The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Put Aura's On Sentinels Instead

Dazko

Why? I think it would be quite the opposite. Energy Siphon would still be the standard 0.6 per player, have you even looked at the other aura stuff?

Rifle Amp: +45% rifle damage that seems to stack on all players adding a total of 180% rifle damage. Yes, that almost triples your rifle damage output. Hello, Ogris.

Corrosive Projection: possibly useful, some say it stacks multiplicatively (which would make more sense) making it something like -75% armor if all 4 have it maxed and if it stacks additively -120% armor (wut).

Infested Impedance: -30% movement speed from infested and is said to stack? Do you realize how possibly broken something like this stacking is? Now add freezing on top of that, hello, would you REALLY use Energy Siphon over this when trying to go for high wave amount? (3 speed reductions + 1 ammo gain or something along those lines).

All of the ammo gain auras are RIDICULOUS paired with ammo efficient weaponry. (Why not make Energy Siphon like ammo gain - increases blue bloblet drops?)

Honestly, I'm more surprised that people are even considering that ES will be the only one used compared to the other auras currently available.

The main thing with energy siphon is that it can be utilized in any situation.

Rifle amp on paper sounds useful, but this is ONLY for rifles, what happens if you run out of ammo then? The Ogris is also something people in large clans have, and only if they are over rank 6. 

I'm not sure about corrosive projection myself.

Infested Impedance, too broken, will be fixed, only useful on infested maps.

PS whoever's arguing the case about not everyone having Sentinels: please stop. You start playing and in a day or two you're already building your sentinel - where the hell is the problem? Low level auras are far less important than a sentinel itself. Sentinel regenning your shield is way way way way way way more useful than having a 0.1 energy siphon or 5% armor reduction in enemies.

Alright, if you have not read my argument on this, here are the main points. Some people do not have the credits, new players shouldn't prioritize sentinel JUST to use auras, even if they do get a sentinel for the benefits regenerating shield, they would need the mod for it first, that could take a while. It didn't take me until two-three weeks to get a sentinel and have the rest of my gear settled, this was before void missions however, for the void missions, I'm not sure if new players could handle getting the void keys and farming void for enough money, although very possible by mid-game.

Edited by DesuEx

Alright, if you have not read my argument on this, here are the main points. Some people do not have the credits, new players shouldn't prioritize sentinel JUST to use auras, even if they do get a sentinel for the benefits regenerating shield, they would need the mod for it first, that could take a while. It didn't take me until two-three weeks to get a sentinel and have the rest of my gear settled, this was before void missions however, for the void missions, I'm not sure if new players could handle getting the void keys and farming void for enough money, although very possible by mid-game.

So a change that affects mostly players who play a lot and have played a lot should not be made because some people don't really play the game?

In like 10 days I was mastery rank 4 and I didn't even play that much. Sentinel was one of the first things you got because there really isn't a whole lot else to get. And enough money? What? 30-40 missions in you already have enough credits to get a Sentinel going no problem. And it's not like this is a problem as you could just run through some of them in like 2-3 minutes and collect the 2-3k reward at the end. The cost in credits of a sentinel is not an issue pretty much ever.

I don't like this because it would limit auras to people who have sentinels. And yes, it's pretty easy to get money now... if you play a ton of Void missions. If you're a starting player who doesn't have a clan, it will take you ages to get that many credits. Keep in mind that new players would also want to use credits on new weapons.

Keep in mind that new players would also want to use credits on new weapons.

They need to craft them now anyway so this argument is kinda pointless.

I dont get the fuzz about "i dont like sentiles booo"... if you dont like it dont build it, dont use it. You screw yourself of free invisibility / free sheild recharge / free shield when ressing or huge dps boost ... just put aura to this list and live with this. Rest of 95% playerbase will be happy.

+1 for OP idea

Well I think the people who like this idea outweigh the people who don't. I think eventually it will go this way due to popular demand. It's either that or they change it back to the way it was because the majority of players hate how it currently is like myself.

Besides it will give sentinels a bigger role to play, more players will be encouraged to get a sentinel.

