The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Put Aura's On Sentinels Instead

Dazko

If this is even a viable option to DE, what about new players? To get 100k credits and resources for a scavenger aura (which will likely be the first they find) Is a bit steep. Unless they gave us a base companion sphere sentinel from the start for perhaps 10k credits built. No weapons, but can use the shield transfer mod.

A Companion Sphere can also brighten up any dojo with unconditional love ability.

Edited by Firetempest

If this is even a viable option to DE, what about new players? To get 100k credits and resources for a scavenger aura (which will likely be the first they find) Is a bit steep. Unless they gave us a base companion sphere sentinel from the start for perhaps 10k credits built. No weapons, but can use the shield transfer mod.

Fine. Just call it the "Aura Sphere" and only allow it to use Aura mods and no sentinel mods until after you upgrade it to a full sentinel.

A Companion Sphere can also brighten up any dojo with unconditional love ability.

To summarize what was said several times in the first two pages: money is relatively easy to get. New players will get 100k credits, easily before they unlock the planet to do alerts for the auras.

why move it to the sentinels? What if it dies?

There should be an easier way to do it. Why not increase the energy of all frames by 5 then keep the system as it is. 5 should be fair. Helps with the burden of using auras and if you equip one with the right polarity, you get 1 point to use on your frame.

Maybe they can even give each frame an aura energy pool of 5. This enery is reserved for auras and cannot be used for other mods. Auras can however draw on your frame for more energy should 5 not be enough (using siphon on frost prime uses 9 Defense polarity and Tactical polarity mismatch; so 4 energy will be drawn from your frame.)

i support this idea. most sentinels have alot of spare energy compared to frames.

I to support this idea. I have open slots with energy to spare on my shade which I run with.

Question(s) though.

What would happen when the sentinal is killed? Will the ability to use the mod disappear?

Edit. Should have read all the posts for my questions hahaha

Edited by IIPREDATORII

To summarize what was said several times in the first two pages: money is relatively easy to get. New players will get 100k credits, easily before they unlock the planet to do alerts for the auras.

You seem to forget what it was like to be new and spending money on your first mods, or making cronus, and buying items you thought you needed.

Sure its super easy if you're getting twinked by a older player who knows whats going on. But for every other person in the world who wasn't invited into the game, when you finally start to get the alert system and that you need a sentinel for certain things, you are likely going to still be broke.

Aura cards can still be log-in rewards too I believe. 115k plus Control Module plus extra 24h for what used to be a basic always there function no matter when you first came upon it is going the wrong way.

Unless they had like a companion sentinel or as MangoMonkey put it, a Aura Sphere sentinel available from the start. Its perk could be that it never dies as it never aggros the enemy. And since the other sentinels offer support and utility, its just a risk factor.

Wow people actually think everyone starts off with a sentinel? What bout the people who don't have a sentinel to put Auras on? New players and such.

It would encourage them to actually invest in a sentinal as a necessary item instead of looking at them as they are now and going "I can wait about as long as I want to get this and I'll be fine."

i cant see why it cant be both. Just give people the option (obviously you would still be limited to one in total)

- Also if your sentinel dies do you lose the buff?

I think it would be an interesting balance if this was done. If they also made it an option to only have one active Aura at a time and let us keep the Aura warframe slot as well, you would get the ability to pick what you wanted. Do you want to know you'll always have the buff? Then you can sacrfice some points to put it on your frame. Do you prefer to have the points on your frame? Well then you can throw your Aura on a sentinal, but if the sentinal dies you lose your buff/lose some percentage of your buff.

I really think any varient of this Aura on a sentinal idea could work. I like it.

+1 from me as well!

I haven't forgotten what it's like to be new to the game. It was so easy to get the sentinal. Credits are everywhere. No need for the "easy way out" "companion" sentinal you've suggested. That's just a lazy way to get one, and gives the new players nothing to strive for like the rest of us had to. Besides I'm pretty sure the new player will benefit off of others who bave one until they receive one themselves.

This argument on new players not being able to get one is just an excuse.

You have to work hard in this game for Warframes and everything else. Don't give them free bee items just because they're new. That's just not fair to the rest of us who worked for what we got.

You have to work hard in this game for Warframes and everything else. Don't give them free bee items just because they're new. That's just not fair to the rest of us who worked for what we got.

Except you are treating it like a normal sentinel rather than an addition to the game at large as a response to a lost feature. Does it need mod slots other than the aura? No. Could it be a reward for completing a advanced tutorial? Sure. Just because we "worked" for something similar at one time or another (if we worked for it at all) is not a valid reason to disregard a possible change.

Just like the new aura system. Maybe we will have to bite it and adapt our fits and it will never be changed how we want it.

Edited by Firetempest

Hey lets hit the gamers with the aura change on there frame, they gonna come up with a "great" idea that the aura could be moved to the sentinel. What is actually our plan all along. We can sell something as new that is not and actually even make it worse in the process, because now they have to use some of there points for something that they got before for nothing...

Ok that might be a bit cynical and yes on the sentinel is better then the warframe but come on people, why have we to spend points on artifacts dressed as auras when we did not have to before...

Edited by Clasbyte

Then do without an aura until you get one. That's no different than the current system, at all, in which building new equipment and sentinels allows you to amp up your power. This just means that Sentinels should be prioritised by new players earlier, over new frames, and if they choose to go a different route then that's their problem.

Again you're missing my point, why would we restrict the aura system even more? It wouldn't make sense to prevent players from acquiring new frames. 

Yeah it's not as if you could, like, remove a mod or something. Nope. Screwwwwwwwed.

You can remove a mod from your warframe too. I don't see the problem really, supportive players will probably prefer an aura over a more selfish mod

Wow people actually think everyone starts off with a sentinel? What bout the people who don't have a sentinel to put Auras on? New players and such.

They probably won't have auras though tbh (alert only yeah?)...sents aren't exactly hard to come by.  They're dirt cheap.