Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spending 1000 Plat (Xbox One)

(XBOX)Ghostextechnica

Question

Just started out in Warframe and am loving it so much I just bought 1000 Plat - so now I have a few questions on how to spend it.

• I know from other similar threads I need to spend quite a bit of this on frame and weapon slots
  • I'm going to buy either Nidus or Inaros (I'm fine with grinding out frames in future but I want to start with a frame I like). 
  • I like the idea of the Carrier, but I understand I should try and trade some plat for Carrier Prime rather than buy Carrier from the market? 
  • Is Orthos Prime a good weapon to try and trade for? 
  • What else should I buy / trade for to really get started with a bit of a boost?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Honestly I'd say buy a few Frame slots, orokin catalysts and cosmetics.  Then play the game.  I think you'll regret buying Nidus or Inaros with plat bc they're very easily obtainable via quests.  The cosmetics part might seem dumb when you're just starting out. But the longer you play the more you'll want that syandana, armor, deluxe skin, alt helmet or color palette. 

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ghostextechnica said:

Just started out in Warframe and am loving it so much I just bought 1000 Plat - so now I have a few questions on how to spend it.

• I know from other similar threads I need to spend quite a bit of this on frame and weapon slots
  • I'm going to buy either Nidus or Inaros (I'm fine with grinding out frames in future but I want to start with a frame I like). 
  • I like the idea of the Carrier, but I understand I should try and trade some plat for Carrier Prime rather than buy Carrier from the market? 
  • Is Orthos Prime a good weapon to try and trade for? 
  • What else should I buy / trade for to really get started with a bit of a boost?

Thanks!

buy at least one forma, catalyst and reactor, you will need them for your best weapon / frame. in addition to one exilus

Then keep the plats for later, don't be rushy, take yr time, you will figure it out yourself what to buy.

You might consider getting boosters also

All the above will help making your gaming experience better

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

Always buy the forma in packs of 3, never as a 1 of for plat.  Far more plat efficient that way.

But yeah... if you're not MR6 yet, completely forget about the primed stuff, play the game, and rank stuff up, go farm frames, and enjoy it.  You need endo, and credits to get your mods ranked up - so you don't have all the right mods at R0 and be completely useless in a mission because nothing's ranked.

slots slot slot and more slots. prolly a reactor and some forma (forma bundles go for 35 plat) get them. 

the game is about grinding so if u buy everything there is no use playing it.

keep the plat to buy vaulted frames later on after u learn about it and which warframe u really want. in my opinion the only vaulted prime worth buying is loki as he can be used to play any mission

keep the plat safe and buy only what is needed i.e primed mods such as primed flow, primed continuity, heavy calibre, etc mods that will make ur warframes and weapons powerful and this will help u progress real fast

if u have any other questions feel free to msg

Always save some plat to buy slots, obviously.

Buying Inaros or Nidus. Yes, both easily obtainable from quests, but the Nidus quest isn't exactly easily obtainable to new players. You have to have completed the War Within quest which you have to have completed the Second Dream quest and so on and so on. Inaros quest you buy from Baro who turns up every couple of weeks. You need ducats and credits so you'll have to do some Void fissure farming for prime parts (that you'll probably want rather than sell early game) that you can sell for ducats and then you can buy that quest. Also, quite a bit of the Inaros quest is difficult to do co-op because you need to find other people doing the quest.

Rock and hard place.

Other things you could consider trading for to give yourself a boost are mods.

Wow, he's got 1000p and you cheapskates are saying "slots, slots, slots."  

OP, never buy slots in bulk unless there is a sale.  Same goes for catalysts and reactors.  Just buy them as needed.  You should never have an empty warframe slot unless you are about to pick something up from the foundry.  I think of these things as my daily expenses, and once you get farther into the game, you can easily keep up with the cost just selling stuff you accumulate through normal play.

There is an event on right now called Darvo's Deals.  Every day there is a different item on sale at a discount  and on the weekends there will be a discounted Warframe.  There should also be some forma, catalyzers, and reactors on sale at the end of the event in two or three weeks, so that would be a good time to stock up.  I would check the marketplace every day and hold off major purchases until the end of the event.

It's okay to buy a cool frame if you are really excited about the game.  Just wait until you get a coupon as a daily reward.  I've personally bought Ivara for 50 percent off and Nidus for 75 percent off (only 57p!).  75 percent coupons are rare.  I've only ever got one or two.  25 or 50 percent are fairly common.  The Nidus bundle should be on sale for 55 percent off after Darvo's Deals.  It will cost more than Nidus by himself, but it's worth looking into for the other items.  Never pay full price.  

As far as trade chat, don't pay more than 25p for a Carrier Prime set.  It's not that hard to get parts for.  Same with Orthos Prime.  Orthos is good but not great.  Carrier Prime is the toughest of the sentinels and has good utility.       

After your shopping spree, save 400 or 500p for unforseen necessities or desires down the road, including boosters for credits, resources, or experience.

27 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

http://warframe.market/ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trade chat

Trade chat is filled with people trying to rip each other off.  Warframe.market can normally do it for cheaper than trade chat - because all you need to remember is:

/w <user> hi!

/w <user> do you still have <item>?

Where <user> is who's got the <item> you want to buy.

OP is on Xbox One which isn't really represented at all well on warframe.market.  I only use that site to get a feel for prices when I'm looking to buy or sell.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

OP is on Xbox One which isn't really represented at all well on warframe.market.  I only use that site to get a feel for prices when I'm looking to buy or sell.

OP should join the master race then =P

But yeah, that is a problem >.>