The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt - How I think it could be better

PrVonTuckIII

So I am a big fan of the Daikyu. It's not the best bow, but it's satisfying and fun to use. I especially enjoy using the Thunderbolt mod for it, and I wanted a way for it to be more effective at higher levels.

We know that the Jat Kittag has the Vulcan Blitz mod, which gives an explosion on kills, that deals a set amount of damage + a percentage of the enemy's health. It's also guarunteed.

I want Thunderbolt to be more like this. A guaranteed explosion, that scales with the enemy's health. Perhaps only on stealth kills?

Please?

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

if:

• Thunerbolt Chance was based on Status Chance
  • Thunderbolt Damage was increased over the flat 300 by the total Damage of the Weapon

then you'd have a perfectly viable Mod. one that even happens to favor Daikyu the most, by coincidence (as i originally suggested this long before Daikyu was released).
as Daikyu would have a guaranteed double Explosion from Thunderbolt, each for ~6950 Damage.

it would also pair pretty nicely with Cernos Prime.
other Bows would get solid use out of it.

the reasoning to base it off of Status Chance is to have more than one type of Loadout for Bows, for the first time ever. (no, spamming a 'Status Dread' doesn't count, we're talking about useful things here)

nice pros of this:

• reason to consider Status on a Bow
  • choice between as much Status as possible or to increase the Damage of the Explosion more
  • favors the least 'Meta' Bows by coincidence the most
  • Bows having two Loadouts for once, full Crit Damage and Status Explosions

It was brought up so many times and not just by players but I think DE even mentioned it or Secondary's counterpart in some Devstreams. And yet... yeah, nothing has changed.

Thunderbolt made a blast when was released (sucks, that I got mine after its nerf) because it was affected by weapon's damage and mods. And all devs did after that is capping the damage at 250 points.

Using Kela's mods mechanics or just making it work on Status and Damage mods' %s (Damage mods like Serration, HC, Banes for damage and Status is for detonation chance) would perfectly balance it out. Heck, they could even make it a R10 mod, so you'd get better stats at the cost of energy.

I'm just keeping a thought in my head that Thunderbolt and Concealed Explosives are lying in the pit along with Rifle Aptitude, Sure Shot, Shotgun Savvy, Melee Prowless mods waiting for their rebalance. A man can dream.

I personally think that Thunderbolt as well as the secondary explosive mods (CE and the Bolto one) should be the current damage + up to 10% of enemies total Health.....because then it would at least scale and not fall off so damn quickly. Your addition for TB would be great also

Wont people just blow themselves up with it? If they are complaining about self damage killing them on the other weapons, the same thing should happen with bows, because enemies just surrounds you really fast.

2 hours ago, DSpite said:

Wont people just blow themselves up with it? If they are complaining about self damage killing them on the other weapons, the same thing should happen with bows, because enemies just surrounds you really fast.

Generally, people aren't shotgunning with their bows. The range envelope for most silent weapons is generally far enough that self-damage is a non-issue.

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Generally, people aren't shotgunning with their bows. The range envelope for most silent weapons is generally far enough that self-damage is a non-issue.

If this happened, will the Cernos and spread shot cause explosions on all arrows?