Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Riven Challenge Won't Complete

VKhaun

Question

I've got a veiled pistol riven here. Defense mission, lv30+, take no damage, no energy consumables. I've done this a bunch of times before the same way. I join a random pub game at Akkad on Eris with Vauban, spam bastille, use no energy consumables and leave at wave 5...

But this time the Riven just won't complete. :(

I see that now when you bring up the ESC key menu and go back out, it pops up your challenges again. I have been using that to check and even on wave 5, halfway through, it still doesn't say failed. 

Anyone bump into this problem before?

14 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Did anyone else use an energy consumable? That'll fail it for you too (I had that happen with an ammo consumable or something once; I did everything right but it still failed b/c one of my pub squadmates dropped an ammo pizza). 

I've done it about five times now. Sometimes other people use them but it doesn't pop up as failed afterwards. Not every run though. There's definitely been one or two where no one used any.

Just now, Nurmetya said:

Does it say solo or alone on the card anywhere? 

No. I've had to do those before. I was happy I got to pug this one. Solo and no energy would be a PITA.

It's just lv30+, no damage, no energy consumables.

1 minute ago, VKhaun said:

No. I've had to do those before. I was happy I got to pug this one. Solo and no energy would be a PITA.

It's just lv30+, no damage, no energy consumables.

I've had solo and no energy consumables as well and I can agree it is a PITA, all I can think of is some trash mob is getting a lucky shot off and tagging the pod causing it to fail. I tend to use Frost myself when it comes to the defense ones and just slap a mediumish sized  globe on it, enough to cover the pod and keep napalms and bombards from hitting it with an AOE but not big enough to have stuff spawning inside of it.

11 minutes ago, UvBenServed said:

Also, when you say "take no damage" is that referring to you or the objective?

Objective.

I got the key right... I ran the mission at least five times and I checked the key before the first run and after every run. I've been buying veiled rivens off other players and doing challenges like this for a few nights without any issues. Good tips from people in chat. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this one right. There's got to be a trick or a bug here. Hoping someone else has encountered it.

When I personally get these, I do them solo even if I don't have to. Max Range and Efficiency Frost with Enemy Radar equipped on Akkad. Wait around long enough to get Zenurik close before it auto starts. You'll be able to get a couple Avalanches out before able to activate Focus. After that it's just a slow, but effective 5 waves of watching the minimap and casting Avalanche every 8-10 seconds.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Sic Mirx said:

When I personally get these, I do them solo even if I don't have to. Max Range and Efficiency Frost with Enemy Radar equipped on Akkad. Wait around long enough to get Zenurik close before it auto starts. You'll be able to get a couple Avalanches out before able to activate Focus. After that it's just a slow, but effective 5 waves of watching the minimap and casting Avalanche every 8-10 seconds.

^this.

Even with Bastille spamming, the enemies can still spit at the pod from outside the Bastille and damage it.

Thanks guys, but again the game is not saying that I failed it. I've seen enemies hit the pod before. The game pops up the challenge and it says failed. I'm completing the mod challenge as it's written and I'm not getting credit. I was just hoping someone had had the same issue and gotten past it.

I'll try it one more time, take screenshots and make a bug report if it doesn't work.

15 hours ago, VKhaun said:

I've got a veiled pistol riven here. Defense mission, lv30+, take no damage, no energy consumables.

So my first thought is Akkad is a dark sector defense and the game isn't counting that as a defense with regards to unlocking the riven.  Have you tried a different node?  I use the void defense for these just for an excuse to go do a void defense even if is only 5 waves of one.