Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WFInfo - Warframe Companion App

SumBoady

WFInfo 3.0

WFInfo provides you with quick access to both ducat and platinum prices for fissure rewards.

WFInfo now has new features and has had another GUI re-haul.

The application works as shown here

You can get the program here

Usage

To use it extract the RAR file anywhere and run WFInfo.exe inside.

You can start the application up at any point either before or after you launch Warframe.

Once open, simply press the activation key (Default: Print Screen) when the reward selection screen pops up and wait a moment.

For more information, help can be found here

Note

This program requires you to run Warframe in Borderless Fullscreen mode and use 'Full' UI size.

Let me know if there are some features that you would like added.

Please PM me if you experience any bugs.

Change Log

5/18/2017
  All vaulted items are now represented by an asterisk(*) next to their name
  Credit to xEpicBradx on Reddit for coming up with the code
5/16/2017
  Fixed an issue where console only worked in debug mode
  Duck has been re-added, but still discombobulated
5/15/2017
  GUI re-re-hauled
  Console command feature added
  Added command tool, info here

5/8/2017
  Update 2.0.0
  OCR is now done client-side cutting lookup time in half.
  Bi-product of OCR being client-side is more accurate item predictions.
  Application now stores platinum prices further decreasing lookup time.
  Some vaulted items will now display an asterisk(*) next to the name.

4/30/2017
  Graphical update.

4/29/2017
  Added experimental fullscreen mode.
  Added option to remove your username to improve application accuracy.

4/22/2017
  Added option to set the activate key.

Edited by SumBoady

34 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

WFInfo provides you with quick access both ducat and platinum prices for fissure rewards.

Considering this is ever changing because of supply/demand and sucker/bargain situations, can this really be reliable?

2 hours ago, SumBoady said:

It's self updating, so yup :) Very reliable.

where does it get prices from though? And is the ducut prices self updating as well for future vaultings and unvaultings? Can this change at a moments notice when items get unvaulted/vaulted?

44 minutes ago, Arniox said:

where does it get prices from though?

It gets prices from Warframe.Market.

is the ducut prices self updating as well for future vaultings and unvaultings?

The ducat prices aren't self updating in the currently released version, but they will be in the next update. As for the vaultings, I'm working on it.

Can this change at a moments notice when items get unvaulted/vaulted?

Fetching and sanitizing the data can take a bit of time, so in the unreleased version I have it set to update the ducat and parts list once a week.
If it's really important to people to have the latest as soon as possible I'll consider adding a manual update button.

Edited by SumBoady

11 hours ago, SumBoady said:

WFInfo provides you with quick access both ducat and platinum prices for fissure rewards.

interesting... Clan was just talking about something like this, I'll give it a go.

Also (I don't know why this is not a given) add installation instructions to your readme...

Where are these files in the .rar going?

Do I just make a special folder for them?

Do I run the WFinfo.exe before the game splash etc etc...

This stuff is not obvious to most ppl... make it step by step, try to answer all possible questions someone might have... currently you start with:

"Press the Activation Key on your keyboard while on the fissure reward selection screen.
A small black box will pop up in the bottom right of your screen."

That's not very helpful if you're in the .rar wondering what you do with these files and if they need to be with the warframe files or not, some apps need to hook into the game files others do not.

Edited by Carnage2K4

1 hour ago, SumBoady said:

It gets prices from Warframe.Market.

The ducat prices aren't self updating in the currently released version, but they will be in the next update. As for the vaultings, I'm working on it.

Fetching and sanitizing the data can take a bit of time, so in the unreleased version I have it set to update the ducat and parts list once a week.
If it's really important to people to have the latest as soon as possible I'll consider adding a manual update button.

cool. I'll try it out. However, would love to have it working in fullscreen as that is what I play in all the time and I don't have dual monitors :(

Well I've used this in a few missions now, it seems good, but it's a little slow, I know for plat price you need to pull info from Warframe.market, so I think you should have either an option to not bother showing plat (so only the Ducats price is pulled from the WFInfo.exe.config file, and it should display faster) OR display the ducats price and leave the plat as '...' until the value is acquired then refresh the window to show both prices, basically that ducat price needs to be as fast as possible, 5-6 seconds before the window displays does not leave much time left for working out what to choose. I took me a few times to know what to identify (ducat price for me) and mentally block out all other text, which leads me to another suggestion:

I would also suggest some colour coding, make the ducat value gold and the plat value silver or something, it's an instantaneous thought to view only 1 colour see the higher value and read the nearest item name.

