Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do NO relics drop on Rot A survivals??

Xekrin

Yes, I know full well the title is inaccurate, ODS does actually have relics, however they are all Lith and therefore do not count IMO.

Meso Relics and higher only drop from B or C in any survival.  Not a single one drops on rotation A.  Why is that?  I vastly prefer to do survivals over defense or interception and yet I must do exactly those to double my chances on getting the relics I need.

It is quite dissatisfying.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Neither, but thanks for ... whatever the hell that was.

That was a critique on you wanting higher quality relics for higher rarity drops and thus higher priced stuff by spamming 5 minutes of Survival for an easy buck.

3 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

That was a critique on you wanting higher quality relics for higher rarity drops and thus higher priced stuff by spamming 5 minutes of Survival for an easy buck.

I don't spam 5 minute survivals.  If that is how I played I'd simply spam defenses that have the relic I desire on rot a.  I go 40 minutes minimum.  

Considering that literally every relic has common drops their Tier has nothing to do with quality or rarity.  You think Lith has no high quality drops?  Do you even play this game?

What I want is the option to play the missions I prefer.  People who just love defenses and interceptions can get pretty much any relic they wish from Rot A.  Because I prefer survivals I am penalized?  Your critique is nonsense.

I checked the wiki, there does seem to be  lack of rotation A relic drops for Survival and Excavation. Relics drop only for B and C for them.

Interception and Defense have several rotation A relic drops.

Maybe this is so because reaching rotation A for defense / interception takes a little longer than survival's 5 minutes?  I never timed it, really so this is speculation on my part. 
One excavator definitely takes less than 5 minutes. Being able to get relics from the first excavator would unbalance the time:gain ratio when compared to other endless modes. So here it makes sense why no rotation A relic drops exist for excavation.

Edited by MystMan

13 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I don't spam 5 minute survivals.  If that is how I played I'd simply spam defenses that have the relic I desire on rot a.  I go 40 minutes minimum.  

Considering that literally every relic has common drops their Tier has nothing to do with quality or rarity.  You think Lith has no high quality drops?  Do you even play this game?

What I want is the option to play the missions I prefer.  People who just love defenses and interceptions can get pretty much any relic they wish from Rot A.  Because I prefer survivals I am penalized?  Your critique is nonsense.

Do I play it? I don't know, I really don't know. Maybe I'm just looking at the game and the star chart finished all the missions on its own, all the warframes popped into existence and my MR21 I just kind of typed into chat. It was willed into existence. An item being bronze, silver or gold doesn't make it of same rarity as a neo or axi drop of the same coloration. If a relic is a rarer drop, the value and thus rarity of it will also increase. Saryn Prime BP is 5-10p on the market, because it's a Rare drop in Lith relics. Can you say the same about Neo and Axi rare drops?

So, to reverse a question on you, do you even think?
I understand you want freedom to play gamemodes you want and skip boring modes like Interception, dear god that's a bad one -.-  But the system like this is in place to have variety and spread all these tons of relics across tons of mission nodes in order to give everyone something and encourage trading. It's a vast system that offers something for everyone, not everything for someone.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

So, to reverse a question on you, do you even think?

I think quite often, in fact thinking is what spurred me to create this thread to begin with.  My thinking resulted in the following conclusion and query.  Why can the rewards not be more spread out?  Sure there are Primes that are worth more, and therefore should be in axi/neo, yet that does not answer the question as to why not a single one is in rotation A of survival.

There are plenty of rotation A defense/interceptions that award 'rare' relic drops that go for plat or whatever.  It even has nothing to do with plat or ducats.  It has to do with diversity of the pool.  

Is 5 minutes of survival somehow easier than 1 wave or 1 round of the other mission types?  I don't see it.  1 defense wave can actually be over in less than 90 seconds.  Interceptions are just as quick given a properly coordinated team. Yet Rotation A of survival is 5 minutes regardless of how fast you kill or how skilled you are or how coordinated your squad is.  Somehow deciding that 'spamming 5 minute survivals' is easier than doing so in defense or interception is utter crap.

2 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

But the system like this is in place to have variety and spread all these tons of relics across tons of mission nodes in order to give everyone something and encourage trading.

They are not spread out, there is a very specific pattern to it.  Every single Neo relic is available in Rotation A of Tier 3 defenses/interceptions and Rotation B and C of Tier 2.  Every single Axi relic is available in Tier 3 defense/interceptions on rotation B and C.  That is double the chances for every relic in defense or interception.

Survivals (not even Tier 3 survivals) have no relics in rotation A and only offer a relic in either B or C.

I don't even include excavations in this although I should since they offer no Rotation A relics either, not even lith or meso ones.  Although since a good squad and run multiple excavators at once, that doesn't even matter TBH.

So I ask again, why no relics in rotation A of survivals?

As for this moronic statement

20 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

spamming 5 minutes of Survival for an easy buck.

I can and do spam 10 waves of defense for relics all the time 'for an easy buck', I simply enjoy survivals much more and would like to, gosh I dunno, enjoy myself whilst playing when all I am doing is farming random relics, much less a specific relic.

If that makes me spoiled then holy fraking hell I am mother fraking spoiled.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

So I ask again, why no relics in rotation A of survivals?

If that makes me spoiled then holy fraking hell I am mother fraking spoiled.  Thanks.

A, because it was intended that way, simple as that. No great logic and enlightenment, just how they made it.
B, you're a little less spoiled.

10 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

But you can make peace with a simple fact or you can go wear a tinfoil hat or something cuzz there's no other answer.

You realize this is a FEEDBACK forum yes?  What I am doing, see, is offering feedback on a part of the game.  Whether I actually get an official answer isn't the point.  The point is I am providing feedback.  What are you doing other than trying your hardest to belittle my every effort because why?  I cannot even conceive the amount of hostility and ignorance it takes to find threads I do not agree with call them jokes, insult the OP and make fun of their desire to enjoy a game they play.

Why are you even here?