely empty the magazine.

Personally, I'd like to see the recharge slowed down, and then have the delay before recharge dramatically reduced (or removed all-together).  I'm sure I'm not the first person to suggest that. ;)

Edited by Drunkarius

When I'm using the Cycron, i always carry around an gunblade, so when I do run out of ammo for the cycron. I can fire off an couple of shots as it recharges. Having it modded for faster recharging helps a lot. Because of this I found another new use for my gunblades other then using that repeating combo over and over again.

It does needs some improvement here and there mainly in the clip sizes, I would see that as an way to improve it usage, doing an tad improvement in the reloading speed would work too, but i see improving the clip size being more of an improvement then that.

Edited by genclaymore

Cycron don't need reload delay. The magazine saiz is already a delay. As it count 1by1 till filled. That mean the more mag you got the longer it to filled. Unlike other gun 2 second reload already got full ammo. Without delay it would be a nice gun to play with. 

On 21.5.2017 at 11:39 PM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Sadly when I was looking to buy a Riven- most players selling we're adamant than -Magazine Size was offset because riven had +Multishot or +Damage

I consider -Magazine Size and -Rolling to be non-starters fr the Cycron

Now - Ammo Capacity (Max Reserve Ammo) would be a Cycron stat dump.

My current Riven is + Mag Capacity, +Heat, -Cast chance

Hoping enough players hate this weapon, that it gets changed to Strong Disposition 😊

Yeah that is always a big problem, I for myself would just buy a unrolled riven and start rolling myself on weapons where you need something specific instead of +crit, + damage and +multi shot like on my Boar prime.

I was not really impressed with the Cycron, then again this is most likely a expected outcome with a heat base damage weapon on Ember.

Even the concept is kind of strange:

- unlimited ammo is only really useful at high levels and can be added to a lot of weapons with primed pistole ammo mutation(exception would be twin grakata or similar ammo inefficient weapons)

- build in punch through what is nice

- guaranteed heat proc, however given the fire rate and status modding of my mara detron that gun might be as well have a guaranteed heat proc, while also bringing radiation procs to the table what is very good vs auras at high levels and can carry a 3 element of choice, like corrosive or viral

In the end, if you could skip the delay between the reloads by pressing the reload button and the reload time would be 1-1.5s shorter it would be all right. However currently you nearly need halve the mod space on the weapon to balance out the drawbacks, what would only be justified if it would do something incredible strong at high levels, what it does not if you compare it to status modded secondary weapons that I use in general.

15 hours ago, Djego27 said:

Yeah that is always a big problem, I for myself would just buy a unrolled riven and start rolling myself on weapons where you need something specific instead of +crit, + damage and +multi shot like on my Boar prime.

I was not really impressed with the Cycron, then again this is most likely a expected outcome with a heat base damage weapon on Ember.

Even the concept is kind of strange:

- unlimited ammo is only really useful at high levels and can be added to a lot of weapons with primed pistole ammo mutation(exception would be twin grakata or similar ammo inefficient weapons)

- build in punch through what is nice

- guaranteed heat proc, however given the fire rate and status modding of my mara detron that gun might be as well have a guaranteed heat proc, while also bringing radiation procs to the table what is very good vs auras at high levels and can carry a 3 element of choice, like corrosive or viral

In the end, if you could skip the delay between the reloads by pressing the reload button and the reload time would be 1-1.5s shorter it would be all right. However currently you nearly need halve the mod space on the weapon to balance out the drawbacks, what would only be justified if it would do something incredible strong at high levels, what it does not if you compare it to status modded secondary weapons that I use in general.

I feel Cycron is a side-grade to AkBronco Prime, in the sense that it feels balanced when compared to that weapon.

Pox feels like it is in another league especially since even if not eligible for Dual Wield single gun and single melee, it still can be a quick-tempered monster when paired with Condition Overload and Polearm, Whip, Nunchaku, Tonga, or any other Quick-melee or Maiming Strike build.

Maybe it would have been more balanced if Ammo Mutations never got buffed with Primed variants or past initial 3 ranks (before they were made 5 ranks) in addition to the Crazy Shared Sniper/Launcher Ammo pool for Launcher-type secondary weapons.

I still feel the Cycron is an upgrade to my beloved Spectra, so it is a mainstay for me. Currently have 52 mag on Cycron (Ice Storm, Primed Slip Magazine, & Riven) Have it built for Gas, since I run Radiation + Viral on Melee weapons.

I'm also using Madurai Focus at the moment, the Slash procs seem decent especially with critical headshot proc.

I have to agree with others, that given the small base magazine size the weapon should have had Arch-Gun recharge delay. (Base 20m range would have also kept weapon in check from being overpowered)

What balancing point of the akbronko prime do you mean? Out of the box with the long reload/small mag or a riven build? I got a akbronko prime riven and rolled 50% reload and mag size on it to bring it to the reload and mag capacity that I suggested in the past however the last stat is status duration, so I would have to keep rerolling till I hit mag size, reload and status chance. Then again even with all the rng to fix it, I it can not bring radiation procs to the table and even with a perfect riven will realistically not beat the mara detron in damage against everything at higher levels in the void or the staticor for status.

While a secondary build around condition overload is a bit more specific, in the end there are other weapons that also can trigger 3-4 status effects in rapid succession, without the weird reload mechanic that requires multiple slots to adjust for it on the weapon and since pressing reload does not start the reload feels strange(what is not that noticeable on archguns outside of the dual decurion where a similar feature would be nice, given the big magazines).

D'you know, when I first read the description of it when it came out, I thought it was going to be a disc-throwing pistol at first. Like a secondary Panthera. Dunno why it didn't click that it was going to be a flamethrower, all I saw when I read it was "Plasma" and "Disc".

This gun may be THE worst gun I've ever used.  The gun equivalent of the Machete.  The recharge delay is awful - but it's ability to dish out damage is even worse.  The clip is just too small.  I would seriously rather play with a MK.1 Braton - I'd probably be 10x more effective.  I get recharging ammo is a nice perk - but it doesn't mean you butcher literally every single other stat to compensate... 

Also don't know if it's just me - but I've had it happen several times where it does little to no damage - almost as thought it's not counting any of my mods.  And I'm talking on units that are weak to fire to begin with...

Something wrong with this gun... level 29, cannot wait for one more level to sell it.  Honestly the true definition of Mastery Fodder.  I wouldn't ever even dream of wasting a catalyst on it, but that's probably the only way you'd ever make it remotely viable for anything. 

If by fix you mean change it completely change it, I agree.

You spend almost half of the time reloading, and the other half of the time tickling the enemy with small heat dmg tied to the horrible continuous weapon mechanics!!! 

This weapon brings together two horrible things in just one!!! Long reload time in a continuous weapon!

The only way somebody has a motive to use this is if he has a fetish for weapons called Cycron.