You could even use the MMO colours on the entire item for ducat or plat price (as another option) 100D, 75D, 50D, 25D, 15D etc. I guess plat price is harder to do for this.

Edited by Carnage2K4

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

it's a little slow, I know for plat price you need to pull info from Warframe.market

It's actually not the platinum that takes time, that's relatively instant, it's the OCR API. Since that's a main part of the application there's nothing I can do besides coding and training my own OCR, and that's an undertaking I don't feel like taking on in the least.

15 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

You could even use the MMO colours on the entire item for ducat or plat price (as another option) 100D, 75D, 50D, 25D, 15D etc. I guess plat price is harder to do for this.

I'll consider it, thanks for the idea :) The platinum prices should be easy enough to color code, I just need to create an algorithm that adds more of a color the higher the number.

9 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

It's actually not the platinum that takes time, that's relatively instant, it's the OCR API. Since that's a main part of the application there's nothing I can do besides coding and training my own OCR, and that's an undertaking I don't feel like taking on in the least.

Fair enough then, if there is nothing you can do, I guess there is nothing else you can do.

The app works well none the less, does what is intended, so nice work in general.

Turns out, it's a fair bit easier to add OCR directly into the program than I had initially thought.
It isn't the easiest thing in the world though, so it's going to take a while before it's ready.

So, *Professor Farnsworth Voice* Good news everyone! WFInfo is going to be even faster soon!

16 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

Turns out, it's a fair bit easier to add OCR directly into the program than I had initially thought.
It isn't the easiest thing in the world though, so it's going to take a while before it's ready.

So, *Professor Farnsworth Voice* Good news everyone! WFInfo is going to be even faster soon!

*Also Professor Farnsworth Voice* Huzzah!

1 hour ago, Randomplayer187 said:

Everytime i try to use version 3.0.1 it always fails, on the relic screen, showing "Status: Ready[Failed]," same thing happened with version 2.0.0

Is WF in windowed mode when using the App, there are some external problems trying to make the app work in a normal full screen game.

Edited by Carnage2K4

18 hours ago, Randomplayer187 said:

Everytime i try to use version 3.0.1 it always fails, on the relic screen, showing "Status: Ready[Failed]," same thing happened with version 2.0.0

In settings there should be a checkbox labeled "Debug Mode." Check that box and run the program for a couple missions.

Even though nothing might happen it's gathering data.

When you're done, go to your appdata folder found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

Inside of that folder should be one labeled "WFInfo." RAR and upload everything in that folder and PM me with a link to it.

Edited by SumBoady

3 hours ago, SumBoady said:

In settings there should be a checkbox labeled "Debug Mode." Check that box and run the program for a couple missions.

Even though nothing might happen it's gathering data.

When you're done, go to your appdata folder found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

Inside of that folder should be one labeled "WFInfo." RAR and upload everything in that folder and PM me with a link to it.

After running the game itself in Windowed mode, it seems to now work fine back in Border-less Fullscreen, however, if you would still like the logs/info i can happily provide.

29 minutes ago, Randomplayer187 said:

After running the game itself in Windowed mode, it seems to now work fine back in Border-less Fullscreen

That's good to hear.

30 minutes ago, Randomplayer187 said:

if you would still like the logs/info i can happily provide.

I doubt I'd find anything useful in the logs now, but thanks for asking :)

Sadly, the problem with fullscreen is displaying an overlay in fullscreen games requires you to inject code into the DirectX dll, which DE may not like.
I'm currently waiting for a response from support about this, hopefully they'll be alright with it and I can make it available, but don't get your hopes up.