As for new players, well first you have to unlock missions and level your gear, make friends, find a clan and get a sentinel first. It wont be instant just like everything else isn't instant. It requires patience and grinding which is what this game is about. If you are not willing to either play enough to get the cool things or buy them then you must not care for the game that much anyway so why bother complaining. There are thousands of other games if this is unsatisfying then go play something else.

If not then keep in mind that this is still open beta so the game will change and keep changing so keep your chin up.

DE cannot please everyone and it would be foolish of them to even try. In the end it comes down to a vote of sorts. Who likes this and who doesn't. They will rule in favor of the group that outweighs the other. SO make your case, and be done with it. After that, wait and see what happens.

Sentinels tend to steal kills, and based on feedback I've heard from higher kill ranked players, they won't use sentinels because of that.

Frankly, I would agree with it, if you could pick one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Sentinels tend to steal kills, and based on feedback I've heard from higher kill ranked players, they won't use sentinels because of that.

Frankly, I would agree with it, if you could pick one or the other, but not both at the same time.

then just unmod the gun or unequip the weapons, seems really silly to not use them since they have so much more abilities other than damage output like guardian, sanctuary, invis, etc

The bonus of it all is you lose the aura if the sentinel dies! :D

I know I'm all for it. Those against because you don't start out with one is silly. You don't start with artifacts, and they are still quite rare despite how many of them we may have acquired over an extended period.

So a change that affects mostly players who play a lot and have played a lot should not be made because some people don't really play the game?

In like 10 days I was mastery rank 4 and I didn't even play that much. Sentinel was one of the first things you got because there really isn't a whole lot else to get. And enough money? What? 30-40 missions in you already have enough credits to get a Sentinel going no problem. And it's not like this is a problem as you could just run through some of them in like 2-3 minutes and collect the 2-3k reward at the end. The cost in credits of a sentinel is not an issue pretty much ever.

It is most definitely an issue, especially if the said new player is aiming for a different frame, each frame component costs 15k, with frame blueprints ranging to 25k, 70k for a single frame, not to mention some players would probably buy different weapons too, I know a lot of new players with friends who already play the game are suggested to buy the braton and ditch the MK-1, I do not think that restricting auras on sentinels is the proper way to do this, it would force a new player to decide between new gear and a sentinel. 

Edited by DesuEx

I really doubt people will start gimping themselfs by removing frame mods, because of an aura mod, I wouldn't for sure. And no matter what kind of system they implement energy siphon will be the most desired mod imo. They're gonna force 3 formas out of me because no other aura mod is really worth it no matter how much the rest got buffed. I'll either use energy siphon or nothing to be honest.

I like this idea because artifact + sentinel (credits) is easier to obtain than forma/potatoes at least in my experience. It also adds more utility to sentinels, more reasons to use them and to make sure they don't get killed. Also the mod that allows a sentinel to shoot can be removed and it won't do annoying stuff (annoying for other people atleast).

It is most definitely an issue, especially if the said new player is aiming for a different frame, each frame component costs 15k, with frame blueprints ranging to 25k, 70k for a single frame, not to mention some players would probably buy different weapons too, I know a lot of new players with friends who already play the game are suggested to buy the braton and ditch the MK-1, I do not think that restricting auras on sentinels is the proper way to do this, it would force a new player to decide between new gear and a sentinel. 

Then do without an aura until you get one. That's no different than the current system, at all, in which building new equipment and sentinels allows you to amp up your power. This just means that Sentinels should be prioritised by new players earlier, over new frames, and if they choose to go a different route then that's their problem.

Edited by MangoMonkey

The argument that new players don't have the credits to buy a sentinel is ridiculous, how did anyone get their's? They did missions, collected credits and built their sentinel, I don't see how that is any different for new players. And deciding not to get one makes no sense either, they are a massive benefit to the player, and you do yourself a disservice in the long run by not getting one. So you have to wait a little longer to build your next frame, big deal. A sentinel will help you on every frame to come, make the investment now and worry about getting the shiny new toys later.